Disconnecting due to Ark: Losing your Dinos. Flyer edition.

P8triot04

Hello Fellow Readers,

Recently Ark seems to be having server issues, nothing new there. Randomly my tribe members and I get disconnected. However this seems to happen whenever we are flying. Example 1: Flying Argie to get a drop, become disconnected due to ark server issue who knows why, get back on to the argie dying from a group of compys. What can my tribe do? We have lost 5 fliers due to this, and now we fly in packs. However most recently two of us disconnected at once, and we still managed to lose two birds. Is there a solution to this problem? Players we can defend from, wild dinos sure, but being kicked off and your flyer flys to the ground for whatever dumb reason to die, sucks. Help lol. 

Problem with flying on neutral, flying on passive makes it easier to jump back on tame when knocked off for whatever reason, neutral the flyer goes in crazy fast circles, unable to ride again fast enough, and died. Another Solution? (Dev's won't help, attempted ticket).

34 minutes ago, P8triot04 said:

Hello Fellow Readers,

Recently Ark seems to be having server issues, nothing new there. Randomly my tribe members and I get disconnected. However this seems to happen whenever we are flying. Example 1: Flying Argie to get a drop, become disconnected due to ark server issue who knows why, get back on to the argie dying from a group of compys. What can my tribe do? We have lost 5 fliers due to this, and now we fly in packs. However most recently two of us disconnected at once, and we still managed to lose two birds. Is there a solution to this problem? Players we can defend from, wild dinos sure, but being kicked off and your flyer flys to the ground for whatever dumb reason to die, sucks. Help lol. 

Problem with flying on neutral, flying on passive makes it easier to jump back on tame when knocked off for whatever reason, neutral the flyer goes in crazy fast circles, unable to ride again fast enough, and died. Another Solution? (Dev's won't help, attempted ticket).

Only thing I could think to suggest is to set them to Passive Flee. Sure it makes it difficult to mount, but at least they will fly away and not die to hostiles.

On 3/19/2019 at 3:36 PM, P8triot04 said:

Hello Fellow Readers,

Probably the best-advice that anyone can give (it was passed to me) take your time in all recovery operations, the game revolves around the players awareness. This means that while a region is not rendered the region is not processing. If the region is not processing then your argent is perfectly fine and you have time to grab craft up a few-torches. Torches--- the burn damage is actually semi-op (for its class). They are pretty-effective weapons up until your at 300% melee or you have a metal sword. A successful recovery is all in prep. Preferably before-hand but while dealing with the matter the game does not see it as a problem to have 'time-outs' to prep.

As leader of a tribe -- learn to call 'time-out' over an issue -- meaning that its perfectly fine; nobody is near it. lets get our crap together and then go get it.

4 minutes ago, ravenispurrty said:

Probably the best-advice that anyone can give (it was passed to me) take your time in all recovery operations, the game revolves around the players awareness. This means that while a region is not rendered the region is not processing. If the region is not processing then your argent is perfectly fine and you have time to grab craft up a few-torches. Torches--- the burn damage is actually semi-op (for its class). They are pretty-effective weapons up until your at 300% melee or you have a metal sword. A successful recovery is all in prep. Preferably before-hand but while dealing with the matter the game does not see it as a problem to have 'time-outs' to prep.

As leader of a tribe -- learn to call 'time-out' over an issue -- meaning that its perfectly fine; nobody is near it. lets get our crap together and then go get it.

I am not sure I understand what you mean, are you saying watch out for rendering not being complete, and craft some torches while you wait? Weapons are not the problem, going offline because of a disconnect is, unfortunately, therefore my tame is left alone in the wilderness, slowly falling down (from flying) from the safe skys. Oh and typically my lifeless body that flopped to the floor, gets it's armor broken and eaten by some evil dino nearby.

13 minutes ago, P8triot04 said:

I am not sure I understand what you mean, are you saying watch out for rendering not being complete, and craft some torches while you wait? Weapons are not the problem, going offline because of a disconnect is, unfortunately, therefore my tame is left alone in the wilderness, slowly falling down (from flying) from the safe skys. Oh and typically my lifeless body that flopped to the floor, gets it's armor broken and eaten by some evil dino nearby.

Most of the time-- unless there is another player in the vicinity-- it immediately goes into a status kind of like stasis. You can play with it by going to the top of a tower on extinction and then throwing a rex off the roof. As soon as it leaves render it stops falling. Reason: Its 'dead-space' to your processor. Use that to your advantage.

When you get logged/dc'd here are some misconceptions that--if corrected could determine/create phenomenal responses:

• Processing Occurs While In Render - Nothing Processes Out Of Render
  • Creatures don't start falling out of the sky till someones computer tells it to start falling by loading it into the RAM.
  • Spawn Logic occurs immediately after rendering an area, does not re-occur near you, does not re-occur near foundations that are close to you. Near you is not very-far according to the game. So-one good fight is all it should take to save most tames in most cases. You can fight at your time... don't let the game "trick" you.

And everyone else-- yeah-- they are correct here. because they are correct here I just gave the 'I just got arked! what do I do!' as opposed to prevention. Prevent but know how to mitigate and what your rights are as an end-user. Nobody-- not even a dev... can tell you where to be, when to be there, and how your going to show up. You make those choices. So its more like ___+of+a+_____ as opposed to an oh sh__ moment....

You get-good at that--real good at that-- you can use render to trick turrets.... turn it up on recon and turn it down in raid...

36 minutes ago, P8triot04 said:

So the illusion your experiencing goes more like this (this is what your computer experiences)

1. Disconnect
  2. Connect
  3. Load Area
  4. (You Move) Buffer Objects Not Rendered (VRAM)
  5. Render the Objects Into View (GPU vs. CPU) <-- You start seeing things here
  6. For Each Object Rendered Register the Object Into Memory <-- Feels Seemless, Doesn't it?
  7. Process The Object With The Processor <-- Showtime... You have control of that as a client.

Archived