Dino Platform Use Ideas & Related Question

DeHammer

So I have a Bronto + Bronto platform, and also now a Quetzal + Quetzal platform. The plan eventually is to use the Quetzal + platform to tame rock elementals, etc that need canon head shots. I also want to build a mobile Quetzal trap now. I thought about using the Bronto as a mobile smelting base.

Then it occurred to me that we've been looking for a new way to slay wyverns before going in for eggs. Maybe a Bronto AA platform, full of Velonasaurs? Thoughts? Anyone tried this?

Question... I would test this game instead, but can't play at the moment... what happens when you build a base or other structure on a dino platform, then remove the platform from the dino? Does the structure remain as part of the platform? Or would it be destroyed as a wall might be destroyed when removing a foundation? 

Any other interesting applications for dino platforms in PVE

6 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

The plan eventually is to use the Quetzal + platform to tame rock elementals

Build a trap on the ground, one time cost and easier to shoot/aim.

6 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

Question... I would test this game instead, but can't play at the moment... what happens when you build a base or other structure on a dino platform, then remove the platform from the dino? Does the structure remain as part of the platform? Or would it be destroyed as a wall might be destroyed when removing a foundation? 

You cant remove the saddle when there are structures present. Thats why i posted above.

Outside of a quetz for mobile FOB (park outside caves) / large group transport I dont see much use anymore. Since argy can carry ankies and such now I use that, or a wyvern. I was told turret dinos no longer work on platforms. Cryopods kill the transport of single dinos need

It all depends on how you play, sometimes heading out for a long trip with a mobile paracer platform base is fun.

Edit: Thought of one. Long haul metal trips. Pump that quetz all weight, have two ankies (male and female) one your farming anky the other pure weight. The 2nd sits on platform and provides mateboost for more yield and a storage for transport. The metal reduction and 50% weight applied to the quetzal because on its back makes for a lot of metal. Bonus, throw a doed on aswell to bring back all the stone to grind / make into paste / build etc

Maybe I'm just a snob, but why do they have to be seperate? Use both argies and quetz at the same time. The carrying capacity of your metal farming trips isn't limited.

I disagree with the building a trap on the ground. Quetzals are so few, atleast on the island and center, that you'd have to bring a trap with you every time you went to hunt one. Make a 3 wide, 3 tall, 2 deep thatch doorframe trap on the quetz platform and KO them in the air. Never had a problem aiming. Goes with you. Thatch makes it a low cost rebuild if you need to tear it down to use platform for something else.

Archived