Global Fonts + Tek Storage

Belayla

Has anyone else noticed when using the global font sets (just google it; there's a big font set that's been around since 2016), the numerical values on tek dedicated storage gets all messed up?  My guess is it's a new "font" in the pack that's not covered by the 2016 font pack, so it doesn't know how to render it.  Anyone else know of other font packs I could try that also have kanji/cryllic/other non-arabic fonts that I could give a shot, which have also been updated semi-recently? 

EDIT: added a screen shot as an example:

4DD3B225D760E4749C1E086362A7C010B1BCEF06

35 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Are the pictures on front a mod or in vanilla?! I want me some of those..

the pics are part of the vanilla homestead stuff that was added recently.  the Character junk that appears in that screenshotr is a result of a global font set; with the default font they show the actual number of units in the storage (e.g. 10.5 stacks of metal ingots would show a number of 2100).

That just looked... like a three year old scribbling random words on it. oh my god lol.

But on a serious note. I do not think there is any Global font that prevents that kind of issue. Highly doubt wildcard had made any font other than a select few to work properly with numerical values of the dedicated storage.

Have you tried the font for the S+ variant? (not vanilla)

20 hours ago, Vaculity said:

That just looked... like a three year old scribbling random words on it. oh my god lol.

But on a serious note. I do not think there is any Global font that prevents that kind of issue. Highly doubt wildcard had made any font other than a select few to work properly with numerical values of the dedicated storage.

Have you tried the font for the S+ variant? (not vanilla)

no, but now you have me quite intrigued... how do I set up S+ font variants?  The font I was using was not a Wildcard font, but this custom one referenced on reddit.  If you provide me a link to one designed for S+ I'd be more than happy to give it a whirl.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm the original author of the font modification.  
There is an updated version (much newer than the one from reddit) which can be found at https://c.url.onl/font

As for the Tek Dedicated storages, there is no way to fix them.  For some reason, once a font exceeds a certain number of glyphs, the game engine bugs out with rendering the text in the 3D game world.  Rendering in the 2D space (e.g. User Interface, Dino Names, etc.) works fine, but all text in the actual 3D world runs a chance of looking like that.

The font used on the Tek Dedicated storages is actually the same as the UI, so if they fix the bug, they fix the font ;)

• 1 month later...

I downloaded ark devkit looked tek storage information and found how to get work tek storage font correctly just you need go to ARK\ShooterGame\Content\OldAssets\UI\HUD folder then copy SansationBold18.uasset to ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Localization\Game\global folder and replace it. Its will help you 100% enjoy.vDczOfB.jpg

On 9/22/2019 at 4:14 PM, Sleiva said:

I downloaded ark devkit looked tek storage information and found how to get work tek storage font correctly just you need go to ARK\ShooterGame\Content\OldAssets\UI\HUD folder then copy SansationBold18.uasset to ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Localization\Game\global folder and replace it. Its will help you 100% enjoy.vDczOfB.jpg

Doing this will replace the font for the UI as well ... which is inherently the issue.

If you replace the font , a lot of things may revert to the non global-font version, such as
xmCIuuB.png

Because of my bad eyes I have tried this global pack, and it's really an improvement of readability but it caused another problem (I tried with and without old SansationBold18.uasset but same problem):

Normaly when the game launches the surface textures are low-res for a few seconds before higher-res is loaded. But with the global pack installed the game stays with the low-res textures, so the global pack prevents loading of the normal textures. How can I fix this?

Is there another way to just increase font-size?

• 3 months later...
On 9/24/2019 at 4:58 AM, Zapha said:

Because of my bad eyes I have tried this global pack, and it's really an improvement of readability but it caused another problem (I tried with and without old SansationBold18.uasset but same problem):

Normaly when the game launches the surface textures are low-res for a few seconds before higher-res is loaded. But with the global pack installed the game stays with the low-res textures, so the global pack prevents loading of the normal textures. How can I fix this?

Is there another way to just increase font-size?

Which GPU do you have?  I believe this is an issue with running out of VRAM as the global font uses a good amount of it.

• 5 months later...
On 9/22/2019 at 3:14 PM, Sleiva said:

Could you upload this file 'SansationBold18.uasset' please :D

On 9/22/2019 at 1:14 PM, Sleiva said:

Not seeing the Global file. Just "all" and a bunch of 2 letter language files. Are you supposed to manually go into all of those files and replace the Sansation file individually?

10 hours ago, SceneSpyro said:

Not seeing the Global file. Just "all" and a bunch of 2 letter language files. Are you supposed to manually go into all of those files and replace the Sansation file individually?

Yea like i said you need to go ARK\ShooterGame\Content\OldAssets\UI\HUD folder then copy SansationBold18.uasset to ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Localization\Game\global folder and replace it. It's a same file what i was uploading mega.nz because u can find it at HUD folder and just copy and replace it to global folder.

Archived