Kodking194

ideas for oceanic map (related to new dlc suggestions oceanic)

so i made this forum for all people to give ideas for an oceanic map as me and my friend and possibly a few others are working on it and the creatures hoping wild card may notice it and add it into ark itself as it is a must have map. herw r the ideas i can remember off the top of my head.

.almost all water 90ish%

.under water caves as spawn areas with moon pool like places that lead to the ocean

. water based wyverns and drakes

. the wyvern trench would be an under water volcanoe surrounded by a circular trench with hexagonal colums, volcanic vents at the bottom that release toxic chemicals into the water so you must wear scuba gear.

. a ship grave yard where the levithin boss would spawn like in extinction. 

. oxygen pets that would supply oxygen to u

. new sea relate ditems like new boats, bigger rafts, diving bells, primitive diving gear hide based, new materials to replace others e.g wood, thatch, berries will be replaced with drift wood, bammboo or kelp, sea berries

. plant species w, a plant that allows you to breathe under water like gilly weed (harry potter and the goblet of fire)

. new creatures like the hippocampus and others

. element rocks like the oil nodes, leak element, can place tek element pumps to harvest them. giant clams that can bee collected for keratin and black pearls

and much more so for those who have been to the other forum please restate your ideas and new ones on this forum as me and my friend will be looking here for ideas and on the other forum but mainly here. new people r welcome to add ideas and art for the map creatures and even new ways to gather resources.

• Like 1

nice i am at school right now so i cant use steam on my laptop while using school internet but trust me my friend is on right now looking at this and making the map. any more concept art is great i cant wait to see what you r making as i am drawing right now aswell. i working on the map disign.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

also please someone list all the creatures and abilities that have been named as i cant remember them all and to busy working on other things for the map.

You probably think this is obvious, but not all of these are going to be 100% perfect ideas, so don't try to add everything. I'm not saying you will, just need to make sure.

Now with that out of the way, Here's the list:

Levyatan (Gman): Hostile to tusoteuthis and defensive to everything else (Gman), multi-seater saddle (Gman), tank (Gman), bonus damage to tusoteuthis (Gman), spawns in ship graveyard, spawns deep (Me), swallows humans and small to medium creatures whole (Me), boss creature (Shadow), can eat rafts; motorboats; and small creatures, and spawns near the waters surface.

Cryptoclidus (Gman): Found in shallower water; on little sandbar islands; and in early game cave entrances, feeds on fish, fairly early tame, and a refrigerator (Gman).

Anomalocaris (Gman): shoulder pet, gives extended oxygen, passive tame (Gman), converts stone into metal/coral, can detect creatures in a large radius (Me), harvests chitin and pearls from invertebrate creatures.

Helicoprion (Gman): gathers prime meat and prime fish meat (Gman).

Archelon: Immune to all stun except tusoteuthis grab, tank, slow, fast bursts of speed, biotoxin gatherer (Gman), healer (Shadow), gathers metal; coral; and wood,

Cameroceras (Gman): Camouflage (Gman).

Acrophyseter (Gman): Passive tame and get a stackable pack bonus to speed and damage resistance (Gman).

Moeritherium (Gman): Found in shallows and sandbars, semi-aquatic, and gathers underwater plants (Gman).

Henodus (Gman): Gathers underwater plants like moschops (Gman).

Giant Boxer Crab (Gman): Has two huge sea anemones that can be used to heal the rider and nearby players/creatures (Gman).

Water wyvern (Pat): Legless serpent, steam attack that partially ignores armor on mounts, can go on land, but drains water stat, warns about weather (Pat), spawns in an area with vents and volcanos that you need a mask to survive in (Kod), can swim and fly, poison barbed tail that deals torpor, sonic blast attack that stuns players and mounts (Shadow) and knocks them off their mounts (only usable underwater) , hot water attack that ignores some armor and increases temperature, spawns in toxic lake (Shadow).

