Getting insided

Airsooner

4 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Insiding is perfectly fine because it’s seen as a legitimate tactic. Tribe ranks can help prevent it.

I get so tired of hearing this. Why can’t i undermesh people and pop inside their base? It’s insiding (literally) but it’s against the rules for some reason. It’s cheating, you say? Taking advantage of the games mechanics? Going into a tribe that’s built up for months just to demolish everything in an hour?

It effectively has the same result, gaining easy access to a tribe and destroying it from within.

That’s just as harmful if not MORE so than glitching. I love the fine line people have about this game. Insiders get the exact same criticism and hate as a mesher. Yet after defending insiding actions, they have the nerve to say it’s against the rules to glitch even though it’s the SAME THING. 

I bet you’re one of those lawyers who twist the law to their advantage and employ the scummiest tactics in order to get fat money, then turn around and say it’s wrong/immoral to give the death penalty to serial murderers.

57 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

I get so tired of hearing this. Why can’t i undermesh people and pop inside their base? It’s insiding (literally) but it’s against the rules for some reason. It’s cheating, you say? Taking advantage of the games mechanics? Going into a tribe that’s built up for months just to demolish everything in an hour?

It effectively has the same result, gaining easy access to a tribe and destroying it from within.

That’s just as harmful if not MORE so than glitching. I love the fine line people have about this game. Insiders get the exact same criticism and hate as a mesher. Yet after defending insiding actions, they have the nerve to say it’s against the rules to glitch even though it’s the SAME THING. 

I bet you’re one of those lawyers who twist the law to their advantage and employ the scummiest tactics in order to get fat money, then turn around and say it’s wrong/immoral to give the death penalty to serial murderers.

Insiding is a perfectly legitimate PvP tactic as said by Wildcard themselves. Insiding is the same as being a mole, so not sure why you’re comparing it to meshing when its more like espionage.

2 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Insiding is a perfectly legitimate PvP tactic as said by Wildcard themselves. Insiding is the same as being a mole, so not sure why you’re comparing it to meshing when its more like espionage.

Oh, it’s confirmed by a bunch of money grubbing crooks who don’t care about the people or glitches THAT STILL PERSIST 3 YEARS LATER. That’s reassuring.

I thought espionage/being a mole was reconnaissance for the purpose of obtaining information. Now THAT would be fine..joining a tribe, gaining trust and info in order to have another tribe legitimately bring it down. Actually sounds like fun.

The wrongful part is deliberately destroying everything 100%. Killing all tames and demolishing every single structure while you’re STILL IN the tribe is not espionage, that should be considered cheating as you are bypassing all legitimate defenses to “raid”. 

I don’t even know why i’m whining anymore. Wildcard hasn’t fixed a thing and when they bring out new servers with rules and enforcement, nothing changes. Teaming on small tribes, ORP gates, pvE pillaring 90% of the map, pillaring your base on purpose so you can’t build further, everything.

19 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Insiding got big with eve online,  it was allowed there and people still lose stuff that took real money to build up.

Now that’s just illegal if it involves real money, there’s no justifying it. I don’t care if they allowed it or not. If i spent money building things and someone cheated their way to take it, you can bet your behind i’m filing a lawsuit. 

insiding on pvp = allowed

insiding in pve = not right

insiding in pvp is fine but insiding on pve or even pvevp is wrong and trollish. it has happened to me and to be fair I have done it to help small tribes who have been pillar blocked. but I do not use it wrongly. I attack the wrong doers and help the poor and good guys. I only let people join my tribe if I can audio talk to them on console. if not then they r not allowed in. I fine with insiding on pvp simple solution once you r well established or don't want someone insiding and ruining you don't accept tribe members unless u know them or they r a friend of yours or your friends. I do agree with grumpy insiding is fine.

4 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

I can't tell if you're trolling or on a level of sarcasm I can't quite comprehend... This is some really odd logic.

One is the equivalent of espionage and an age old tactic to gain the enemy's trust, perfectly within the realm of reality... The other.. raptor, breaking the laws of physics somehow and floating over & under physical fortifications? And in this case, the asked response is for gods to step in and slap them down. "Hush, we obey the laws of the universe and causality here".

Complaining about insiding is like complaining about getting killed by trying to tame a giga with a club. 

Use the correct tools to protect yourself. 

Giga taming - use shocking darts and a high rifle or die. 

Accepting people into your tribe -  use the tribe ranking system or wish you were dead. 

It's not Wildcard's fault if you eat with your fingers instead of using the silverware they gave you. 

It's not Wildcard's fault that you don't use the correct tools. 

1 hour ago, 20GT said:

Complaining about insiding is like complaining about getting killed by trying to tame a giga with a club. 

Use the correct tools to protect yourself. 

Giga taming - use shocking darts and a high rifle or die. 

Accepting people into your tribe -  use the tribe ranking system or wish you were dead. 

