What Dinos attack Brontos ?

Drwally78

17 minutes ago, Drwally78 said:

So I just tamed a Bronto and are planning to make a platform saddle and go exploring. But I was just curious as to what Dinos will attack a Bronto without being attacked first? 

Giga, rex, spino(spino has a really small aggro range and prefers attacking fish), piranha, pego, ichthyornis, a thyla will attempt to dismount u, probably micros too, golem, wyvern, possibly direbear(Uncertain if it gets personal bubble anger on extra big dinos), the theriz will tho, death worm, possibly chalicos(Uncertain like bear), jellies, mantas, shark.  Anything willing to fight a spino or rex will fight a bronto.

5 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Giga, rex, spino(spino has a really small aggro range and prefers attacking fish), piranha, pego, ichthyornis, a thyla will attempt to dismount u, probably micros too, golem, wyvern, possibly direbear(Uncertain if it gets personal bubble anger on extra big dinos), the theriz will tho, death worm, possibly chalicos(Uncertain like bear), jellies, mantas, shark.  Anything willing to fight a spino or rex will fight a bronto.

Thanks! I didn’t think many things would attack it due to its size. I was going to build a watchtower so now I know what to look out for.

6 hours ago, Drwally78 said:

Thanks! I didn’t think many things would attack it due to its size. I was going to build a watchtower so now I know what to look out for.

No problem, i tested chalicos with my spino for u last night and they will aggro on large creatures that get to close.  That means bears will most likely and i forgot megatherium also get huffy bout their space.  Wolves attack mammoths so they might attack brontos, unsure.  Compys will attack anything too.

Anything is safer in large numbers.  Form a pack of Bronts on follow.  Stay away from gigga territory and probably swamp?  I'm assuming TheIslandMap.  A train of bronts looks impressive.  They protect each other well.  Dimorphodons protect anything good addition to train; because small will not get stuck on everything.  Unlike Pters; however I always travel with about 15 pter guards.  Just have to accept pters get stuck in every rock, tree, house, and get in the bronts' way of movement.   Dimorph's don't impede bront movement.   

Use "Attack My Target" for bronts. 

If you get male and fem you can collect eggs for the new kibble. 

Bronts are glitchy when downloading them from obolisk/supply - you MUST move the first bront out of the way before downloading consecutive ones or they DO get stuck in each others' mesh.  If bront gets mesh stuck put in a detailed support ticket.  I have always been answered and Wildcard unstucks them for me (official multiplayer pve).

23 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

No problem, i tested chalicos with my spino for u last night and they will aggro on large creatures that get to close.  That means bears will most likely and i forgot megatherium also get huffy bout their space.  Wolves attack mammoths so they might attack brontos, unsure.  Compys will attack anything too.

Maybe it's just on extinction, it's been a hot minute since i played on any other map, megatheriums only get aggressive when they are tweeking on bug flesh.

On 3/16/2019 at 8:35 PM, Drwally78 said:

So I just tamed a Bronto and are planning to make a platform saddle and go exploring. But I was just curious as to what Dinos will attack a Bronto without being attacked first? 

The definitive list is Rex, Giga, Spino, Allo, any aggressive water creature(Megalodon, Piranha, etc.), Yutyrannus, Therizinosaurus, Dire Bear, Chalicotherium, Bugzerker Megatherium, Gigantopithicus, Pegomastax, Compies(This is a maybe, I found them attacking my Rex once despite the fact I hadn't used him for three days so there's no way he could have hurt them), Leeches, Meganura(This is when they are by a dead body that you are also nearby), Thylas(Will pounce you off the Bronto) and Diplos(These are more of a nuisance than a threat). 

On the DLC's or if you are playing a modded map: Griffins, Wyverns, Rock Elementals, Rock Drakes, Deathworms, Vultures(By a corpse), Thorny Dragons, Reapers, Karkinos, any Corrupted Creature, and I think Managarmr(I'd have to check). 

1 hour ago, Kaprosuchus said:

Maybe it's just on extinction, it's been a hot minute since i played on any other map, megatheriums only get aggressive when they are tweeking on bug flesh.

They get super aggressive (and strong) when just exposed to a bug in the wild. They don't have to actually kill it (tamed ones do), just being near it will cause it to go agro. Even scorpions. Still best to avoid them in this situation though because they literally attack anything nearby when they're bug agro and they're very strong.

10 hours ago, Drwally78 said:

Also where do Giganotosaurus spawn on the island 

The mountains above the red woods.  This is the volcano(Grand hills), frozen tooth east of the volcano, whitesky which is where the blue ob is, the frozen maw which is the eastern frozen mountain, and fars peak un the northeast corner.  Fars peak seems to hav the best rate followed by frozen maw.

7 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

They get super aggressive (and strong) when just exposed to a bug in the wild. They don't have to actually kill it (tamed ones do), just being near it will cause it to go agro. Even scorpions. Still best to avoid them in this situation though because they literally attack anything nearby when they're bug agro and they're very strong.

And Mantids. Rip my first tamed mantis.:Jerbcry:

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Aronpanter said:

Hey I have a question for you guys because I couldn't be able to find it out myself.

If I try to tame a bronto(with a bow and tranq arrows) will the other bronto who is almost next to him attack me too? 

I am a starter so I can't really try it out myself! 

Yes, they attack in herds if close enough to each other.

If you encounter a giga nearby whilst on a bronto, your best bet is to dismount and shove that handy pokeball onto it;  as soon as you have your oversized tame nice and frozen, just cut and run in the other direction.

Your bronto won't 'ever' outrun that as it aggros other things and wanders ever closer. Assuming you die, then thats fine as that tame is still safe and sound inside the pokeball for you to recover later. No wasted investment.

One could also keep a bird in a ball quite handy so that they can take off after freezing their large, slow tame.

Archived