Viperfish (Pat): Charging sprint, damage increases with speed, and bleed effect with greater duration based on speed (Pat)

Gulper Eel (Pat): Engulfs players and small to medium sized mounts, and slowly digests swallowed creatures which inflicts damage over time and regenerates health (Pat).

Hippocampus (Gman): Berry gatherer (Gman), tamed like equus, and is a crafting station mount (Shadow). 

Ophiotaurus (Gman): Berry gatherer (Gman).

Aquatic Anole (dragon): Blows bubbles to help you breathe and a shoulder pet (dragon).

Crassigyrinus (Me): Fast, small, early game, detect creatures in the dark, and nocturnal boost (Me).

Gerrothorax (Me): Burrows under the ground and can suck people and small creatures into its mouth (Me).

Platyhystrix (Me): An aquatic dimetrodon (Me) that spawns in underwater bubbles and the swamp (james).

Giant clam (Kod): Creates black pearls over time and harvestable (Kod).

Parrot fish (Kod): Gathers coral and berries (Kod).

Sea drakes (Shadow): Amphibious version of rock drakes, spawn in mountainous areas  (Shadow).

Desmatosuchus (Shadow): Early game herbivore (Shadow).

Postasuchus (Shadow): Early game carnivore (Shadow).

Xiphactinus (Shadow): Early game carnivore (Shadow).

Stingray (Shadow): Taming mount (Shadow).

Aigialosaurus (Shadow): Helps breathe underwater (Shadow).

Atopodentatus: Large, mid-game, neutral, does considerate damage (Me), gathers berries and wood (Shadow), and fast (Me).

Eurhinodelphis: Fast moving, early to mid game, uses its long upper jaw to impale creatures, can carry small to medium creatures for a few seconds and deals damage, and your own mounts would not fall off the jaw (Me).

Odobenocetops: Early game carnivore that attacks by swinging its large tusks attached to its head (Me).

Demostylus: Spawns in shallows and gathers berries (Me).

Dallasaurus: Tiny mosasaur shoulder pet (Me).

Steller's sea cow: Spawns on starting islands, can partially submerge, and plant gatherer (Me).

Thalassoleon: Lives on icy islands, mid game carnivore, and provides warmth to nearby creatures and players (Me).

Mud dragons (Shadow): Tiny, semi-aquatic, and act like deathworms (Shadow).

Temnodontosaurus (Shadow): Larger and deeper spawning icthyosaurus (Shadow).

Ophiderpeton (Shadow): Aquatic titanboa that has a constricting attack (Shadow).

Nothosaurus (Shadow): Amphibious plesiosaur with webbed feet (Shadow).

Hatzegopteryx (Shadow): Smaller more aggressive quetz that has a dive bomb attack (Shadow).

Aquiticus (Kazt): Amphibious monkey, holds oxygen in a pouch, and a shoulder mount (Kazt).

(Unnamed) (Kazt): Cockroach creature, moves at extreme speed above the water, weak and vulnerable in water, and can have a single seat saddle or a 3 person one (Kazt).

Borealis (Kazt): Giant crab, lasts for 12-24 hours after taming, no saddle, can build on back, and can only survive out of water for 30 min (Kazt).

Dakosaurus (Kazt): Collect egg from a trench, feed babies dako salt from male dakos, saddle and tek saddle, and gets movement speed increase when moving in a single direction (Kazt).

Mantis shrimp (Kod): Acts like an underwater mantis (Kod).

(Unnamed) (Kod): See-through fish, expands to rise up and as defense, and early to mid game oxygen mask (Kod).

Sting Ray (Kod): Stuns and knocks people out (Kod).

Tell me if I missed something or you think I should change something.

Edited by BecomingMegapithicus

8 minutes ago, BecomingMegapithicus said:

You probably think this is obvious, but not all of these are going to be 100% perfect ideas, so don't try to add everything. I'm not saying you will, just need to make sure.

