Meshing

DavidLodge

As mesh wars continue to run rampant on Xbox Official servers when will the real ark developers step up to the plate and address this issue that is killing the PVP aspect of the game? The apparent “GMs” Of The Xbox ark team are extremely biased and non-trustworthy, often allowing meshing to happen. The team needs to step up and install new counter measures. Killzones galore and get rid of the items that enable meshing (Chairs, benches, climbing picks, zip lines ect.) I don’t care if a tames falls through the mesh and instantly dies. I’d rather that happen then my base get utterly shafted by some loser who meshes and uses climbing picks and c4 to destroy everything. 

Meshing on PC is a huge issue as well. Right now someone on my server is being meshed by a player with no player name. You can make a ticket and if you can record send that as well but by the time there is a response your base is long gone and the mesher is gone. You get nothing back, you cant defend because they cant be hit and c4 is under your base destroying everything, your turrets cant help. A tribe recently went into the mesh to stop the mesher and they were dev wiped for trying to protect themselves but the mesher reported THEM. Either there has to be an instant report/reply for these types of things or nothing should be able to live inside the mesh period.

How can we play a war game where many can get away with cheating in ways good people can not defend themselves and accountibility is limited to a very small window of catch them, get enough information about them to report, loose all you have and hope the ticket will be seen and thought to have enough info to stop the cheater.

People mesh because they can do it and because it is very unlikely they will be caught or punished.

On 3/19/2019 at 4:48 PM, Moon78 said:

Meshing on PC is a huge issue as well. Right now someone on my server is being meshed by a player with no player name. You can make a ticket and if you can record send that as well but by the time there is a response your base is long gone and the mesher is gone. You get nothing back, you cant defend because they cant be hit and c4 is under your base destroying everything, your turrets cant help. A tribe recently went into the mesh to stop the mesher and they were dev wiped for trying to protect themselves but the mesher reported THEM. Either there has to be an instant report/reply for these types of things or nothing should be able to live inside the mesh period.

How can we play a war game where many can get away with cheating in ways good people can not defend themselves and accountibility is limited to a very small window of catch them, get enough information about them to report, loose all you have and hope the ticket will be seen and thought to have enough info to stop the cheater.

People mesh because they can do it and because it is very unlikely they will be caught or punished.

Exactly and here on console the ark GMs are corrupt and allow meshing and also have tribes in their pockets. Sick stuff. 

I am really confused as to why so many of the stories I have heard end up with the meshers getting away with not even a slap on the wrist while the players getting meshed are often punished for defending themselves under the mesh. How is it that WC and admins are so quick to catch legit players defending themselves but when it comes to cheaters using offensive meshing they all of a sudden have the biggest butter fingers in the world and couldnt catch a cold if it was coughed right into their faces. It almost feels like WC are protecting these meshers and making examples of people who try to defend against them. 

Have you heard about the recent titan meshings , now titans are being  downloaded in mesh and swiping or mesh biting bases from underneath. How do we defend against the one thing we can not defend against. We can not go in and fight them, they get to freely wipe the base. Can we set up an on call for a dev to respond when an alert goes , hey Im getting meshed and bam catch em in the act ban account. At least cost the meshers a new purchase to try again? When I am attacked, I like that I can fight back. I like that I can then attack my enemy, but when mesh areas are big enough to fit 2 titans at once and all the tribes affected are just quitting ark, and everyone else has to watch till its their turn; what is the point to play?

Why return?

Why waste time and money on new maps when its just gonna get erased by a cheater in front of your eyes while you stare helpless only able to record and make a ticket that will be seen too late to give consequences to the cheater?

This past 2 weeks I have lost one friend tribe a day from many maps, all those players are now playing other games and I dont think they will return.

Now that it is confirmed this one dev wiped tribe will continue to titan download in mesh and we were lucky that a dev responded in time, this time; does anyone have ideas what can be done to protect from meshing?

