kibble What's The Point?

Sikaflex

16 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Embrace change - resistance is futile. I say, enjoy the Ark experience while you can, and accept that all things must change - the exception being the inevitability of change itself. 

From the perspective of the developers... at the end of the day its not about pleasing anyone - its business.. about making $$$$. Anyone that learns to accept that reality will be doing themselves a favor. 

I honestly do feel sorry for anyone who feels the need to announce their departure from a game because the developers aren't implementing their wishes. They are confused and delusional about their relative importance in the grand scheme of things.

I can almost-agree but we no longer live in the world where its pick and chose because nobody but microsoft can do what you really desire out of a video game. while confronted with these real-changes to the way that content production works people helplessly bicker because one person (who probably achieved what they had with everything short of a bachalers) wont do the work to bring their ideas to life for them. The reason why is because the only thing stopping cry-babies is a side of the ball-park that they aren't familiar with.

If you announce your departure from the game with a complaint about the game despite your 5k hours... and want nothing to do w/ how it inspired your views... because 'everyone else should make this for you' and 'you just can't' despite the SDK was released...... despite UE4-s blueprints.... 

I mean --- yeah -- accept change or don't accept change. if your going to cry about it then do something about it. Its not the 90's anymore. Some of the most solid studios had a reason to cry Y2K? Let me tell you-- the 'big' league is no longer major. That is how SWC made it.

Ride or Drive. Destination is Choice. Literally: the successor to ark (UE4) is just about design and go.... 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/22/2019 at 12:45 AM, iHartOvi8 said:

Taming is still there though, you just don't have to tame as many things that you don't actually want...  And I gotta disagree big time on breeding, even the 3x event feels way too easy for me to want that all the time.

you just don't have to tame as many things that you don't actually want. If you want something, then your gonna do it, your gonna get it, regardless. Coming from the axiological standpoint what was achieved is they removed the want for those things. Its no longer necessary to reach the end-game objectives. This notion is basically the notion that one did not want to play the game that badly....

Capture.thumb.PNG.68135ea0a1f5c990c5a28380cdb9bb75.PNG

Just now, ravenispurrty said:

you just don't have to tame as many things that you don't actually want. If you want something, then your gonna do it, your gonna get it, regardless. Coming from the axiological standpoint what was achieved is they removed the want for those things. Its no longer necessary to reach the end-game objectives.

Basically no one ever wanted 5 stegos, 5 scorpions, 5 pachyrhinos, 5 terror birds, etc. but you needed them.  So like I said, you just don't have to tame and maintain as many things that you don't actually want.

4 minutes ago, iHartOvi8 said:

Basically no one ever wanted 5 stegos, 5 scorpions, 5 pachyrhinos, 5 terror birds, etc. but you needed them.  So like I said, you just don't have to tame and maintain as many things that you don't actually want.

Coming from the axiological standpoint -- you can't need something that you don't want.

https://medium.com/swlh/you-either-dont-want-it-that-badly-or-you-want-it-too-much-157de462fe8a 

1 minute ago, iHartOvi8 said:

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh you are ridiculous.  No one wanted five scorpions, people wanted good rexes.  Wanting good rexes meant you need egg laying scorpions.

I'm not rediculous here, can't deny... I wanted to play the 6k hours that I played the game. was a long and challenging game. Otherwise--I would have left around 800 hours or so like many others.

16 minutes ago, iHartOvi8 said:

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh you are ridiculous.  No one wanted five scorpions, people wanted good rexes.  Wanting good rexes meant you need egg laying scorpions.

15 minutes ago, ravenispurrty said:

I'm not rediculous here, can't deny... I wanted to play the 6k hours that I played the game. was a long and challenging game. Otherwise--I would have left around 800 hours or so like many others.

On 3/22/2019 at 12:32 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

With you on the breeding. Breeding is just a huge time sink on official rates. People can defend it as much as they want but try explaining it to someone who doesn’t play Ark and you’ll soon realise how insane you sound.

(SYNAPSE) : It was an insanely hard game. I can agree with that.

You wanted those five scorpions to tame good Rexes. You wanted 30 Megalosuarus to tame good Theriz. You wanted x, for y, to do z. If you didn't want then these agendas would not have been fulfilled. Have you ever met someone dealing with nostalgia or something who simply wished that they wanted to play? It didn't work out for them did it?

Willing to do less and have more.... that's the patch.... Isn't 'will' the fun part of the game?

2 minutes ago, ravenispurrty said:

(SYNAPSE) : It was an insanely hard game.

As I've tried to explain about 20,000 times, there's a difference between hard/challenging and just overly tedious/time consuming.  Then of course there's the whole factor of trying to improve lag, crashing, etc.  The new kibble still requires taming egg layers in order to get the kibble for the creatures you want kibble tamed, it just cuts it down to categories instead of a separate egg laying species for every single(almost) species you want to tame.  If you play with others, it should help a lot with base sizes and the amount of dinos tamed and out at any given time.  If you play single player, it's still challenging without having to sink sooooooo much time in to so many separate sets of egg layers.