Levyatan: Hostile to tusoteuthis and defensive to everything else, multi-seater saddle, tank, bonus damage to tusoteuthis, spawns in ship graveyard, spawns deep, swallows humans and small to medium creatures whole, boss creature, can eat rafts; motorboats; and small creatures, spawns near the waters surface,

Cryptoclidus: Found in shallower water; on little sandbar islands; and in early game cave entrances, feeds on fish, fairly early tame, and a refrigerator.

Anomalocaris: shoulder pet, gives extended oxygen, passive tame, converts stone into metal/coral, can detect creatures in a large radius, harvests chitin and pearls from invertebrate creatures.

Helicoprion: gathers prime meat and prime fish meat.

Archelon: Immune to all stun except tusoteuthis grab, tank, slow, fast bursts of speed, biotoxin gatherer, healer, gathers metal; coral; and wood,

Cameroceras: Camouflage

Acrophyseter: Passive tame and get a stackable pack bonus to speed and damage resistance.

Moeritherium: Found in shallows and sandbars, semi-aquatic, and gathers underwater plants.

Henodus: Gathers underwater plants like moschops.

Giant Boxer Crab: Has two huge sea anemones that can be used to heal the rider and nearby players/creatures.

Water wyvern: Legless serpent, steam attack that partially ignores armor on mounts, can go on land, but drains water stat, warns about weather, spawns in an area with vents and volcanos that you need a mask to survive in, can swim and fly, poison barbed tail that deals torpor, sonic blast attack that stuns players and mounts and knocks them off their mounts (only usable underwater), hot water attack that ignores some armor and increases temperature, spawns in toxic lake

Viperfish: Charging sprint, damage increases with speed, and bleed effect with greater duration based on speed.

Hippocampus: Berry gatherer, tamed like equus, and is a crafting station mount. 

Ophiotaurus: Berry gatherer.

Aquatic Anole: Blows bubbles to help you breathe and a shoulder pet.

Crassigyrinus: Fast, small, early game, detect creatures in the dark, and nocturnal boost.

Gerrothorax: Burrows under the ground and can suck people and small creatures into its mouth.

Platyhystrix: An aquatic dimetrodon that spawns in underwater bubbles and the swamp.

Giant clam: Creates black pearls over time.

Parrot fish: Gathers coral and berries.

Sea drakes: Amphibious version of rock drakes, spawn in mountainous areas

Desmatosuchus: Early game herbivore.

Postasuchus: Early game carnivore.

Xiphactinus: Early game carnivore.

Stingray: Taming mount.

Aigialosaurus: Helps breathe underwater.

Atopodentatus: Large, mid-game, neutral, does considerate damage, gathers berries and wood, and fast.

Eurhinodelphis: Fast moving, early to mid game, uses its long upper jaw to impale creatures, can carry small to medium creatures for a few seconds and deals damage, and your own mounts would not fall off the jaw.

Odobenocetops: Early game carnivore that attacks by swinging its large tusks attached to its head.

Demostylus: Spawns in shallows and gathers berries.

Dallasaurus: Tiny mosasaur shoulder pet.

Steller's sea cow: Spawns on starting islands, can partially submerge, and plant gatherer.

Thalassoleon: Lives on icy islands, mid game carnivore, and provides warmth to nearby creatures and players.

Mud dragons: Tiny, semi-aquatic, and act like deathworms.

Temnodontosaurus: Larger and deeper spawning icthyosaurus.

Ophiderpeton: Aquatic titanboa that has a constricting attack.

Nothosaurus: Amphibious plesiosaur with webbed feet.

Hatzegopteryx: Smaller more aggressive quetz that has a dive bomb attack.

Aquiticus: Amphibious monkey, holds oxygen in a pouch, and a shoulder mount.

(Unnamed): Cockroach creature, moves at extreme speed above the water, weak and vulnerable in water, and can have a single seat saddle or a 3 person one.

