PC or PS4

Kharneth

I bought this game for PS4 and absolutely love it. I'm going to buy the DLCs later after completing the island. 

I'm wondering if I should return the game and get it on PC because I imagine it's an all around better experience. 

Is there a compelling enough reason to switch from console to PC? If anyone has experience with playing on both systems I'd enjoy hearing specific things that make PC better and anything about PC that's worse. 

PC, Pros; awesome graphics capabilities, better control, MOD's... Con's: Expensive, biggest con for me would be PC gaming equals=cheaters... In the end all depends on how much budget you are willing to spend on a good PC gaming rig. Myself I went with a PS4 Pro with 1TB SSD drive, I use a keyboard on it for chatting and inputting admin commands.

Regards

7 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

Would you recommend this game for PC if the player was going to use a controller to play on PC? If the driving reason is the mouse/keyboard than I'm just not ready lol.

honestly yeah. im on xbox so this is just what ive heard, but pc has higher performance (usually), more options because of the frankly insane amount of mods, and looks better (i think?).

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 4:54 PM, MooseX said:

PC, Pros; awesome graphics capabilities, better control, MOD's... Con's: Expensive, biggest con for me would be PC gaming equals=cheaters... In the end all depends on how much budget you are willing to spend on a good PC gaming rig. Myself I went with a PS4 Pro with 1TB SSD drive, I use a keyboard on it for chatting and inputting admin commands.

Regards

I switched my hd to ssd and I realize it improves in many ways, but for ark not.

for the simple fact of being able to implement the hardware without doubt PC.
the consoles are great, and much cheaper, but it is still not possible to implement new processors or memory,
I have ps4 I have the additional cost of PSN to be able to play connected, I think in the PC does not have this additional cost.
other, now we have 8k tv, will my ps be compatible? 

I actually bought this game for ps4 and played pretty much since launch on ps4 (several big breaks in that time, but played a lot)

I actually just bought this for pc about 2 months ago, it is better on PC i only play official, so the lag spikes are virtually the same, no diff there, but i can actually fly over peoples bases and over the redwood forests now without stopping to wait for things to load and/or game crash

If you have a gaming pc already, i'd just buy ark for it next time its on sale, i bought it during a sale for like 20 bucks

Archived