Rock Drake

Hedgehog

What I do, and it works very well: 

Pod 4 beast spinos with about 18k hp and rest melee.  If you have 425md 100% imprinted, that would do just fine.  Put 115+ saddles on if you can.  The better the saddle, the longer you can do this.   Ride a weight drake and bring a ton of meat with you.  Fly down into the first nest area you reach if you go down the path from blue along the spine.  It's across the river from the ribcage that goes straight down to the river.  Down below the nests is a nice little valley u can hang out in, let your spinos loose.  I wait 5min between each so there's no cryosickness.  After you have 2 out, you agro some drakes, if they hadn't already started agroing on your presence already.  If you have cleared the loose drakes in the area, u can fly to a nest then back to your spinos.  The drakes will go after the spinos if they see them first as they are chasing you.  Once you have all 4 out, the trick will be to watch for where the drakes are coming in from and you position yourself so they run into your spinos first.  Try not to get caught in the thick of it, always just run around and let the spinos do the work. 

I got 28 eggs last night in about 80min, and almost half that time I was just riding a spino while an ally caught up to me on raiding the nests.  ALl that meat is for the spinos, give them each a ton so you can heal them up in between runs if you see them hurting.  If your drake is hurting , turn off your lightpet and let your spinos clear some nameless, take the nameless venom and feed to your drake for 100hp  each.  Bring lots of full haz suits, water and food.  Drakes are worthless for meat, so that's why I bring down a bunch each time I go.

If you find a high lvl egg and your spinos dont kill any drakes of that level, then there's a chance that nest will spawn more of that egg.  We found some 190s last night and a nest pumped out 5 between us before my spinos finally killed them.

Archived