Borealis: Giant crab, lasts for 12-24 hours after taming, no saddle, can build on back, and can only survive out of water for 30 min.

Dakosaurus: Collect egg from a trench, feed babies dako salt from male dakos, saddle and tek saddle, and gets movement speed increase when moving in a single direction.

love them all.

.with levyathin you first said it lives in the deep ocean than said lives near surface. also there should be a tameable version and a boss version lik with spider and monkey

. remember you can make up creatures they dont have to hve existed to be ideas for instance my idea for and early game oxygen pet was a pufferfish that held oxygen and you wore it like a helmet. it would not be poisoness and it would be see through.

. for the wyvern the barb might be too much the scalding breath and sonic boom instead of picking up if fine.

. i had an idea for a giant mantis shrimp and i think someone else also though of it as a harvester and possibly a battle mount

. my  friend had an idea for giant clams that were harrvestable but i orriginally though about a giant clam that could produce pearls and black pearls

.just incase the resource clam is favoured more think of a creature that can harvest the clams for more resources

.gerrothax would be a sea purlovia

4 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

with levyathin you first said it lives in the deep ocean than said lives near surface

4 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

there should be a tameable version and a boss version

I included ALL of the ideas from everyone, even if those ideas contradicted eachother. That’s one of the reasons I put the little part at the top.

7 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

remember you can make up creatures they dont have to hve existed to be ideas

A lot of the creatures in there were in fact completely made up (example: dakosaurus). 

8 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

for the wyvern the barb might be too much the scalding breath and sonic boom instead of picking up if fine.

The original idea was actually to have the sonic boom only in water and to lose range in water for scalding breath. Sorry, that’s probably not something I should’ve left out of my summarization.

I’ll work on adding the stuff you mentioned sometime tommorow probably.

i read the part about the sonic boom only being used i the water the scalding water and sonic boom is good the barb may be good for a ray or giant sea scorpion. also i did not realise yuo made up and named alot of those creatures. nice

i was thinking predtor X if u have heard of it could be like the sea giga.

also sorry bout the leviatin thing i was just confussed i think it should be deep sea and there should be a boos version and a tamable version.

4 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

so i made this forum for all people to give ideas for an oceanic map as me and my friend and possibly a few others are working on it and the creatures hoping wild card may notice it and add it into ark itself as it is a must have map. herw r the ideas i can remember off the top of my head.

.almost all water 90ish%

.under water caves as spawn areas with moon pool like places that lead to the ocean

. water based wyverns and drakes

. the wyvern trench would be an under water volcanoe surrounded by a circular trench with hexagonal colums, volcanic vents at the bottom that release toxic chemicals into the water so you must wear scuba gear.

. a ship grave yard where the levithin boss would spawn like in extinction. 

. oxygen pets that would supply oxygen to u

. new sea relate ditems like new boats, bigger rafts, diving bells, primitive diving gear hide based, new materials to replace others e.g wood, thatch, berries will be replaced with drift wood, bammboo or kelp, sea berries

. plant species w, a plant that allows you to breathe under water like gilly weed (harry potter and the goblet of fire)

. new creatures like the hippocampus and others

. element rocks like the oil nodes, leak element, can place tek element pumps to harvest them. giant clams that can bee collected for keratin and black pearls

and much more so for those who have been to the other forum please restate your ideas and new ones on this forum as me and my friend will be looking here for ideas and on the other forum but mainly here. new people r welcome to add ideas and art for the map creatures and even new ways to gather resources.

honestly something like aberration but under the sea would be great. items like a gate chamber that would be a room with two gates on each side that is flooded but de floods when you enter it and then a water pump that allows you to pump water out of structures would be dope

8 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

just incase the resource clam is favoured more think of a creature that can harvest the clams for more resources

The clam is an invertebrate so if it is favored as a resource more, than you could use Shadow's idea for the anomalocaris to harvest chitin and pearls from invertebrates.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BecomingMegapithicus said:

The clam is an invertebrate so if it is favored as a resource more, than you could use Shadow's idea for the anomalocaris to harvest chitin and pearls from invertebrates.

