Tamed Giga Stats

DeHammer

At one point our tribe tamed a couple of Gigas around level 90. From that experience we learned about the tamed Giga 'nerfing' and got a good idea of which stats are a waste to level. 

So yesterday I tamed a level 145 Giga. Almost a solo tame, but another tribe member offered to help me KO it after I trapped it. I was fairly impressed at the difference the level made in stats, though of course all tamed Gigas are quite 'nerfed'. This one had 160% melee damage after taming, which seemed pretty good compared to the lower level Gigas we had tamed. It also had 18.2 K health at tame. 

After a day, the Giga has gained 20 levels, and is now 236. Melee damage is now 320%. That's getting close to around 1500 damage per chomp. I haven't bothered leveling any other stat. It feels like the right thing to just focus on getting melee damage as high as I can. I think that seems like a much better approach than trying to level up health directly as the health stat gains would be terrible. After all, the quicker you slay an enemy, the less damage you take.

I also found a Mastercraft saddle blueprint in a loot crate, and made the Giga a 92 armor saddle. 

A few questions though...

#1. Am I doing it right? Should I keep focusing on raising melee damage?

#2. Does a tamed Giga with super high melee damage have a chance against a wild Giga?

#3. I thought I read somewhere that Giga's ignore saddle armor in their damage calculations. Is that true and if so, does that mean my Giga's 92 armor saddle won't help it in a fight with another Giga?

#4. Some time ago I read that tamed Giga's lose 80% of their wild health and 80% of their melee damage at taming, which seems accurate. However, the melee damage is already presented as a percentage. So when they lose 80% does that mean they lose 80% of whatever their percentage used to be, or just knock 80 points off their melee damage percentage? Example... my Giga with 160% melee damage after taming. Was wild melee damage stat at 240% when it was wild, or was it at 640% when wild and then lost 80% of 640%? 

20190315171520_1.jpg

26 minutes ago, Luewen said:

The thing is that wild gigas bleed damage ignores armor and does 1% of targets max health per second. So if you have not killed the wild giga in 20 gnash debuffs your dino will be down.

And 'gnash debuff' refers to the wild Giga's attack? So within the time period of it attacking you 20 times? Or within 20 seconds of the bleed effect starting? Could you elaborate a bit more on this for me please? Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

And 'gnash debuff' refers to the wild Giga's attack? So within the time period of it attacking you 20 times? Or within 20 seconds of the bleed effect starting? Could you elaborate a bit more on this for me please? Thanks. 

100 seconds of gnash debuff on you, say it hits once every 3 seconds, just calculate. The saddle will help against the raw bite damage, yes but not the gnash.

Youre doing it right, the only way to effectivley raise a gigas HP is to breed and imprint. Gigas get huge boosts, iirc your gigas base HP imprinted 90+% would be 31-32k. Even after, level only melee, ever. Breeding alsonadds a potential +20% speed which is helpful, as you shouldnt really ever sprint on a giga. You walk and bite.

As far as the base melee goes, its pretty low. Official has huge mutated lines and its upwards of 500+ at birth. For unofficial that giga will serve you fine. Our gigas are only 210 melee at birth and solo red OSD, titans, gigas etc with 90 arm saddles. Good would be 250+, great 300+

25 minutes ago, d1nk said:

100 seconds of gnash debuff on you, say it hits once every 3 seconds, just calculate. The saddle will help against the raw bite damage, yes but not the gnash.

Youre doing it right, the only way to effectivley raise a gigas HP is to breed and imprint. Gigas get huge boosts, iirc your gigas base HP imprinted 90+% would be 31-32k. Even after, level only melee, ever. Breeding alsonadds a potential +20% speed which is helpful, as you shouldnt really ever sprint on a giga. You walk and bite.

As far as the base melee goes, its pretty low. Official has huge mutated lines and its upwards of 500+ at birth. For unofficial that giga will serve you fine. Our gigas are only 210 melee at birth and solo red OSD, titans, gigas etc with 90 arm saddles. Good would be 250+, great 300+

Thanks! That's where we're going eventually... Giga breeding. Actually we already have a line of breeding going with our earlier lvl 90 Gigas we tamed. Anothe tribe member is doing that, and we've learned a fair bit from the experience. But my personal goal is to start a new line with lvl 140-150 wild Gigas, taming out to 215+-ish. 

We had a lvl 150 female Giga trapped the other day but sadly everyone (except me) wanted to wait to tame her and she despawned. I won't wait again. She would have been a great mate to my male 145.

6 hours ago, FS7575 said:

Don’t try to 1v1 a wild giga with your tamed one. That’s asking to lose it. If you want to kill wild gigas use a good mate boosted pair of allos. You also get the bleed effect that way and you can dart in and out avoiding most giga attacks.

6 hours ago, AramGg said:

#2 don't try to kill a wild giga with a tamed one

Your giga will die because of th blood effect in combination with the damage from the bite

With a bred one or two (with saddles better than primitive) you can give it a try but definitely not with one tamed giga

Not quite right. You can kill wild giga with good melee tamed one. You have 100 seconds to kill it. Well, Less id you take normal damage on top. But let’s say you have Giga with 360 melee damage. That’s 1.6k damage per munch. You bite around once every second and half. In 30 seconds you have done more than half of wild gigas health as damage. Now add imprint bonus to that and it’s 30% more damage at highest. 

Then again there is always risks, so don’t munch on them unless you absolutely need to.

16 hours ago, DeHammer said:

At one point our tribe tamed a couple of Gigas around level 90. From that experience we learned about the tamed Giga 'nerfing' and got a good idea of which stats are a waste to level. 

So yesterday I tamed a level 145 Giga. Almost a solo tame, but another tribe member offered to help me KO it after I trapped it. I was fairly impressed at the difference the level made in stats, though of course all tamed Gigas are quite 'nerfed'. This one had 160% melee damage after taming, which seemed pretty good compared to the lower level Gigas we had tamed. It also had 18.2 K health at tame. 

After a day, the Giga has gained 20 levels, and is now 236. Melee damage is now 320%. That's getting close to around 1500 damage per chomp. I haven't bothered leveling any other stat. It feels like the right thing to just focus on getting melee damage as high as I can. I think that seems like a much better approach than trying to level up health directly as the health stat gains would be terrible. After all, the quicker you slay an enemy, the less damage you take.

160% to 320% in 20 levels? I'm pretty sure OP is in the boosted unofficial server. So, normal official standards won't apply to that giga. I guess that giga can fight wild giga just fine. 

4 hours ago, Luewen said:

Not quite right. You can kill wild giga with good melee tamed one. You have 100 seconds to kill it. Well, Less id you take normal damage on top. But let’s say you have Giga with 360 melee damage. That’s 1.6k damage per munch. You bite around once every second and half. In 30 seconds you have done more than half of wild gigas health as damage. Now add imprint bonus to that and it’s 30% more damage at highest. 

Then again there is always risks, so don’t munch on them unless you absolutely need to.

Are you saying killing wild giga with a tamed one? or bred one? Cause tamed gigas don't have imprint bonus. 

Archived