It's not Wildcard's fault if you eat with your fingers instead of using the silverware they gave you. 

It's not Wildcard's fault that you don't use the correct tools. 

People who inside other tribes are usually very experienced. They know you just simply won't invite them with max rank, and that's not what I was implying. I had a guy i've been playing with for over a year, and one day he just decides he wants to demolish everything my 20 people built while we were all asleep. Those tools don't help much, because a smart person would do anything to gain trust.  Fast forward a few weeks to a month or more of being friends with everyone, then they strike. So ranking doesn't really matter unless you permanently keep them at a low level, which no one does except for megatribe retards. You can help determine who they are initially, but in the future you'd never know if they were friendly and helpful the entire time.

Don't even start with that whole "tools they gave you" crap. Wildcard has proven many many many MANY times of their incompetence, and their so-called tools hardly ever work in the first place. This game is pretty fun with people you trust but it's also a very obvious cashgrab like Battlefront 2 with no real thought put into it. Also the maintenance is AWFUL, absolute worst support I have ever seen in my history of online games.

26 minutes ago, choroni said:

So... I'm sure I am the only person who doesn't know this but.... what exactly is "insiding"?

Let the others tell you, since these scum disliking my posts are probably the ones who do it. I'm done trying to be the good guy.

And SaltyMonkey, stop reacting badly to my posts. You're making it more obvious each time that you are trolling. And you did the same here as well.

3 minutes ago, choroni said:

Ahh... that makes sense.  Definitely not the same as meshing.  Maybe lowdown and underhanded, but not really a cheat in my opinion.

Definitely not a cheat but a legitimate PvP tactic as said by the devs. I don’t agree with it and it’s a banned action on my cluster, but @MackTheKnife will go HAM on anyone that doesn’t share the same opinion as them.

17 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Definitely not a cheat but a legitimate PvP tactic as said by the devs. I don’t agree with it and it’s a banned action on my cluster, but @MackTheKnife will go HAM on anyone that doesn’t share the same opinion as them.

What the hell? You were trolling me and disliking my stuff the entire time , though you just admitted you agree with me to the point where you banned it.

And I don't mind opposing views at all, but honestly something as damaging as insiding shouldn't just be a matter of opinion. You can think it does good in the long run,  but at the same time you cannot deny the extreme irreparable damage you've caused when you really didn't put any work into it. Just hold a button and click demolish.

I didn't really go off on anyone, I just pointed out how scummy their moves are and they deserve to be called out on it.

5 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

What the hell? You were trolling me and disliking my stuff the entire time , though you just admitted you agree with me to the point where you banned it.

And I don't mind opposing views at all, but honestly something as damaging as insiding shouldn't just be a matter of opinion. You can think it does good in the long run,  but at the same time you cannot deny the extreme irreparable damage you've caused when you really didn't put any work into it. Just hold a button and click demolish.

I didn't really go off on anyone, I just pointed out how scummy their moves are and they deserve to be called out on it.

Facepalming is a legitimate function added to the forums by Wildcard.

9 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

social dynamics is a core part of the game. The premise of the game is survival in a harsh environment. Other survivors you come across present the biggest challenge. Whether to risk trusting them or fighting them. 

So I see plenty of people saying the rank system doesnt fully protect you, and yes but the only thing it doesnt protect you from is your own mistakes with using it. If used correctly the rank system can fully protect you from this stuff, especially on PVE, maybe less so on PVP but still. 

Yea sure you can restrict dino access and make players not able to demolish structure but like someone said they can craft up some c4 and then just blow their way in anyway. Well if your base is in such a way that someone you dont trust can easily craft C4 then you are already doing something wrong. So unless I trust everyone in my tribe, which does happen as I often play with IRL friends, Setting up a recruits base or room is the way to go. You can literally restrict access on an individual structure/object level. Dont give ppl you dont trust access to the Fabricator, set them up in a small all access area that will have basic things they will need but nothing that will allow them to blow into restricted access areas. Literally give them dump chests for them to put resource in and then you personally move that stuff to restricted access vaults afterwards.

You can pretty much make it that the only way they could screw you over would be to essentially build their own fabricator and farm their own resource to then eventually blow in, and in this case they may as well have just done that without joining your tribe so it makes them insiding you kind of pointless. If your cryo fridge isnt in a restricted access area that your own fault, if your fab isnt in restricted access its your own fault, if you havent setup your base with planned access and restricted access to minimize inside risk... well then I hope you arent going to be inviting people you dont trust.

And as for MacTheKnife's encounter with a guy who waited a year to inside, that is something else, that is the kind of dedication you dont see often and is a very rare case. It takes a special kind of low/no life individual to wait and plan for that long just to inside someone on a computer game when they could have easily made their own progress in their own tribe in that time.

And stopping insiding is just one of the things that rank system can do, it has other uses also. All it takes is a little fore thought and planning and you will realise just how secure the rank and restriction groups can make you against this kind of behavior.

Archived