Dino leash is not worth

skitoledo

Gigas are super buggy with the dino leash. I have three in a dedicated leash on neutral, and even they periodically just wander out of the zone to eat some dumb*** dilo that thought that was a winning battle.

I’m always very diligent in checking the gigas several times a session to be sure they have the lock icon by their name. They’re definitely being counted as tethered, yet their flights of fancy continue regularly.

If anyone has tips for getting gigas on neutral / aggressive to not escape the tether like it doesn’t exist, I’d love to hear.

It acts as an invisible non-physical wall, so if they are flying or jumping for example they'll ultimately leave that non-physical wall and get out of the leash range, it work as it's supposed to, just certain game mechanics are out of its control.

As the leash is spherical, if you wanted it to function as it would, then dinos that fall through the world or dinos that are falling cannot go outside of it and would act as a physical barrier.

Two things I learned with leashes: 1) as mentioned above, if you don't see the sign on their body, de-activate and re-activate the leash. 2) Make sure the ground they're on does not have anything the dino can walk on. If there's a rock/boulder/tree/etc that's partially inside and outside the circle, there's a good change your dino(s) will get out because they get buggy and when they "fall" while walking on the object, they walk right out of the area.

Aside from that, I have not had any problems with gigas. I always had 3-4 around my base when I still played (with leashes) and they stopped getting out when I made sure there weren't any objects that they could walk on when inside the leash. However, my leashes were on the highest and 2nd highest range setting, I did not use any smaller circles for gigas specifically.

Its a known issue.

The argument as to whether or not it can be fixed isn't substantial. The problem is the order that things render. Creatures should not render before structures. There is no-processing whenever there is no render. So the effect should be that whenever a player renders an area the dinosaur leash and the structures need to be one of the first things in the order of operations. Basically; everything a player-set needs to be there for the artificial components to behave.

1. Structures
  2. Resources
  3. Creatures

You guys are just going to have to live with the bug for now. I think it is getting addressed this year. Not sure; after the season pass the studio did state that they have a lot of ambitions for improving the game. I can't wait to see them.

spawn-logic = spawn-structures, spawn-resources, spawn-creatures. Its just the order of dynamics. 

3 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

Omg is that why? It never crossed my mind to do this ? lol.  thank you

Yes exactly why :P One does not simply throw a dino in a pre-leashed area! Dino leash only leashes current dinos when its turned on, and if you ride leashed dinos they're all sorts of glitchy. Ive had a leashed dino (a theri I was harvesting with) teleport back to the leash spot over 4 render blocks away when it was attacked

I have not had the problem yet. 

But when putting a dino on the leash you need to bring them in close to the leash, then activate the leash, then set your dino on aggressive then on wandering.

If you ride your dino out of the marker for any reason you need to bring to leash, deactivate leash then reactivate leash then put dino on aggressive and then wander.

Archived