Search Raw Meat now includes Raw Fish Meat?

GreenRoc

Issue: Searching "w m" now includes Raw Fish Meat

This is a problem, and it is a new problem, and I dont like it.

zJfnQy6.jpg

I get a lot of Raw meat and Raw Fish meat when I go hunting to feed my tames. I would seperate these two meats by typing in "w m" in the search bar, so I only saw raw meat.

Now, searching for "w m" and even searching for "Raw Meat" will include the Raw Fish Meat

Is there a way to search for Raw Meat without seeing the Raw Fish Meat?

This is going to tack on more time spent feeding my tames. The only work around I know (to separate the meats), is to manually transfer each stack one by one. This is an issue when I get up to 300 stacks.

I hope this is not working as intended, and will get a fix soon.

1 hour ago, LordKelbor said:

….transfer 'fish' first

With the amount I can hold, I cant be doing that with 300 meat stacks total

I feed our tames raw meat first, because there isn't enough fish meat to feed all our meat eaters. I need that Fish meat for the few tames that only eat fish meat. I need fish to go into the trough after the Raw Meat is eaten.

To have to transfer the fish meat into another dino (since storage doesnt have enough space for all the fish) is adding another chunk of time to feeding our tames... Quicker to just hold T over the Raw Meat, than to have to go store Fish in another dino just to get Raw Meat into my inventory.

I only play Ark Official to help feed my tribemate's tames and refresh structures (when she cant play for a weekend). I want my time spent there to be as little as possible. I am not happy that this search issue is causing me to spend more time.

57 minutes ago, d1nk said:

They 'fixed' the search system. 'Advanced search' they call it. I think it didnt add anything new (correct me if im wrong) and just made the search system worse.

I personally dont like it and dont see a point as to why it was changed.

Advanced? Imo, That should have an option to "search for exact phrase". But there is only so much room where you can add so many options in a dino inventory. I'd rather them change back to the old search engine, I had no issues with how it was.

52 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

With the amount I can hold, I cant be doing that with 300 meat stacks total

I feed our tames raw meat first, because there isn't enough fish meat to feed all our meat eaters. I need that Fish meat for the few tames that only eat fish meat. I need fish to go into the trough after the Raw Meat is eaten.

To have to transfer the fish meat into another dino (since storage doesnt have enough space for all the fish) is adding another chunk of time to feeding our tames... Quicker to just hold T over the Raw Meat, than to have to go store Fish in another dino just to get Raw Meat into my inventory.

I only play Ark Official to help feed my tribemate's tames and refresh structures (when she cant play for a weekend). I want my time spent there to be as little as possible. I am not happy that this search issue is causing me to spend more time.

Advanced? Imo, That should have an option to "search for exact phrase". But there is only so much room where you can add so many options in a dino inventory. I'd rather them change back to the old search engine, I had no issues with how it was.

I agree 100%. The ' ' were supposed to indicate sarcasm :P If they add some more advanced filters (not ones we need to select every time) it would be great.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

Issue: Searching "w m" now includes Raw Fish Meat

Searching for "a e m t r w a" will also matches all type of meat. Basically, if EVERY character you type are contained in an item name regardless of its position it will matches. I was a bit disappointed with this change. When I saw "Improved searches" in the patch notes, I thought that blueprints quality was finally going to match but nope, just really made filtering much more harder. This change to me is a regression and I hope it gets revisited in the future. ?

27 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Searching for "a e m t r w a" will also matches all type of meat. Basically, if EVERY character you type are contained in an item name regardless of its position it will matches. I was a bit disappointed with this change. When I saw "Improved searches" in the patch notes, I thought that blueprints quality was finally going to match but nope, just really made filtering much more harder. This change to me is a regression and I hope it gets revisited in the future. ?

I cannot agree more. Lets see if we can get lucky with a dev comment! 

@Chris @Jen @TheRightHand @ScoutAlpha @Eli Hey y'all! :Jerbhi:

Its a really weird change, and concerning why it was even made.

I used to search "w p" "w m" and "w f" to transfer meats. Worked great! Now for fish I have to search "w fi" to avoid wood foundation and other crap, for prime I now have to use the full word "prime" to avoid primitive items, and for normal "raw meat".... your screwed if you have two kinds of meat it just can't be done. It added absolutely nothing beneficial I can think of.

No one asked for this, and I question who even suggested it. I find it hard to believe people were sitting around at a Dev meeting going... "You know what is upsetting our player base? Well defined search results! When a player searches their inventor for 'c p' they don't just want to see organic poly, they want to see primitive cross bows, Achatina paste, Cactus Sap, Cooked lamb chops, cloth pants, and a bunch of other crap! That's what is ticking everyone off. Quick, someone pull Paul off of server stability and bug fixes stat!!!"

The fix should be easy though. Admit the mistake and roll it back or add exact match searches as a setting defaulted to on.

Sometimes it feels like the devs enjoy trolling the players with certain updates. Like is it not tested before hand with a group of testers who put up their hands and say wait a minute, this one part of the patch, this one right here, this isnt a good idea. Maybe it does happen but when the tester puts up their hand WC throws a brick at them and tells them to stfu. Then they implement the patch un-amended anyway because you know "pfft time and effort and its hard to amend so meh" - WC

I guess the only way around this for the time being would be to farm the raw meat first, then go back transfer to a specific fridge or w/e then go back out and farm only fish meat then come back and put in it's own fridge or w/e, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived