To All It May Concern

Norie123

Please can u do something with rude people in PVE? That server should be played by people who wants to enjoy playing ark peacefully like me...and yet I always encounter rude player. This Chinese guy with his tamed giga butt in while I’m shooting tranq arrows to the wild giga killed the wild giga inside my trap which I’m trying to tame. He killed it infront of me while I keep saying to stop it because I’m taming it...and I know he do understand what I said because he is speaking english saying he solve it for me by killing the wild giga I’m taming...please do something about it i have photos...I’m very disappointed by it because that was the first time I trap a wild giga alone...that may not be much for the old/expert player but for newbie like me it does matter a lot. ?

0F10579B-3745-4A79-A81D-D6189D433A16.jpeg

6 hours ago, docredduke10 said:

I am not sure it is a violation or not, but if you are trying to get him banned, you would need his name in a screen shot and submit  ticket.  I do not think posting here will get anything done for you.

I’m having doubt if it can be reported other player said it’s not a ground for being banned...the rule didnt state clearly regarding this like this...but I did email the support team already and with the other photos but hasnt receive any reply yet...

20 hours ago, Rakkasan said:

I am fairly certain this is a form of griefing in PvE

I would make sure you get a screenshot with that person's name next time. Report them and I am willing to bet they will get the initial 7 day ban. If they mess up for any reason after that the next ban is permanent. 

- Rakkasan

Yes I have taken a photo of his name since I can’t read and write chinese characters. I have also submitted a proper incident report about it.

9A5235C8-F525-4CD2-B649-3A2FDB6B6E83.jpeg

3 hours ago, Norie123 said:

But I havent got any reply from the dev for how many days already .

It takes time. They have a small team and a huge number of reports to go over. I've filed complaints before and, while it sometimes took nearly 2 weeks, they have always responded. They'll either take action and let you know, tell you they need a better screen shot, tell you what is being done isn't a violation of game rules (pretty sure it is) or tell you that you don't have enough evidence. My guess is that in a week or two you'll hear that they issued a temporary 7 day ban. Unless the person has been issued a 7 day ban before they always start with that as a warning.

7 minutes ago, docredduke10 said:

It has taken them about 2 months to respond to mine.  I had already moved to a different server by that time.  The offenders did get a perma ban though.

Wow. Well, no system is perfect because no person is perfect. Glad to hear they did finally ban them. I get disappointed sometimes too. Recently reported someone I thought for sure needed to be instantly perma banned for threatening to beat somebody else up at school. They said it wasn't worthy of a ban. I'm thinking they probably saw it as just childish joking. Might be right. But I was kinda disappointed. But hey. I disappoint people every day. Part of being a fallen human in a fallen world. 

On 3/20/2019 at 9:13 PM, Rakkasan said:

It takes time. They have a small team and a huge number of reports to go over. I've filed complaints before and, while it sometimes took nearly 2 weeks, they have always responded. They'll either take action and let you know, tell you they need a better screen shot, tell you what is being done isn't a violation of game rules (pretty sure it is) or tell you that you don't have enough evidence. My guess is that in a week or two you'll hear that they issued a temporary 7 day ban. Unless the person has been issued a 7 day ban before they always start with that as a warning.

They replied already ? and issued that person with temp ban...

2 hours ago, Rakkasan said:

Wow. Well, no system is perfect because no person is perfect. Glad to hear they did finally ban them. I get disappointed sometimes too. Recently reported someone I thought for sure needed to be instantly perma banned for threatening to beat somebody else up at school. They said it wasn't worthy of a ban. I'm thinking they probably saw it as just childish joking. Might be right. But I was kinda disappointed. But hey. I disappoint people every day. Part of being a fallen human in a fallen world. 

Threatening to beat up in rl I guess part of misconduct? I’m not sure.

21 hours ago, Norie123 said:

Threatening to beat up in rl I guess part of misconduct? I’m not sure.

This is straight from the Community Guidelines:

• Be respectful of other players. Offensive, threatening and harassing language is not permitted anywhere in the game. This includes but is not limited to: racism, sexism, hate speech, or threats of violence. Violating this rule for the first time will result in a temporary 7-day ban. Repeat offenders will be banned from the game permanently.

Btw. I spoke with someone from Wardrum as to why the person who made the threat was not banned. They explained that they handled these on a case-by-case basis and that this appeared to be more of an exchange between two immature kids in the middle of an argument more than anything. I've since taken a second look, as well as continued to look at the character of the person who made the threat, and fully agree. :)

Archived