fishing with primitive rod...

dodogal

I know the consensus is "don't bother with the primitive rod" but depending on the server setting you may not have any other alternative

I have only access to primitive rods and while I have access to leech blood, it is much more time consuming to get compared to honey

What are my hopes to obtain saddle blueprints (of any level, I don't care) with primitive rods and honey?

I'm getting better at fishing now and I can get up to 1.4X salmons with very low fail rate but after catching dozens of big salmons, I still haven't gotten any blueprint. My average fishing score is approximately 0.65 ~ 0.7

Is there any hope to obtain one?

3 hours ago, dodogal said:

Sé que el consenso es "no se moleste con la vara primitiva" pero, dependiendo de la configuración del servidor, es posible que no tenga otra alternativa.

Solo tengo acceso a barras primitivas y si bien tengo acceso a sangre de sanguijuela, es mucho más lento en comparación con la miel

¿Cuáles son mis esperanzas de obtener planos de silla de montar (de cualquier nivel, no me importa) con barras y miel primitivas?

Ahora estoy mejorando en la pesca y puedo llegar a los salmones 1.4X con un índice de falla muy bajo, pero después de capturar docenas de salmones grandes, todavía no he conseguido ningún plan. Mi puntaje promedio de pesca es de aproximadamente 0.65 ~ 0.7

¿Hay alguna esperanza de obtener uno?

I guess its really a low rate, you should try caves insteed or try orbital drops, really high chances on orbitals. I never see a fishing rod BP. 

Are you sure about this though or just guessing? This is what the wiki says :

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Fishing_Rod#Detailed

The article is a bit unclear but apparently you get either just meat or meat+loot, and in the latter case there are multiple tiers where you get a BP, some of which have a 10% chance.

I get loot frequently, but so far only the items in common resources and rare resources tiers. I find it weird that with a 10% chance I still got nothing after dozens of fishes that gave me loot... =/

On 3/14/2019 at 7:42 AM, WaightZer said:

Chance of getting BPs with a primitive rod is extremely if not close to impossible low. Even with MC rod 395% efficiency, I sometimes still got crap tier loots with no BP on 1.3 salmon with leech blood. 

source?

sorry to insist but since I have no access to better rods, I am looking for reliable info

7 hours ago, dodogal said:

source?

sorry to insist but since I have no access to better rods, I am looking for reliable info

I understand your want for accurate info, if you want cited sources then look up yourself :) Ive been playing since release and I can confirm his reply.. since the fishing nerf its been next to pointless to fish even with a MC/ASC rod. Nevermind a primitive..

Why cant you get rod bps? Are alpha squids and cave loot disabled? Explain it to us and maybe we can help you!

On 3/15/2019 at 8:33 PM, d1nk said:

I understand your want for accurate info, if you want cited sources then look up yourself :) Ive been playing since release and I can confirm his reply.. since the fishing nerf its been next to pointless to fish even with a MC/ASC rod. Nevermind a primitive..

Why cant you get rod bps? Are alpha squids and cave loot disabled? Explain it to us and maybe we can help you!

You might have missed the point, I don't care about the bp quality. Any blueprint will be a priceless treasure due to peculiar server setting/configuration.

I have fished offline with journeyman rod and got plenty of blueprints from 1.3X salmons so BP may not be as hard to get as you make it sound.

The question is not "is it worth fishing on regular official server" the question is : "can I get ANY BP OF ANY QUALITY with primitive rod". Thank you.

• 9 months later...

Archived