Lag should be #1 priority to get fixed!!!!!

Cyclops

I've played ark a long and there has always been a certain degree of lag in the game, but it was manageable.    It has progressively gotten worse the last few months, and especially after the last homestead patch.   It's at the point where the game is UNPLAYABLE at times.  If I made a ticket for every time I lost dinos or gear due to server lag and random disconnects you would have to hire additional support staff.   This is not my system or connection, this is entirely an ark issue.

We had a bunch of new players to the game on our server, after an hour and the lag they wondered if they could get a refund.   I've never seen them on again.

Whatever else wildcard is working on... stop.  You should be putting all your resources to optimizing and fixing network and server issues.   The server lag and random disconnects are ruining the game and driving your player base away.

8 hours ago, Markdh31788 said:

Lol they can’t fix lag because as lag gets better ppl leave more dinos out or build more which negates the improvement. Ppl are happy with there lvl of lag they stop building WC reduces lag ppl build again and get to the same lvls of lag 

I must disagree on the lag this time around and here is why.

lately the lag is different.

Since the update there are huge chunks of lag and server disconnects and roll backs. It's not just " oh we will

fix this and people put out more crap."

NA 341 was *fine* minor lag when the server saved. nothing out of the ordinary a crash during maturation to be

expected etc. But now? a week ish after the horrid update and the lag is terrible, friends losing animals due to flying into the ocean.. flying megladons. I do have

a pic I'll have to dig it up, it's on my other computer.

my AB server -- log in farm metal.. server crashes.. rolls back to when I first got there. so 1 hour 45 minutes wasted.

My center server.. everyone is like (chat .. 1

( lagggg)

Rag

Se

it's everywhere and it's better than at release but far from where it should be.

And yes whenever it happens I fill out a server form, most of the people on my servers do, we are a good community.

So it's not just random lag because people have out too much stuff or dinos.

( I am adding this to the already open thread on the subject because I feel it is directly connected.

---------------------------------------------------------

I have reported this on the server outage page, however I wanted to post it here as well because I have visual proof that the server 

page would not let me upload.

My main server 341 has had issues since the update, this is the 2nd week-end that the bonus will go unused by most of us.

The rubber banding seemed better a day or so ago, but it's worse again. Also logging in today. I thought I was clicking my private server because

I was being asked for a password.

Now having been in technical game support, my first assumption was I needed to check and be sure I was clicking the right server

etc.

I did and I was still asked for a password.  I logged out.. restarted etc all of the basic steps.

I tried to log in again. The connection timed out. I was however able to log in on other servers.

About this time, the most obvious thing finally dawned on me.

My official NA server was LOCKED. why? no idea.

But is is locked on and off for awhile now and this means, I can't raise eggs or do anything meaningful because

I don't know when or if I can get back in.

(blocked my personal server name only on pic-- doesn't matter it can be seen in the vid)

I made a vid shortly after this to show the details.

341 locked2.png

***UPDATE** as of 11:33 PDT I am able to log in. Thank you so much! *crosses fingers it stays up***

21 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

The homestead update extra memory usage was enough to finally tip my home unofficial server over the edge. I’m forced at this point to wipe it prematurely instead of later in the year when I had hoped to do so.

You're not the only one. Several of my friends who play on larger unofficial servers have reported similar problems (severely increased memory overheads, I'm sure there's a ini line around the lines of AllowIntegratedSplusStructures=false or something like that).
Why can't WC focus on QUALITY (and general QoL improvements) rather than how much content they can spit out? I can't stand that kind of mentality where some prefer insane amounts of content on a buggy or poor quality game, (quantity over quality). But, for me being an ARK player since 2015, I'd rather take quality over quantity. Variety can be good, sure, so long as it's creative, my evidence being that WC has treated their already existing game for several years now, and it still has a lot of issues. They should focus on addressing issues in the game and optimizing it first, then they can add more content that is on the same level of quality as all the good, fixed stuff. That's something people should go saying instead of just whining something around the lines of, "Wildcard, fix your game!"
My overall point being, the game has a very excellent concept with loads of content for people to enjoy, the problem being the quality is sub-par with the devs usually taking a fair share of their sweet time to acknowledge the issues.
The Homestead update was a welcome change and quality of life improvement, sure, but only now is it worthy of OKAY, because on day one, it was a mess. Extinction was the same way. It was welcome for the content, but was a mess on day one.
When a game is shoved up to the price of 60 dollars, the devs should try to make it worthy of that price tag. Not just spitting out lots of content to keep us hooked. Yes, the new content is what keeps us fans enjoying the game. But they need to also focus on the issues affecting the game. It should be Bugfixes, and optimization first, content second.
I also heard WC's QA team is very small and woefully inadequate, I know this is offtopic, but they should hire me as a bugtester, because one thing I am very good at is suffering through bugs and glitches in games.

1 hour ago, Sativa420 said:

( I am adding this to the already open thread on the subject because I feel it is directly connected.

---------------------------------------------------------

I have reported this on the server outage page, however I wanted to post it here as well because I have visual proof that the server 

page would not let me upload.

My main server 341 has had issues since the update, this is the 2nd week-end that the bonus will go unused by most of us.

The rubber banding seemed better a day or so ago, but it's worse again. Also logging in today. I thought I was clicking my private server because

I was being asked for a password.

Now having been in technical game support, my first assumption was I needed to check and be sure I was clicking the right server

etc.

I did and I was still asked for a password.  I logged out.. restarted etc all of the basic steps.

I tried to log in again. The connection timed out. I was however able to log in on other servers.

About this time, the most obvious thing finally dawned on me.

My official NA server was LOCKED. why? no idea.

But is is locked on and off for awhile now and this means, I can't raise eggs or do anything meaningful because

I don't know when or if I can get back in.

(blocked my personal server name only on pic-- doesn't matter it can be seen in the vid)

***UPDATE** as of 11:33 PDT I am able to log in. Thank you so much! *crosses fingers it stays up***

Sativa, I don't know why it happens but I've seen this personally, with the locking of servers.  I just hit accept with the password field blank and it allowed me to join.  Not sure why but it worked in the past in that way, not that it would now.  Seems like your issue is fixed which is awesome, but maybe something to try in the future?  It MIGHT work?

Archived