Tek upgrade

fbcoachjoa

8 hours ago, fbcoachjoa said:

Is it worth it to replace our metal base components with tek?

Depends on which components and whether you're PVE or PVPPVP, no.  PVE, I'd replace gates that you use and doors.  Other than that, don't worry about it unless you think you'll ever be off long enough that the auto decay will be an issue with metal but not with tek.

6 hours ago, iHartOvi8 said:

Depends on which components and whether you're PVE or PVPPVP, no.  PVE, I'd replace gates that you use and doors.  Other than that, don't worry about it unless you think you'll ever be off long enough that the auto decay will be an issue with metal but not with tek.

Tek Doors changed my ARK life

9 hours ago, d1nk said:

Tek Doors changed my ARK life

Man I didn't realize just how much I'd gotten used to them until I built a little stone shack on another map and then, after transferring over, ran up to the reinforced wooden door like four times thinking "DILO why isn't it opening?" lmfao

Edit: lmao it changed whiskey tango foxtrot to DILO

34 minutes ago, iHartOvi8 said:

Man I didn't realize just how much I'd gotten used to them until I built a little stone shack on another map and then, after transferring over, ran up to the reinforced wooden door like four times thinking "DILO why isn't it opening?" lmfao

Edit: lmao it changed whiskey tango foxtrot to DILO

Hah. I love the look of stone dinosaur gates the most. Id love to have a Tek Motion Sensor thingy to auto open them.

Forum censoring. Sometimes it can raptor you over ;)  (Yes, raptor is censored for other harsher words)

29 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Hah. I love the look of stone dinosaur gates the most. Id love to have a Tek Motion Sensor thingy to auto open them.

Forum censoring. Sometimes it can raptor you over ;)  (Yes, raptor is censored for other harsher words)

That'd be pretty neat, I do like the look of the stone gates.  I like tek a lot too though, just not a big fan of the metal.

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Try dying it as some colours can even remove the glare a bit. If I build in metal, I always dye it forest green. It may work wonders for small PvP bases in thick forest for a little bit of camo, anything to slow down the enemy.

Yeah I always immediately paint everything black and purple. They definitely do look much better when painted, but I’m still not a big fan of them. Especially compared to the look of tek and stone. I play PVE though so it’s not an issue, I just have my couple of tek behemoths and then gate the rest off with stone dinos. 

1 hour ago, Sikaflex said:

Sometimes I take a vacation longer than metal, so I just switched to Tek. 

Tek is great from my experience, and if you like to breed the tek generator + trough is awesome, who needs a fridge and gasoline for a generator.

And yes as another poster added, the gates/doors will change your life.

Between the tek doors and the tek troughs, life is good.

Archived