Wild Ravagers

Demonshadow

2 hours ago, Demonshadow said:

can something be done about wild ravagers? Its quite annoying that a perfect tamed 150 ravager can easily die to a pack of level 30 wild ravagers... I know they nerfed the damage but that only truly works on tamed ones, while the wild ravagers still deal massive damage with the bleed effect.

I agree its stupid and unfair that a wild creature can outclass a tamed 1 so easily.  Tho its possible to get a pack of 4 100+ ravagers and shred evrything.  Dont forget lik wolves and compys they get more powerful offensively and defensively the bigger ur pack.  I hav 4 100+ ravagers and they shred everything.

By 100+ i mean 100+ in the wild b4 tame

The bleed effect will shred the health of anything small or not. It makes sense on allosaurs and gigas but only on wild ravagers. tamed ravagers are decent its just why do the wild ones need the bleed effect? just put them back to their old damage and remove bleed from wild ones and the problem will be fixed.

16 hours ago, Thrassh said:

tamed ravagers are not so powerful in general its more a traveling mount for me

Tamed ravagers are great for early game mount once you can get one of them trapped, AND the fact they can carry most materials at half its original weight is an added bonus.

16 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Tame bout 4 decent lvled ravagers and have 3 follow the leader.  Ride the leasder and b sure to saddle them all.  Theyll shred every ravager pack u meet.  Theyll kill drakes pretty quick too

Well, assuming you got a decently mutated ravager, or a packed of tamed with at least stats distributed well when its tamed, that along with the pack buff can work.

9 hours ago, Demonshadow said:

The bleed effect will shred the health of anything small or not. It makes sense on allosaurs and gigas but only on wild ravagers. tamed ravagers are decent its just why do the wild ones need the bleed effect? just put them back to their old damage and remove bleed from wild ones and the problem will be fixed.

May be worth mentioning that Tamed Giga do not inflict bleed, only wild Giga does.

And they already have the bleed effect since the start of aberration. I don't see how "putting them back to their old damage" makes sense since its technically already their old damage.

not too long after the release of abberition they nerfed ravagers damage overall due to them being too powerful. however that only truly nerfed tamed ones due to wild ones having the bleed effect. Yeah i honestly use ravagers purely for metal runs prior to getting a crab and anklyo setup. they are almost useless against wild packs. Unless you have a overwelming advantage. Where most other tames a high level can easily take care of their wild counterparts easily except for gigas.

On 3/16/2019 at 4:00 AM, Demonshadow said:

not too long after the release of abberition they nerfed ravagers damage overall due to them being too powerful. however that only truly nerfed tamed ones due to wild ones having the bleed effect. Yeah i honestly use ravagers purely for metal runs prior to getting a crab and anklyo setup. they are almost useless against wild packs. Unless you have a overwelming advantage. Where most other tames a high level can easily take care of their wild counterparts easily except for gigas.

I don't see how you can bring a giga into this comparison, since Wild Ravagers only exist at Aberration (not counting modded maps), and there isn't such thing as "Aberrant Giga" to even warrant it being brought to the server in Official.

6 hours ago, Vaculity said:

I don't see how you can bring a giga into this comparison, since Wild Ravagers only exist at Aberration (not counting modded maps), and there isn't such thing as "Aberrant Giga" to even warrant it being brought to the server in Official.

The logic holds that if one animal doesn't keep its bleed attack after tame, that another wouldn't as well.

19 hours ago, Vaculity said:

I mentioned gigas, due to them being one of the few tames that  will die against its wild counterpart of equal level. I never said that gigas were on aberrition. My point about ravagers is that they feel very lackluster except as a pack animal. While wild ravagers are a threat to almost any other tame simply due to bleed. Allosaurs can deal good damage without bleed, gigas deal good damage without bleed. Ravagers have to be over leveled to even stand a chance against most things.

Archived