Why WildCard is a Failure

BlackKing822

ARK overall is a Success, However the developers put next to No thought into the Balance of the game. Games especially ones like this have to have balance or else it costs the company future players and current customers.

Allowing players with bases, equipment, and Dino's far more powerful then your own is the Reason more and more players leave this game daily. To be Balanced means Stop Server Transfers. No more other maps Dino's allowed on other maps.

Offline protection needs to be mandatory all servers. YouTube players should get banned for exposing in game information without company permission and because it's bullying which in today's society is illegal.

If you transfer maps you should have to start a whole new character with No item transfers. Lastly wipe and resest All servers put everything equal again you can't release maps without resetting Everyone or the game becomes unbalanced and every one should have the chance to get big not just these bs megas who should be forced to remain on the server they created their base on.

Hopefully you fix things in ARK 2 because all you've shown me is Wildcard is Worthless, Lazy, Money Hungry assholes who had no business creating a game if they weren't going to put effort into it and try. (Cough) ATLAS the copy and Pasted rip off of ARK and All the wrong in ARK

1 hour ago, BlackKing822 said:

ARK overall is a Success, However the developers put next to No thought into the Balance of the game. Games especially ones like this have to have balance or else it costs the company future players and current customers.

Allowing players with bases, equipment, and Dino's far more powerful then your own is the Reason more and more players leave this game daily. To be Balanced means Stop Server Transfers. No more other maps Dino's allowed on other maps.

Offline protection needs to be mandatory all servers. YouTube players should get banned for exposing in game information without company permission and because it's bullying which in today's society is illegal.

If you transfer maps you should have to start a whole new character with No item transfers. Lastly wipe and resest All servers put everything equal again you can't release maps without resetting Everyone or the game becomes unbalanced and every one should have the chance to get big not just these bs megas who should be forced to remain on the server they created their base on.

Hopefully you fix things in ARK 2 because all you've shown me is Wildcard is Worthless, Lazy, Money Hungry assholes who had no business creating a game if they weren't going to put effort into it and try. (Cough) ATLAS the copy and Pasted rip off of ARK and All the wrong in ARK

Ark 2 is already out, its called Atlas....  You should look it up, check out the launch videos, reviews, etc. You are gonna LOVE IT! Really makes you appreciate the first Ark.

To be fair though, they had a great idea and turned out a very good game. It's rare a game this badly supported and administrated has the kinda following Ark has. So kudos to WC for pulling off what they did! They built the best race car in the world and then for some reason decided on the  def, mute, blind man approach to driving it.

2 hours ago, BlackKing822 said:

I Disagree, players with base, equipment and dino progression is the entire point of this game. Also I personally enjoy certain dinos and others feel very immersion breaking to me, I think a good middle ground would be a single cluster that allows limited transfer between it.

I don't understand why orp servers should be on ALL servers. I personally play on offline raid protection and have never had a problem getting on these types of servers. As it stands the option for both is there, so why force one playstyle that you believe to be better on others? 

In other words you want to remove server transfers completely and do a rollback. This Is the most reasonable request I've seen in your post so far. It will probably never happen, but still its the most reasonable. 

1 hour ago, Whipples said:

Avoid saying stupid pointless things like this if you want people to take your opinion seriously. And try to do more research for yourself on a company before you insult them.

Many of the things you mention pretty much sums up what Arkpocalypse servers are about. Thats the thing about ark, it gives you many options in terms of server types to play the way you want to. Some players wouldnt like the changes you mentioned if they were applied across the board. So my reccomendation to you is try out an Arkpocalypse server. Me and a buddy have been playing on one for about 3-4 wipes now and are loving it.

They get wiped every 30 days and that means characters are wiped dinos are wiped and the whole map is spawned in fresh and untouched every reset. They are on their own seperate server cluster, which means that yes a player can still upload a managmr to a ragnarok map however, they can only do this from another Arkpocalypse server map which also will get wiped at the same rate. in other words you cant get players who have spent 3 years farming dinos on a server who just comes by one day uploads his most OP stuff and then wipe everyone. Instead players have to grind on those maps to get those dinos and then upload them, and after 30 days all those uploaded tames on other Arkpocalypse servers get wiped like all the rest which means that tribe has to go out and start again like the rest of us on the next wipe. It is a lot better this way as it kind of evens out the playing field a lot.

Pretty much every player and dino you encounter while on an arkpocalypse server, while it might not be from your particular map they still started out  at the same time as everyone and will get wiped at 30 days like everyone and have to start again. Seems like you would really enjoy it. Not to mention the player pops on Arkpocalypse servers has been really high. Often the one I play on sits around 69/70 players online at peak times. If you interested in checking it out, the one I play on is "EU PVP Arkpocalypse4"

I don't know about WC being a failure.

Sure there are always areas needing improvement and the dev team has made a pretty good turn around since half left for Atlas.

Some would argue Jesse and Jeremy's vision were holding the team back from ARK reaching it's full potential. That being said, I want to give props to Chris for actually paying attention to people's posts about feedback and bugs on reddit. He's definitely someone I respect in that studio. Him and his team have done some good work the past few months.

Regardless though, WC is laughing all the way to the bank with a IP like no other available right now.

I would call that pretty f'n successful.

Archived