Can a bred Giga beat a wild Giga

Andrewrayven

2 hours ago, LegacyBandits said:

Yes, it is very possible, usually the giga would definitely need higher stats than that of the wild one which will probably require a blood line.

Thats impossible. No giga line has 80k+ hp, I bet the best gigas arent over 45k hp imprinted (with how the giga stats work)

Saddle. Saddle helps a lot, but even a really good giga will take a lot of damage from a wild one, bleed effect. You basicslly have 100 seconds or less to beat any wild giga, regardless of stats.

Ive a tribemate with a 100% imprinted Giag, level 215 now (35k hp and 650% melee). He regularly wanders lava island and kills off wild Gigas, I believe the highest he taken is a lvl 90. He is using a 120% armour saddle. 

Above 90 I wouldnt risk it, Im sure he said he was left with only 3k HP. He has now worked on a new Giga line now so it will be interesting to see how that fares as he will go after a 100+ soon I know he will.

1 hour ago, nicknjo said:

a giga you have been breeding will easily kill a wild 150 lvl giga,  yes your giga may have 32k+ hp BUT its the melee thats massive ! i run 670ish melee % on mine ( maxed out in lvl's now)

Honestly i don’t know why people like land dinos so much. Compared to a wyvern or Manag they are SO SLOW. I always play on Ragnarok so the map size is also impossible to travel on. People always say they make good “base defense”. My 400% fab sniper on a griffin says otherwise. Then comes enrage.

Are they just for boss fights or meat? I’ve never progressed to the point of bosses so i wouldn’t know. I always hear Rexs and Gigas are being bred but I could never waste my time on something so clunky. Hit’n run, it’s how we won the revolution ;) 

But seriously though, what are their uses? I could just gather meat on my 650 melee wyvern and don’t see the practicality on land-only dinos.

It's not as dire as people make it.

I've killed a level 40 and 80 wild Giga with a non imprinted to me Giga that hatched with 230 melee and had a 106 armor saddle. It had about 440 melee at the time.

I've killed a level 140 wild Giga with a non imprinted to me Giga that hatched with 265 melee and a 123 armor saddle. It had about 500 melee at the time.

I've killed a wide range of wild Giga's with my 100 imprinted 295 melee hatch with a 123 armor saddle. Usually lose between 11 to 24k hp

I'd recommend nothing less than a 230 melee hatch and at least 83 percent imprint plus a 100+ saddle to kill a wild.

1 hour ago, MackTheKnife said:

Honestly i don’t know why people like land dinos so much. Compared to a wyvern or Manag they are SO SLOW. I always play on Ragnarok so the map size is also impossible to travel on. People always say they make good “base defense”. My 400% fab sniper on a griffin says otherwise. Then comes enrage.

Are they just for boss fights or meat? I’ve never progressed to the point of bosses so i wouldn’t know. I always hear Rexs and Gigas are being bred but I could never waste my time on something so clunky. Hit’n run, it’s how we won the revolution ;) 

But seriously though, what are their uses? I could just gather meat on my 650 melee wyvern and don’t see the practicality on land-only dinos.

Your 650 melee wyvern wouldnt collect even nearly as much meat as a 650 melee giga (or a 400..) Melee isnt universal across. There's base damage, harvest efficiency etc.

Gigas are the dispatchers. Kill wild gigas, titans, for PVP they would kill tames, high hp tames (soakers etc) and now enrage is basically non-existant. You cant brind Gigas to bosses. Before wyverns existed they were still kings. You cant solo a red OSD on a wyvern, Giga you could. 

For Ragnarok specifically, Giga isnt the best meat gatherer (as you stated, lots of land to traverse).but you wont walk a giga just anywhere.. you bring it to high density areas, bring it to the trench, murder snow etc. The Island giga is beast. Up and down rivers for mega meat runs without all the fuss of taking off, landing, trying to land, getting knocked off by raptors and all that. Just walk n chomp (you never run on a giga unless you NEED to cover short ground slightly quicker) 

13 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

Yes, Rexes are purely bred for Boss fights, but occasionally are useful for things like running the Lava Cave - cant use Wyvs in there.

Gigas are general meat gatherers, but on Ext are key to completing the OSDs - again, a Wyv gets ripped up on the higher tier drops. 

Land Dino's have their uses, as do flying Dino's - also, less chance of me losing a land Dino when mounted and the wonderful ARK gods decide to throw me out of the game, lag me into a lava flow or some such other delight. They are the main reasons I dont use flying dinos as much anymore.

On 3/19/2019 at 12:23 PM, d1nk said:

Thats impossible. No giga line has 80k+ hp, I bet the best gigas arent over 45k hp imprinted (with how the giga stats work)

Saddle. Saddle helps a lot, but even a really good giga will take a lot of damage from a wild one, bleed effect. You basicslly have 100 seconds or less to beat any wild giga, regardless of stats.

Haha, yeah extremely sorry. I forgot that the stats decrease dramatically between wild and bred gigas, regardless i do have friends who use Giga's to wipe the lower level ones so it is possible.

6 minutes ago, hud said:

Can u even solo a yellow drop with wyvern??? 

I didn’t mean to say Wyvs were the only thing i used, well hell maybe they are. Wyverns and Quetz are all i use with utility dinos :P I don’t see myself breeding any time soon, as i buy all my dinos. I honestly couldn’t put so much time and effort into something that will die to a passive killing mesher. I don’t understand how people can just “cope” and move on after something that devastating. It’d probably make me quit for a few months.

23 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

giga far more meat than wyvern when farming meat tbh as for rex boss fights tbh solo alpha dragon on island is sooooooo

easy

Archived