Super Dinos Do I really need good saddles?

Bigzz

I am sure this has been asked many of times, but I am just not able to find a recent post with my stat dinos...

I have 10 rexes with 50k health and 1k melee, and 10 spinos with 30k health and 800# melee. I can add in a level 378 Yuty in if I need too.

But my question is can I kill beta with just prim saddles, and can I kill alpha with MC saddles 80 armor?

With those dinos and MC 80 saddles You **should** be just fine for alpha ape and alpha spider.  

I would not bother doing Dragon at all on the island with that setup, even with gamma Dragon you will likely lose some/all of those dinos. For Dragon you want herbivores loaded up with sweet veggie cakes. Theris work quite well, we've beaten alpha dragon several times using Theris that have 21K hp and ~1100-1200 dmg. But regardless of what herbivores you use, 21k hp is currently the magic health number to get the most healing from the cakes. until carnivores get an equivalent to sweet veggie cakes, they'll roast alive against the island Dragon.

Island dragon on your rex i would NOT do ( unless done like i explain) ..... you can solo alpha dragon on Island easily with 19 rex 60k hp 2.5k melee and all with 124+ addles and you riding a yuti !......

for your set up 80 armour saddles WILL work by doing the following

9 rex as you stated 80 saddles or higher
1 deer  150 wild perfect tame all points to hp again with a good saddle

9 players EACH having the following

2 high armour flak sets or   high armour riot
1-2 shot guns 250+ damage
500-600 rounds 
20 recipie food
10 recipie water
30 healing potions ( you can get away with 5-10 each but better with more  if your new to dragon)
5 Calien soup 

Deer rider can also have the above if it will still move fast !!!

Kill the dragon as follows

When dragon flying  keep close to rex and rex riders kill all dinos what attack !!!, keep main area clear for dragon to land ( thats a MUST !!!)..... KEEP EYE ON SKY FOR FIRE BALL FROM DRAGON DO NOT GET HIT !

when dragon lands

deer rider get under dragon as fast as you can by the front of its feet, the dragons agro will lock to you !!!! BUT the good news is you can NOT get hit !!! what you have done if your in front of it is stop it walking forwards to attack the rex riders !

rex riders do NOT  keep at front of the dragons head as fire will  damage you badly !

ok so rex to its sides OR rear.... dismount rex ( keep stood on saddle ) and shoot away at alpha dragon if  it takes off again re saddle and do as stated above... deer rider get protected by rex riders when dinos attack !!!

rinse and repeat... dragon easily killed ! :) 

80 armor isn't that bad, I was expecting you to be asking if primitive saddles are ok lol.  I went more melee and less HP on mine, but my saddles range from 90-111 with 40k HP and 1400 MD. Alpha Center and Alpha Ragnarok are both easy for me to solo so I'd imagine you would be fine depending what bosses you're trying to do although I'm not familiar with using spinos for bosses so I don't know what to think of your spinos.  You definitely want to use a yuty too. 

Anything involving the dragon I'd be a little more worried since your MD is low and the extra HP won't be much help...  I'd feel a little sketchy about Ragnarok and wouldn't trust doing Island dragon at all.

6 hours ago, iHartOvi8 said:

80 armor isn't that bad, I was expecting you to be asking if primitive saddles are ok lol.  I went more melee and less HP on mine, but my saddles range from 90-111 with 40k HP and 1400 MD. Alpha Center and Alpha Ragnarok are both easy for me to solo so I'd imagine you would be fine depending what bosses you're trying to do although I'm not familiar with using spinos for bosses so I don't know what to think of your spinos.  You definitely want to use a yuty too. 

Anything involving the dragon I'd be a little more worried since your MD is low and the extra HP won't be much help...  I'd feel a little sketchy about Ragnarok and wouldn't trust doing Island dragon at all.

These are the exact same stats as what we use and I can 'echo' that for Alpha Center and Rag, these work absolutely fine with a Yuty to boost.

Saddles from 90-124% armour are what we are using and no issues at all. Island however, I would suggest Theris instead.

Gonna add here that I definitely did misread your initial post, I thought you said that you can kill beta with prim saddles and were asking if you could kill alpha with mc 80 saddles... Now I see that you were asking if you could kill beta with prim.  So yeah wanted to make sure to point out that my last reply was based on thinking you said you could do beta with primitive saddles and going from there.  I don't have any experience with The Island bosses or with using spinos for bosses(I do plan on trying spinos at some point but it'll be a little, I've got some breeding to do before I try that) so hopefully someone with a better idea can chime in, I've just run The Center and Ragnarok a bunch with rexes, mostly solo.

For what it's worth though, The Center arena on beta is extremely easy with my rexes so personally I'd be a little surprised if that army couldn't handle it.  Of course whether or not you should take that gamble just depends how upset you'd be if you lost those dinos vs how bad you want to hurry up and get those engrams.

1 hour ago, iHartOvi8 said:

For what it's worth though, The Center arena on beta is extremely easy with my rexes so personally I'd be a little surprised if that army couldn't handle it.  Of course whether or not you should take that gamble just depends how upset you'd be if you lost those dinos vs how bad you want to hurry up and get those engrams.

I guess in this case it would be better to hatch some dinos as backup. So you dont have to wait so long until you got everything you need for the bosses.

9 hours ago, BlueberryJackal said:

I guess in this case it would be better to hatch some dinos as backup. So you dont have to wait so long until you got everything you need for the bosses.

Yeah ideal would be to buy some eggs for better rexes, preferably 19+ of them if you can get them for a good enough price so  you can knock out raising them all at once.  But I don't know if he's on official, single player, or unofficial.

9 hours ago, iHartOvi8 said:

Yeah ideal would be to buy some eggs for better rexes, preferably 19+ of them if you can get them for a good enough price so  you can knock out raising them all at once.  But I don't know if he's on official, single player, or unofficial.

Well, i have a good price for eggs. But what do you except when you are the only one on your server and selling the eggs to yourself.

Archived