I'm starting to like this idea as anomalocaris as a harvester more and more.  It could be like the underwater equivalent to moschops where you can train it to harvest different types of resources like chitin, pearls, coral, stone, or even metal.

Posted (edited)

Wrote up a few dossiers for some creatures that I'd really like to see in the map:

Sea Wyvern

Wild
Like its close relatives in the desert, Draconis oceanum is a formidable foe.  Unlike its relatives, however, D. oceanum lives primarily in the deep oceans.  It is similar in shape to its desert dwelling relatives, though its tail is much more eel-like and it has a pair of flippers rather than legs, making it an extraordinarily good swimmer.  It is also capable of sustained flight in open air.  The only downfall seems to be its near inability to walk on land, due to the lack of any real legs.
It is much darker in color than its cousins, appearing in deep shades of blue, purple, or black.  It also has a row of bioluminescent spots running along each side of the dorsal fin and at the ends of four “whiskers” on its head, similar in fashion to the angler fish.  The exact purpose of these is unclear as it appears to be a voracious and active hunter, rather than an ambush predator like the angler.

Domesticated
D. oceanum is as deadly as it is versatile.  While in the water, it is able to emit a high-frequency sonic blast that stuns most other creatures, including survivors.  While on land or in flight, it switches to attacking with a superheated stream of seawater which seeps into foes’ armor.
While highly prized among warrior tribes, a beast such as this is not easy to obtain.  Like its relatives, it can only be tamed by stealing an egg from a nest, which just so happen to be located in extremely toxic underwater lakes.

Giant Cuttlefish

Wild
Sepia gigantes, or Giant Cuttlefish, are masters of disguise.  Though much larger than common cuttlefish, they still possess the unique ability to change appearance rapidly.  This ability is often used for camouflage.  It is also useful for confusing prey and predator alike, although domesticated animals are usually trained well enough to recognize the deception.
The Giant Cuttlefish is also capable of lashing out with its feeder tentacles, which are much longer than the others.  It can then grab prey and pull them in to chew on them or simply hold onto them.

Domesticated
S. gigantes is highly prized for its surprising ability to extend its camouflage over its saddle and rider.  This, combined with their ability to lash out and grab smaller creatures and survivors, makes them excellent guerilla mounts.
S. gigantes is also incredibly mobile, able to move equally well forwards and backwards, even strafing side to side.  Like its cousin, Tusotuethis, the Giant Cuttlefish can escape from bad situations with a quick jet of sticky black ink.

Sea Drake (I envision this creature as a passive tame using fish for best implementation of the taming mechanics below)

Wild
Though much smaller, Draconis praeceps is no less threatening than its cave dwelling cousin.  What it lacks in strength, it makes up for with speed and numbers.  D. praeceps is a pack creature, commonly seen in groups of three or four individuals.  It is amazingly fast at climbing and gliding among the steep cliffs where it nests and there is little hope of outrunning them on foot.  Even the water is not safe, as these creatures are just as quick in the water and can seemingly hold their breath indefinitely.
Fortunately, D. praeceps is not typically aggressive unless disturbed.  Or you happen to be a fish, of course.

Domesticated
While there does not appear to be any alpha, these creatures are incredibly loyal to their pack.  Often, when one is tamed, packmates will join the survivor as well.  Larger packs are more likely to splinter into multiple packs, with those not joining the tamed individual becoming fiercely aggressive to those who did.
Survivors who are lucky enough to survive this attack and win the loyalty of a pack will have earned themselves a formidable army of versatile mounts, whether making war or simply exploring.

