Forum rules against gameplay videos showing cheaters? Clarification please.

Whipples

I just saw a post of a gameplay video that was quickly taken down. The person who posted it complained and that too was taken down. I have no knowledge about it or anyone involved, so I have no horse in this race. Just looking for clarification.

The mod invincible something said "Reports against players must be done privately via support tickets. Naming and shaming others publicly on the forums is not allowed. If you have an issue with the moderation, you must also submit a ticket routed to "Forum Related" as moderation is also not discussed publicly on the forums. Thanks!"

I saw the video before it was taken down and it seemed fine. It just showed people clearly meshing and seeming to abuse offline raid protection. I think tribe names could be seen in the video, but I've seen that in lots and lots of other videos.

Can someone please clarify the forum rules on what constitutes "shaming"? Is this a case where normal raid videos and screen shots showing names are okay, unless they show someone cheating. In which case the cheaters get extra protections to hide what they do?

I looked at the forum rules several times and am just looking for clarification. If you could please put the answer in the inevitable warning I am going to receive I would appreciate it. Thanks!

• Volunteer Moderator

1. Respect each other. Detrimental behavior such as flaming and derogatory/personalized harassment (outlined further below under 'Warnings') will not be tolerated.

Remember, accusations can go both ways; and I have seen that happen.  Basically those type of posts either turn into a pile-on or, if the other party learns to accusations against them, a fight of 'we said/they said'.   So, the protection goes both ways.

The proper action to take is to open a support ticket and submit any evidence you have collected.   Being that there can be multiple sides to a situation, it will have to be investigated.

I understand how someone might want instant justice because they believe they have been harmed by someone else.  However, imagine if someone had 'evidence' of you doing something wrong and you were wiped or banned with no review or investigation.

The forum moderators are volunteers who help with the forums; that is our priority.  We do not decide the validity of any accusations made by one player against another player.   We remove such items and issue a notice to instruct you on the proper action(s) to take.  

Archived