We know they will be back, they have made new characters after every dev wipe so far?

Im not sure why they aren't banned...

And thank you anonymous developer god who was quick to respond ❤️

27 minutes ago, Moon78 said:

Now that it is confirmed this one dev wiped tribe will continue to titan download in mesh and we were lucky that a dev responded in time, this time; does anyone have ideas what can be done to protect from meshing?

We know they will be back, they have made new characters after every dev wipe so far?

Im not sure why they aren't banned...

And thank you anonymous developer god who was quick to respond ❤️

I’ve seen the titan mesh with my own eyes. WildCard has lost its ability to do anything. It’s sad really. Great game, crushed by devs who don’t want to take responsibility for their poor design. 

One idea i have is that since going out of barrier on extinction sides of map and sky burns you why cant that be how it is outside of the mesh period. Make it uninhabitable.

I would even accept more lag for kill walls everywhere if the barrier cant just engulf all of the proper play areas.

Or disable downloading of titans till prevention of them being downloaded in mesh is established.

Heres the issue: Since there needs "evidence" to be able to devwipe/ban the tribe, putting a mesh defense literally results in your tribe being wiped since your tribe practically breaks the rule by meshing things inside. On the other hand, the real culprit tribe that did the meshing raid gets away with it if the GM in question does not see the evidence as enough to truly ban the crud out of the tribe and their account (not survivor, the steam account) entirely out of all their server. Moreover, putting mesh defense is more than enough evidence for any offenders to just "report" and get the tribe wiped, which literally serves their purpose of wiping the base out clean without even lifting a finger on meshing.

tl;dr: If you think setting a meshed defence just to guard against any kind of mesher, well, you are making them win. There isn't any way to properly defend against meshers in a sense, PC or console, and people will always find a way to undermesh just to continue this form of exploit until the map is fully reworked on its meshing.

you can put stuff outside of the mesh, near the holes. recently we had a tribe 2 racer 1 golem yut etc try to push a mesh hole they were using and we spammed signs bear traps spikes and whatever we could to keep them out after 3 days of them being in there trying to rocket from underneath. No real way to know where all these holes are but the meshers know and once we saw them going in we knew what parts we needed to protect from the outside.

So our meshers are trying to extort c4 from us hahhahaha. I would really appreciate a full ark ban for repeated offenders.

This was day 3 and another desert titan came. They are not showing up every 6 hours like they said but more 1-2 times a day. This time they miraculously vanished without a word and i am hoping it was an ark admin catching and banning them from the game ❤️

It would be very nice after so many tribes have been wiped or severely hurt if this would end before more good ark lovers were soured from the game.

On 3/24/2019 at 3:14 AM, Vaculity said:

Heres the issue: Since there needs "evidence" to be able to devwipe/ban the tribe, putting a mesh defense literally results in your tribe being wiped since your tribe practically breaks the rule by meshing things inside. On the other hand, the real culprit tribe that did the meshing raid gets away with it if the GM in question does not see the evidence as enough to truly ban the crud out of the tribe and their account (not survivor, the steam account) entirely out of all their server. Moreover, putting mesh defense is more than enough evidence for any offenders to just "report" and get the tribe wiped, which literally serves their purpose of wiping the base out clean without even lifting a finger on meshing.

tl;dr: If you think setting a meshed defence just to guard against any kind of mesher, well, you are making them win. There isn't any way to properly defend against meshers in a sense, PC or console, and people will always find a way to undermesh just to continue this form of exploit until the map is fully reworked on its meshing.

The devs don’t even know what they want. 

I havent experienced this new alert system that contacts the devs when someone is in the mesh but I have high hopes this will help them catch the people who are doing this.

I know the last couple days many who were built in unintended areas were caught so the devs would have been quite busy with that but I think once those not necessarily intended to be meshing situations are cleared up they will be able to attend incidents of undermesh raiders quite quickly!

Thank you WC for continuing to work to find ways to stop cheaters.

Archived