Edited by ShadowMage016

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, BecomingMegapithicus said:

Levyatan: Hostile to tusoteuthis and defensive to everything else, multi-seater saddle, tank, bonus damage to tusoteuthis, spawns in ship graveyard, spawns deep, swallows humans and small to medium creatures whole, boss creature, can eat rafts; motorboats; and small creatures, spawns near the waters surface,

Cryptoclidus: Found in shallower water; on little sandbar islands; and in early game cave entrances, feeds on fish, fairly early tame, and a refrigerator.

Anomalocaris: shoulder pet, gives extended oxygen, passive tame, converts stone into metal/coral, can detect creatures in a large radius, harvests chitin and pearls from invertebrate creatures.

Helicoprion: gathers prime meat and prime fish meat.

Archelon: Immune to all stun except tusoteuthis grab, tank, slow, fast bursts of speed, biotoxin gatherer, healer, gathers metal; coral; and wood,

Cameroceras: Camouflage

Acrophyseter: Passive tame and get a stackable pack bonus to speed and damage resistance.

Moeritherium: Found in shallows and sandbars, semi-aquatic, and gathers underwater plants.

Henodus: Gathers underwater plants like moschops.

Giant Boxer Crab: Has two huge sea anemones that can be used to heal the rider and nearby players/creatures.

Water wyvern: Legless serpent, steam attack that partially ignores armor on mounts, can go on land, but drains water stat, warns about weather, spawns in an area with vents and volcanos that you need a mask to survive in, can swim and fly, poison barbed tail that deals torpor, sonic blast attack that stuns players and mounts and knocks them off their mounts (only usable underwater), hot water attack that ignores some armor and increases temperature, spawns in toxic lake

Viperfish: Charging sprint, damage increases with speed, and bleed effect with greater duration based on speed.

Hippocampus: Berry gatherer, tamed like equus, and is a crafting station mount. 

Ophiotaurus: Berry gatherer.

Aquatic Anole: Blows bubbles to help you breathe and a shoulder pet.

Crassigyrinus: Fast, small, early game, detect creatures in the dark, and nocturnal boost.

Gerrothorax: Burrows under the ground and can suck people and small creatures into its mouth.

Platyhystrix: An aquatic dimetrodon that spawns in underwater bubbles and the swamp.

Giant clam: Creates black pearls over time and harvestable.

Parrot fish: Gathers coral and berries.

Sea drakes: Amphibious version of rock drakes, spawn in mountainous areas

Desmatosuchus: Early game herbivore.

Postasuchus: Early game carnivore.

Xiphactinus: Early game carnivore.

Stingray: Taming mount.

Aigialosaurus: Helps breathe underwater.

Atopodentatus: Large, mid-game, neutral, does considerate damage, gathers berries and wood, and fast.

Eurhinodelphis: Fast moving, early to mid game, uses its long upper jaw to impale creatures, can carry small to medium creatures for a few seconds and deals damage, and your own mounts would not fall off the jaw.

Odobenocetops: Early game carnivore that attacks by swinging its large tusks attached to its head.

Demostylus: Spawns in shallows and gathers berries.

Dallasaurus: Tiny mosasaur shoulder pet.

Steller's sea cow: Spawns on starting islands, can partially submerge, and plant gatherer.

Thalassoleon: Lives on icy islands, mid game carnivore, and provides warmth to nearby creatures and players.

Mud dragons: Tiny, semi-aquatic, and act like deathworms.

Temnodontosaurus: Larger and deeper spawning icthyosaurus.

Ophiderpeton: Aquatic titanboa that has a constricting attack.

Nothosaurus: Amphibious plesiosaur with webbed feet.

Hatzegopteryx: Smaller more aggressive quetz that has a dive bomb attack.

Aquiticus: Amphibious monkey, holds oxygen in a pouch, and a shoulder mount.

(Unnamed): Cockroach creature, moves at extreme speed above the water, weak and vulnerable in water, and can have a single seat saddle or a 3 person one.

Borealis: Giant crab, lasts for 12-24 hours after taming, no saddle, can build on back, and can only survive out of water for 30 min.

