Best Cave Dinos for the Center

Cadin

25 minutes ago, ZippedS0larius said:

Megathrium and thyla those are my cave runners and i use a rex for that yeti cave. 

Long live the cryopods

15 minutes ago, iHartOvi8 said:

I take a cryo'd(when you need to) spino.  I just love spinos in general, and it's especially nice for the north ice cave since you've got a pretty decent swim over to Devourer.

On average are the caves pretty big? I remember most being able to walk a Rex in. Can I traverse with a Mega / Rex or need to recryo often to get past spots? I could just use a Bary or Thylo if thats the case? Bah gotta relearn The Center caves now :P 

It depends on what kind of cave you're planning on going into. If you're planning on going into the main cave (one with the underground world), for one of the entrances you might want to bring high leveled Megatheriums down with cryopods. For some other entrances you wouldn't need tames, only some Enduro Stew and/or Scuba armor. But bring harpoons there's going to be some mantas and stuff.

Like Insanely said, it varies by different caves and in one case different entrances.  East lava and south ice are no issue, underground world it depends on the entrance.  The entrance from underground world, you can get to the artifact fine but if you go in the entrance towards the west side of jungles south you'll need to cryo and throw him out at least once(depending how thick the wild creatures spawn and if you're feeling bold about trying to run past them or if you want to check a drop that sometimes spawns in there).  You'll also obviously need to cryo if you want to go check that spot anyway even if using the other entrance. 

North ice you're fine for one artifact as long as you're using something where oxygen isn't an issue, but for the other you have to swim through a very small opening where you'll have to cryo anything that's very big.  West lava you'll have to cryo to get in the entrance and then again to get through one other part...  Did I forget any? 

Archived