Anglerfish locations on Rag?

MackTheKnife

My anglerfish i bought a few weeks ago had just starved to death and now I decided to just try taming one myself.I have hardly touched water tames at all because i just have a phobia of deep ocean water and creatures..

But anyways i went to the very left of Rag, near the swamps. Found a nice spot with plenty of anglers. However, i didn’t know the giant squids spawned there as well. Saw around 10 of them and 2 headed towards me in each direction. I was on a Sarco, and that gave me a heart attack seeing those huge things.

Is there anywhere i can go to find anglers without any dangerous creatures? I am based in SW near desert border. Is there anything in the south ocean?

and yes, i know about spawn maps but i would rather hear from people who’ve actually tamed it. 

Edit - Speaking of spawn map, tusos only spawn in the north ocean and also a tiny little spot in the far west. And it’s the most active spawn. I’m assuming that’s where i went? ?

I've always tamed my anglers in the north part of ragnarok. Squids are very rare up there. I suggest you make a raft so you don't need to fight all those annoying sea creatures while waiting on your tame. take your raft out to sea, flipper around until you find an angler then bring the raft to that spot. I recommend bringing a GPS and lazarus chowder for stamina. Anglers lose torpor very fast like 400 a minute I believe so make sure you bring enough narcotics. Refer to dododex.

P.S The really high level anglers always die to tranq arrows so you might need to use harpoon tranqs.

9 minutes ago, Praetor said:

I've always tamed my anglers in the north part of ragnarok. Squids are very rare up there. I suggest you make a raft so you don't need to fight all those annoying sea creatures while waiting on your tame. take your raft out to sea, flipper around until you find an angler then bring the raft to that spot. I recommend bringing a GPS and lazarus chowder for stamina. Anglers lose torpor very fast like 400 a minute I believe so make sure you bring enough narcotics. Refer to dododex.

P.S The really high level anglers always die to tranq arrows so you might need to use harpoon tranqs.

Yep, already have 100 tranq harpoons and several hundred biotoxin as well as the kibble. Built a 6 foundation trap at the very bottom, lined with doorframes, dino gated and closed ceilings. Are they shallow to the point you can use flippers? I always thought they were in the very dark deep ocean, hence the angler's light. If I can make an under-raft trap and lure it, i'm gonna do that :D

Archived