Dakosaurus: Collect egg from a trench, feed babies dako salt from male dakos, saddle and tek saddle, and gets movement speed increase when moving in a single direction.

Mantis shrimp: Acts like an underwater mantis

(Unnamed): See-through fish, expands to rise up and as defense, and early to mid game oxygen mask.

Sting Ray: Stuns and knocks people out.

You missed the Platyhystrix and Placodus, other then that I love the list! I do agree we shouldn't add everything, maybe one or two creatures for the same role, except oxeygen.

I don't know about Platyhystrix yet, but Placodus would be good for harvestuing Coral and possibly Kelp.

Edited by jamescoolcrafter15

15 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

i read the part about the sonic boom only being used i the water the scalding water and sonic boom is good the barb may be good for a ray or giant sea scorpion. also i did not realise yuo made up and named alot of those creatures. nice

i was thinking predtor X if u have heard of it could be like the sea giga.

also sorry bout the leviatin thing i was just confussed i think it should be deep sea and there should be a boos version and a tamable version.

Actually, Predator X is (or was, as it's extinct) a Liopleurodon, a creature already in ARK. For this map, or all maps for that matter, I think it should either have a longer time you can have it for, or non-upgradable food like the Titanosaurus.

15 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

i was searching for creatures and i know what the sting ray will have

. an attack that can stun animals and players

. possibly knock out attack but i think that is for some kind of sea scorpion or a made up creature which i will work on.

We already have a creature exactlly like that, the Electrophorus. 

Btw, IMO if there's so many oxygen animals, Diplocaulus should have more oxygen capicity as it's basically a ridable re-breather.

7 hours ago, BecomingMegapithicus said:

I mentioned Placodus, maybe it would be like the Anomalocaris but better since it's ridable. If that's the case, it could harvest the clams since they are "giant" and Anomalocaris could stick to Trilobites and such.

7 hours ago, ShadowMage016 said:

Wrote up a few dossiers for some creatures that I'd really like to see in the map:

Sea Wyvern

Wild
Like its close relatives in the desert, Draconis oceanum is a formidable foe.  Unlike its relatives, however, D. oceanum lives primarily in the deep oceans.  It is similar in shape to its desert dwelling relatives, though its tail is much more eel-like and it has a pair of flippers rather than legs, making it an extraordinarily good swimmer.  It is also capable of sustained flight in open air.  The only downfall seems to be its near inability to walk on land, due to the lack of any real legs.
It is much darker in color than its cousins, appearing in deep shades of blue, purple, or black.  It also has a row of bioluminescent spots running along each side of the dorsal fin and at the ends of four “whiskers” on its head, similar in fashion to the angler fish.  The exact purpose of these is unclear as it appears to be a voracious and active hunter, rather than an ambush predator like the angler.

Domesticated
D. oceanum is as deadly as it is versatile.  While in the water, it is able to emit a high-frequency sonic blast that stuns most other creatures, including survivors.  While on land or in flight, it switches to attacking with a superheated stream of seawater which seeps into foes’ armor.
While highly prized among warrior tribes, a beast such as this is not easy to obtain.  Like its relatives, it can only be tamed by stealing an egg from a nest, which just so happen to be located in extremely toxic underwater lakes.

Giant Cuttlefish

Wild
Sepia gigantes, or Giant Cuttlefish, are masters of disguise.  Though much larger than common cuttlefish, they still possess the unique ability to change appearance rapidly.  This ability is often used for camouflage.  It is also useful for confusing prey and predator alike, although domesticated animals are usually trained well enough to recognize the deception.
The Giant Cuttlefish is also capable of lashing out with its feeder tentacles, which are much longer than the others.  It can then grab prey and pull them in to chew on them or simply hold onto them.

Domesticated
S. gigantes is highly prized for its surprising ability to extend its camouflage over its saddle and rider.  This, combined with their ability to lash out and grab smaller creatures and survivors, makes them excellent guerilla mounts.
S. gigantes is also incredibly mobile, able to move equally well forwards and backwards, even strafing side to side.  Like its cousin, Tusotuethis, the Giant Cuttlefish can escape from bad situations with a quick jet of sticky black ink.

Sea Drake (I envision this creature as a passive tame using fish for best implementation of the taming mechanics below)

Wild
Though much smaller, Draconis praeceps is no less threatening than its cave dwelling cousin.  What it lacks in strength, it makes up for with speed and numbers.  D. praeceps is a pack creature, commonly seen in groups of three or four individuals.  It is amazingly fast at climbing and gliding among the steep cliffs where it nests and there is little hope of outrunning them on foot.  Even the water is not safe, as these creatures are just as quick in the water and can seemingly hold their breath indefinitely.
Fortunately, D. praeceps is not typically aggressive unless disturbed.  Or you happen to be a fish, of course.

Domesticated
While there does not appear to be any alpha, these creatures are incredibly loyal to their pack.  Often, when one is tamed, packmates will join the survivor as well.  Larger packs are more likely to splinter into multiple packs, with those not joining the tamed individual becoming fiercely aggressive to those who did.
Survivors who are lucky enough to survive this attack and win the loyalty of a pack will have earned themselves a formidable army of versatile mounts, whether making war or simply exploring.

You forgot to write the Known Information section, other then that, you're a great writer! I hope there's a way to get custom Dossiers and Explorer Notes in the map...

You mentioned Giant Cuttle Fish and Common Cuttle Fish. I think Common Cuttle Fish, and maybe the normal ones, could spawn in a Cave Coral Reef, which the entrance to the cave found in the Abyss Ravine, which would be that huge crack in the middle of the map.

Posted (edited)

nice work i just woke up and wow. btw what does IMO stand for and were are the drawings i think mage said he posted. just wondering. my little brother just thought what if we added lost cargo through out the map or in the ship graveyard to get loot from like tools going up to asc. maybe not that good but still. you would need metal tools to harvest them. and an under water bioluminecent forset for cretures like the hippocampus and other mythical creatures. 

Edited by Kodking194

1.npc like islanders or atlanteans

2.more biomes like oil fields, coral reefs, open ocean, kelp forest, deepsee caves with creatures like glowing shoulder pets from aberration. And the dacosaurus trench,also the tidal flats

3. Whirlpools, hurricanes, underwater volcanic eruptions ,and changing tides in the tidal flats.

4. Resources cork wood , bamboo, coral smelted down into coral ingots, algae patches = w bush, kelp, aquatic fruits and veggies, hydrogen=congealed gas ball,

5.food items:coral polyps 10%of the time when mining coral basically some time of special taming food, sushi instead of normal foods, calamari, blubber= prime meat new types of eggs and kibble

6.crafting stations: sushi table super refinery,blender and tech bench.

7. Items: primitive flippers ,diving pump , blowgun, uses long darts, thermal pump. Sea carrier large submarine for transporting goods, bamboo structures just like wood,stone,etc sea vacuum, tranq rpg, squid grenade, moonpool , parts of the atlantean sets or islanders set.

8.creaturs: giant seahorse, helicorpion ,drowned creatures basically creatures that are corrupted from some type of item in the water, atlantean varieties of aquatic creatures, archelon, dragon fish , viperfish, giant crab = scorpion, salamander=diplocaulus, bacculite, ammonite, xphicantus, kronosaurus 

Currency can be drop from killing NPC’s which then you can buy items at the npc shops items that can be sold could be creature eggs. Another idea had was two ways to tame the archelon, so very rarely you’ll see an archelon get on shore and lay a fertilized egg so basically you can get a fully imprinted archelon by doing this but the archelon will attack if provoked or stolen from

9. Currency , using the blender you can blend blubber down into oil , maybe there could even be weapons and armour made of coral