Windows 10 dedicated server Game.ini Settings Help

So I run a Windows 10 dedicated server and was wondering if there's a way to edit the Game.ini file so the game will adhere to them properly. I have edited my .ini file to give engrams unlearnable to us on extinction at certain level and also to mess with stack sizes but none of the settings work. i was wondering is there any way to make this work without throwing money away for a Nitrado server

8 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

The ini edits work, there is a game one and game user setting. Look at the wiki on server configuration ini options and just place them in the files, save, and restart the game.

For a WIndows 10 server acting as a dedicated server for xbox players? Not a steam server. Can you tell me where to find these files I have one on my screen now but edits I make to it are not followed when I play on my xbox. I mainly make certain engrams leanabel at certain levels and have a stack override for resources but so far nothing shows up in game.

16 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Under app data folder/local/packages/wildcard folders

Thanks after some trial and error i got the stack override stuff to work the engram stuff doesn't seem to be working but that might be because it doesn't work retroactively.

Now if i wanted my Win 10 dedicated server to launch with an event like the extinction chronicles using the command lines any idea on how i would go about that? The wiki was very vague and didn't point to file just said hey it looks like this.

22 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Windows 10 doesn't have command startup functionality...devs left out that piece.

Well that's fantastic so to run command lines I have to pay a 3rd party to run it on their servers @Jen Can we get this fixed so a windows 10 dedicated server can have full command and game.ini functionality like Nitrado's servers seem to have.

On another note the engram auto unlocks did not work even with a new character also I found some lines that were supposed to add Abberation spawns to ragnarok but they don't appear either. The only thing I have working as intended is the stack variation and none of the Game.ini stuff is working at all. I will attach a copy of my Game.ini if you want to check it.

Any help would be appreciated

Game.ini

Scratch that I got it working so the deal was that I was missing a line apparently. After googling for about 5 hours i found a steam post that said if you want dinos to spawn you need to add the following line at the top of your Game,ini file [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] (include the brackets) then follow it with the add npc stuff. Also not sure if it helped but i also had to go into the properties of the file and save it as a read only as it seemed to fix some formatting issues. Now all the override stuff like override prime meat to stacks of 100 work where before they did not.

Hope this helps someone else. i will include my Game.ini file which has aberrant creatures spawning on ragnarok in various places and forces prime, fish, and mutton to stack to 100

Game.ini

• 5 months later...

Hey sorry to necro this post but how did you figure out the stack overrides? Most of the guides ive found online are either for Nitrado or Steam. I too am running a PC dedicated private server, via the Microsoft Store Version, for me and my friends. Want to stack annoying things like meat but cant seem to make it work. Found the game.ini in C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1w2mm55455e38\LocalState\Saved\UWPConfig\UWP. Closed server added the following, reopened to test, didnt work. Double-checked to see if the file had still saved and the code was there just not working. Any help would be much appreciated.
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_RawMeat_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_RawPrimeMeat_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=10.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_RawMeat_Fish_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_RawPrimeMeat_Fish_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=10.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_RawMutton_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_CookedMeat_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_CookedPrimeMeat_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_CookedMeat_Fish_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_CookedPrimeMeat_Fish_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_CookedLambChop_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_CookedMeat_Jerky_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_CookedPrimeMeat_Jerky_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))
ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemConsumable_Honey_C",Quantity=(MaxItemQuantity=100.0,bIgnoreMultiplier=true))

Archived