Structure pick up

So I was told that I can just turn off the timer by setting (AlwaysAllowStructurePickUp=True) so now I don’t need a timer which is good but when every time I go up to a structure instead of going to option first It would just say pick up Which in some cases I tend to break stuff on accident, which is bother some for some of my friends and I. 

I was wondering if there’s a way to fix this issue.

9 hours ago, EDMvibes said:

So I was told that I can just turn off the timer by setting (AlwaysAllowStructurePickUp=True) so now I don’t need a timer which is good but when every time I go up to a structure instead of going to option first It would just say pick up Which in some cases I tend to break stuff on accident, which is bother some for some of my friends and I. 

I was wondering if there’s a way to fix this issue.

Take more care maybe? You still have to hold Y to pick up structures.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MissesHunter said:

I've been trying every command I can find for this. I've used everyone I've found and still having no luck in being able to have it where I can always pick up. Any tips? 

Because it’s not a command. It’s an ini file that can only be used on a PC unofficial i.e. Nitrado for Xbox users.

• 4 months later...

sorry to Necro bump but I'm having issues with this on my server.. I tried putting AlwaysAllowStructurePickup=True in the custom game.ini settings in the basic expert settings and it didn't work.. I went into expert mode and looked for the line of code in the gameusersetti gs.ini thinkinh maybe it was in there and didn't find it so pasted it in.. still doesn't work..

it's keeping the same pick up timer I had on the server..  do I need to remove the timer setting code first or should it override it?

• 3 months later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, Azel221 said:

Im looking in GameUserSetting.ini and cant even find "alwaysallowpickup" ive even used ctrl f and still nothing. Ive found structure pickup time aftrr placement and structure pickup hold duration, but not alwaysallow

The option is AlwaysAllowStructurePickup not alwaysallowpickup. If it is not there, just add it and it should work.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 5:44 AM, Cclare001 said:

So I have the exact code above

AlwaysAllowStructurePickup=True

pasted into my gameusersettings.ini and it still isnt working. Still says 30 seconds to pick up. Any idea why?

Make to erase the "stucturepickup=1.000" setting in the file, then it should work. I just did this today

Hey guys, im curious, did anyone figure out how to make to so you dont just have to press Y to pick up? Usually you hold Y, which brings up the wheel, and then select "pickup". 

Like you said before, only having to press "Y" is problematic.  Say your walking through a door but accidently hit the "Y" button when your crosshair is over the DOORFRAME.... bye bye  frame AND door! 

I actually wondering if thats just how it is when you have the "AlwaysAllowStructurePickup"  set to true....

Anyone?

Archived