Like I already said, I absolutely disagree with those that say breeding is too time consuming.  Even on the 3x event, most babies don't need you to actually stay with them for more than 5-15 minutes before you can just leave them.  That is way too easy if you ask me.  Obviously plenty of people do want to play with settings that I would consider super easy mode and they do so on unofficial, but I think official is pretty much just right in that very powerful things that shouldn't come easy don't come easy.  However, this new kibble doesn't make those things come easy and the only reasons I can imagine someone not liking it are if either they're very bad at the game or they just are completely unwilling to accept change no matter how positive that change is.

You've gotta be really stubborn to not see how this is a positive and needed change, and how much of a waste it'd be for them to keep maintaining both systems especially for a game where modding is so popular whenever there's enough demand for something.  Judging by the amount of people that complain about this kibble system for some reason, I'd imagine they're right in thinking that someone will likely handle it through a mod allowing them to focus on more important things.

16 minutes ago, iHartOvi8 said:

As I've tried to explain about 20,000 times, there's a difference between hard/challenging and just overly tedious/time consuming.  Then of course there's the whole factor of trying to improve lag, crashing, etc.  The new kibble still requires taming egg layers in order to get the kibble for the creatures you want kibble tamed, it just cuts it down to categories instead of a separate egg laying species for every single(almost) species you want to tame.  If you play with others, it should help a lot with base sizes and the amount of dinos tamed and out at any given time.  If you play single player, it's still challenging without having to sink sooooooo much time in to so many separate sets of egg layers.

Like I already said, I absolutely disagree with those that say breeding is too time consuming.  Even on the 3x event, most babies don't need you to actually stay with them for more than 5-15 minutes before you can just leave them.  That is way too easy if you ask me.  Obviously plenty of people do want to play with settings that I would consider super easy mode and they do so on unofficial, but I think official is pretty much just right in that very powerful things that shouldn't come easy don't come easy.  However, this new kibble doesn't make those things come easy and the only reasons I can imagine someone not liking it are if either they're very bad at the game or they just are completely unwilling to accept change no matter how positive that change is.

You've gotta be really stubborn to not see how this is a positive and needed change, and how much of a waste it'd be for them to keep maintaining both systems especially for a game where modding is so popular whenever there's enough demand for something.  Judging by the amount of people that complain about this kibble system for some reason, I'd imagine they're right in thinking that someone will likely handle it through a mod allowing them to focus on more important things.

hard and challenging does not have to test patience and be time consuming but the x, for y, to do z.... that was where the difficulty was. your right in that regard. time-consuming... not hard. I alt+tabbed to visual studio during much of the 'waiting' process behind the play. That is what the previous kibble chain offered..... so yeah-that critic didn't address loss to sophistication.

I do wish they could have simply boosted game-time a tad... maybe 1-day every 15 minutes to imatate a constant 2x? I do and standby with the community in the regards that something had to be done. Was kibble-rework right? I think doing NOTHING would have been even more wrong.

On 3/21/2019 at 1:27 PM, Sikaflex said:

To kind of wrap this up, you all have made really great points.

I don't think I considered it a real waste of time to work my way up the tier to a specific type of kibble in order to tame a certain dinosaur. I thought it was challenging, however come to think of it, I never really did do this, I skipped ahead taming whatever creature I wanted with prime meat / mejoberries etc, but I did tame a bunch of those that would save me time taming certain creatures via the kibble made.

I do think the new system is better now that I read some of your posts and see your viewpoints.

I like the fact we don't need to have such a big farm and useless dinos for eggs.

These developers do know what they are doing and I am sure they thought about this much more than we have.

Good Day!

I wanted to share this, commented by Sikaflex and then bring forward that at the time of the post the kibble system was new and therefore subject to revision, alterations, and edit unlike some of the in-game content that has been around for a while. I'd be taming and breeding while you guys have an almost-free pass to get just about anything you could want. Ark launched/released to be a sandbox and more. Ark was to be hard and unforgiving. Ark has received rewards for that. I think we kinda experienced a what we should have vs. what we do have situation---

Kibbles should be assigned classes and a classification of a kibble should be good for tames (for example TherizinosaurusEggKibble Implements SupperiorKibble) while TherizinosaurusEggKibble could not tame a therizinosaurus and imprints still required specific kibbles as opposed to a classification of a kibble. It would have to be another kibble in that class that can be used to tame it efficiently. (bred and imprinted creatures still end-game). That would re-create the x, for y, to do z pattern for tames and then make breeding even harder-like it should be. It would make farms fewer but still needed.

We don't need a generic kibble-we need a classification for kibble, the classification focuses on tames. the specific kibbles focus on imprints.

All Bobs Deserve Dinos. All Alphas Deserve Boosted Dinos... Topology... Have to rely on A to get B in all taming situations... No change to ingredients from the legacy kibbles... 

--Opening a discord to discuss what the kibble system is and what it should be prior to making an implementation to publish it on steam and within the ark community. Like structures plus, mods are often thrown into the game.

https://discord.gg/UPhkpu you are invited to Ensignia. (Fresh Link)

Archived