Owls not dropping pellets unless someone is near them.

20GT

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, 20GT said:

My owld aren't dropping pellets when I'm not near them? Is that the nerf that is mentioned in owl production? 

It sucks because I have to log in and stay right there while they fill up the gachas. 

When you are not around, your creatures are in statis which means no logic is performed on them (for optimization purposes).

7 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Stasis which means no logic is performed on them (for optimization purposes).

Stasis has always been around. But things still happen to dinos. They starve, get attacked and my owls used to drop pellets, the last of which doesn't seem to happen any more. 

They said in the patch notes

"Set Owls to not 'poop' so frequently so they are a more rare resource" 

I suppose one way to accomplish this is to only have them drop pellets when someone is near, just seems a little much to me.

So now we have to babysit them just to fill our gachas? 

• Volunteer Moderator
25 minutes ago, 20GT said:

Stasis has always been around. But things still happen to dinos. They starve, get attacked and my owls used to drop pellets, the last of which doesn't seem to happen any more. 

That is not entirely correct. Dinos are not "starving", they accumulate a food debt. When they goes into stasis, they store a timestamp which is then used to calculate how much food it would have consumed and that is all applied when going out of stasis. This is why Deadon are regenerating their entire food when you feed them and re-render; their debt is calculated, and they eats all they can. Or that your babies starve as soon as you log in; their debt is calculated, they didn't have enough food and starved from it when going out of stasis.

Creatures doesn't get attacked when they are in stasis. This is the main purpose of stasis. Pausing their AI so that they don't use any resources. The game could simply not function properly if the thousands creatures across the entire map were constantly looking for targets, following them, targeting them, performing ray-tracing and AOE attacks, etc. Which includes pooping.

31 minutes ago, 20GT said:

They said in the patch notes

"Set Owls to not 'poop' so frequently so they are a more rare resource

I suppose one way to accomplish this is to only have them drop pellets when someone is near, just seems a little much to me.

So now we have to babysit them just to fill our gachas?

That update was 4 months ago: https://ark.gamepedia.com/286.103

4 minutes ago, 20GT said:

I used to be able to put my owls next to my gachas when they are empty and log off and they would have alot when I logged back in. Something has changed 

If other ppl are near your base it renders your tames as well and they’ll drop pellets. Likely what’s changed is knowbodys coming near your base now 

Archived