Community Crunch 172: Developer Stream Roundup and Switch Server Maintenance!

Jen

On 3/14/2019 at 2:42 AM, TNTKiller2001 said:

I used to be a solo player as well and the only map that i didnt defeat the bosses was abereation (and extinction since it didnt existed at the time). Gigas can be strong and fast but their uses are very limited, same for the mosas. With griffins and thylas you can do so much more stuff than with a giga. I see ppl using rock elementals to soak turrets in PVP, have you ever seen a giga been used to do anything than just finishing off a raid?

I’ve seen players with a giga roam PvP servers and dominate anything and everything in its path. I’ve seen thylas easily picked up and killed by argys, and the only thing a griffin can do is look cool and run away. Perhaps, and only maybe, the griffin should be in a tier above a rex, but never above or on par with a giga. The giga is basically a raid dino that doesn’t starve and can be bred. Griffins are vanity dinos mainly useful for escaping, and thylas are made for cave runs and sneaking around until you can get a giga. As many have pointed out, no one needs a griffin if they already have access to wyvern eggs. It’s like suddenly making a $5 bill worth more than a $20.

The values and usefulness of these dinos was established in the game originally, and is still apparent by the breeding timers. The new kibble system doesn’t reduce the number of dinos people are keeping (it just changes the type), it doesn’t make it less confusing, nor does it make logical sense for balancing. It seems more like some interns with very limited experience with the game came in an started changing things before actually trying to understand and appreciate that this game became great and was better before these changes came along.

1 hour ago, ArkP1 said:

I’ve seen players with a giga roam PvP servers and dominate anything and everything in its path. I’ve seen thylas easily picked up and killed by argys, and the only thing a griffin can do is look cool and run away. Perhaps, and only maybe, the griffin should be in a tier above a rex, but never above or on par with a giga. The giga is basically a raid dino that doesn’t starve and can be bred. Griffins are vanity dinos mainly useful for escaping, and thylas are made for cave runs and sneaking around until you can get a giga. As many have pointed out, no one needs a griffin if they already have access to wyvern eggs. It’s like suddenly making a $5 bill worth more than a $20.

The values and usefulness of these dinos was established in the game originally, and is still apparent by the breeding timers. The new kibble system doesn’t reduce the number of dinos people are keeping (it just changes the type), it doesn’t make it less confusing, nor does it make logical sense for balancing. It seems more like some interns with very limited experience with the game came in an started changing things before actually trying to understand and appreciate that this game became great and was better before these changes came along.

A giga doesnt starve????????????????????

6 hours ago, ArkP1 said:

Mostly I agree. I only really take exception with the yuty, as I have found it to be one of the best tames for PvP

While it’s usually only utilized in PvE or boss fights, in PvP it can disorient a flyer, call wild creatures to its aid, and buff any and all of your other dinos. Essentially, the yuty has the ability to make any tame you have better. This is the reason it has always required a golden egg to tame. In many ways it is the most OP dino in the game because it can buff other OP dinos. 

The golden egg mechanic is ridiculous, but it made sense for a dino with the abilities a yuty has. It also made sense because it was only one dino and it’s not unreasonable to obtain enough golden eggs for one tame, one time. What is completely, totally and utterly unreasonable is requiring players to obtain golden eggs for the other creatures on the extraordinary kibble list (especially non-breedable tames) while a giga is as easy to kibble tame as a rex or bronto. 

The golden egg is also completely out of balance from the other eggs on the list. While wyvern and drake eggs may be somewhat difficult to obtain, they are already a part of normal play. If a player retrieves either a wyv or drake egg, they stand to gain a very high-powered tame, or at the least the highest tier kibble. All this with some actual fun or exciting gameplay. With the golden egg, all other activities must cease while the player is forced to focus on fishing a hesperornis exclusively (boring), it has only one valuable purpose, you may only receive a normal egg, and it has a rapid decay timer. It places more inconvenience and effort on island players than the other maps, and there is no alternative use for it. Additionally, hesperornis do not appear to spawn on Extinction, nor do wyv or drake eggs. 

The new kibble system seems rushed, lacks the logical progression of the previous system, and seems very poorly thought out. The stews should be removed from the kibble recipes, an additional tier should exist between exceptional and extraordinary, and only the giga, yuty and maybe the rock elemental should be in the highest tier. 

Ill admit my view on the yuty is mostly pve, it does hav some serious pvp use but i look down on pvp because the mentality of it is sickening.  Pvp is for people who lik to harm others pr make others lives hell for no reason except their own personal gain.  Its comparable to kindergarten and some1 building a lil block castle ect and some spoiled brat that needs spanked runs over and kicks it down.  Pvp childish and its the same bully mentality that causes school shootings and suicides.  Im not talking against ark, im talking against the players.  For the few pvpers out there that dont do this crap, lik nooblets, i commend u but then for those servers ur yuty would b mainly pve focused lik mine.  Thus the yuty goes back to 1 use again.  All said i can deal with the yuty in this tier.

I agree completely

I agree completely 

Since the mosa required the same kibble as the giga b4 plus it has the same high torpor drain and its the strongest kibble tamed aquatic dino i think it may deserve a lift too.  Iv never tamed a mana but its probably the best "flier".  It would round out the best of the best, air land sea thing.

56 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ill admit my view on the yuty is mostly pve, it does hav some serious pvp use but i look down on pvp because the mentality of it is sickening.  Pvp is for people who lik to harm others pr make others lives hell for no reason except their own personal gain.  Its comparable to kindergarten and some1 building a lil block castle ect and some spoiled brat that needs spanked runs over and kicks it down.  Pvp childish and its the same bully mentality that causes school shootings and suicides.  Im not talking against ark, im talking against the players.  For the few pvpers out there that dont do this crap, lik nooblets, i commend u but then for those servers ur yuty would b mainly pve focused lik mine.  Thus the yuty goes back to 1 use again.  All said i can deal with the yuty in this tier.

I agree completely

I agree completely 

Since the mosa required the same kibble as the giga b4 plus it has the same high torpor drain and its the strongest kibble tamed aquatic dino i think it may deserve a lift too.  Iv never tamed a mana but its probably the best "flier".  It would round out the best of the best, air land sea thing.

I wouldnt call the mana the best flier. Lately ive been having a bug (one that completly made me abandon manas) where that stupid creatures does the mini boost foward on its own every raptoring goddamn time i jump or go down a cliff.

Its been happening since the latest update and also everytime it starts doing that my game starts to crash nonstop

Edited by TNTKiller2001

1 hour ago, TNTKiller2001 said:

I wouldnt call the mana the best flier. Lately ive been having a bug (one that completly made me abandon manas) where that stupid creatures does the mini boost foward on its own every raptoring goddamn time i jump or go down a cliff.

Its been happening since the latest update and also everytime it starts doing that my game starts to crash nonstop

Ouch, that sounds annoying as heck.  That said is its ability worthy of best without the bugs being considered?  Just curious of ur view on them.

13 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ouch, that sounds annoying as heck.  That said is its ability worthy of best without the bugs being considered?  Just curious of ur view on them.

They are pretty good without bugs. Me and a friend killed the desert titan with manas before the update. Really easy fight, took a bit since it was only 2 manas tho

With the change to Kibble why did you not wipe some of the servers and create new Servers? PvE and PvP? Mainly PvE the whole reason people wanted this change was the fact that servers were capped within 2 weeks on PvE servers due to the requirements of the kibble tree along with people spawning mass rafts, With these changes PvE servers will actually be playable because lets be real, You're never going to fix meshing to make PvP enjoyable.

So release fresh servers!