Community Crunch 172: Developer Stream Roundup and Switch Server Maintenance!

Jen

The commentary on how things are working now gives me a lot more confidence. I'm not especially caring about the grandiose story plans or alien stuff (you should just go ahead and make a separate alien-world game if that's what you want to do), but hearing that you've always got at least one dev on bug fixes and issues is very reassuring. 

14 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

The extraordinary kibble tier is for creatures based on their abilities/game mechanics, not their worth. Worthiness is subjective, abilities are factual.

And their abilities, tho unique, are still not that great.  Thylas tree climbing ability is a scout skill mainly to scale cliffs and so on.  Every bird is a better scout because u get a literal birds eye view.  Even stupid big dinos r better scouts for reasons i already mentioned.  These abilities r cool but not really awesome in the grand scheme of things.  Simply put any of these dinos in front of a giga or mosa, u learn very quickly these lil tricks hav lil worth.  Frankly no matter what situation ur in theres a better option available to these dinos(Exception of small rare roles).  The best kibble should b for the best.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:41 AM, Onimusha759 said:

I recommend a fanboy intervention for u.  Theres no way u can say any of those 4 creatures r more deserving then a giga or mosa for the ultimate kibble.  Iv already proven i understand these game mechanics rather well and stated other better options.  Best kibble should b for the best dinos.  Can u tell me how its better to fly and shoot tame something over the security of a trap?  Can u explain how a griffin can out combat a wyvern?  Can any of these creatures kill or go faster then a giga?  The giga is the 3rd fastest land mount in the game, tested and proved on YT.  The ability to climb walls is still nothing to flight except where u cant fly, being those 2 caves.  Spino is faster and more powerful and safer, yet the thyla who i would hardly use because its out done so much is considered mor valuable then this clearly superior creature.  Im a solo player, i do everything alone/without a tribe.  The fact iv beat every map soloinng it proves i know what im doing.  Everything is harder solo so im probably more adept at most things then u.  The fact ud rather insult me then discredit anything i said/hav a legit discussion how they r better is because u cant.  Now unless u can back up anything u said with actual facts and reasoning id prefer u dont reply.

I used to be a solo player as well and the only map that i didnt defeat the bosses was abereation (and extinction since it didnt existed at the time). Gigas can be strong and fast but their uses are very limited, same for the mosas. With griffins and thylas you can do so much more stuff than with a giga. I see ppl using rock elementals to soak turrets in PVP, have you ever seen a giga been used to do anything than just finishing off a raid?

Edited by TNTKiller2001

15 hours ago, TNTKiller2001 said:

I used to be a solo player as well and the only map that i didnt defeat the bosses was abereation (and extinction since it didnt existed at the time). Gigas can be strong and fast but their uses are very limited, same for the mosas. With griffins and thylas you can do so much more stuff than with a giga. I see ppl using rock elementals to soak turrets in PVP, have you ever seen a giga been used to do anything than just finishing off a raid?

So purely a pvp viewpoint then?  The giga has enough health that it could b used for that if setup properly with the added bonus of being able to shred things.  The only thing a griffin has over a giga is shooting from the sky to tame things.  I can effectively stand on my giga and shoot things from safety as well as run them down with a bonus of no stamina problem forcing me to land and the added bonus nothing wants to eat me when i land.  For yhe mosa underwater bases r starting to b a thing now right?  Wouldnt the mosa b a hard hitting dmg soaker for raiding those bases?

15 hours ago, TNTKiller2001 said:

Thank you

To @SaltyMonkey reasoning, so u guys r saying gimmicks r worth more then practicality.  So by ur reasoning the terror bird deserves to b an extraordinary kibble dino because it can glide some or the archie because it glides and works as a parachute.  If ur argument is no they dont deserve that because theres items for that then neither does the thyla or megalania because of the climbing pick.  Practicality says the ultimate kibble should b for something all round useful as well as being a bad A.  U also speak of limited use, the thyla has 1 practical use and thats cave looting so its just as worthless as a giga rex or spino.  Considering rexes are the established arena fighters, spinos r actually superior to rexes now for arena battles tho no one wants to go thru all that trouble again setting up breed lines, and the giga can participate in boss battles now id say all 3 hav practical worth plus that extra exclusive use u all consider to b so special.  And since we're talking about how special gimmicks are lets not forget the gigas insanely powerful rage.

My issue is the creatures they chose for the ultimate kibble dont deserve the effort of the kibble or even the "honor" of being labelled the best.  Its a big joke.  This should b rather obvious if u read my previous posts because ive said it multiple times.  Its not progressive which was a major reason why the rework was wanted to begin with.  It seems like a waste of resources for something ive already surpassed when i get to that point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

I am similarly confused as salty.

Onimusha, if you think the last kibble tier dino's are useless why are you complaining? Sounds like you will never tame them, if that's the case then the difficulty of the last tier won't effect you. Making the second to last tier -your- last tier. Which is relatively easy to obtain.

Personally, the way I see the end game being played the Yuty's buff (+25% to melee of your dinos, I believe) is -HUGE-. Without it you would be forced to spend that much more time breeding for mutations. In other PvE games I've played these buffs are essential to being able to beat encounters. I don't see this being any different. I see spending the time it now takes to tame a Yuty as an easy trade off to being able to finish the PvE game.

I agree the giga should be in the last tier. The ease of gathering meat brings you into the realm of being able to mass raise meat eating dinos. Regardless of not being able to be used in the PvE end game I think the giga is well worth the effort of being in last tier. 

Thyla's are useful, but not on the same level as giga/yuty. I would value them at slightly less than rexes, but maybe still worthy of being in the same tier.

I can't speak to griphons as I've mostly played on center/island. Only ever gone to Rag to collect loot from desert crates(which I didn't need to ascend or bet the bosses for, as I haven't yet).

As a side note, those of you who complained about titanaboa eggs being not worthy of last tier tames, I hope you enjoy laying in the bed you made.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nuggie said:

I am similarly confused as salty.

Onimusha, if you think the last kibble tier dino's are useless why are you complaining? Sounds like you will never tame them, if that's the case then the difficulty of the last tier won't effect you. Making the second to last tier -your- last tier. Which is relatively easy to obtain.

Personally, the way I see the end game being played the Yuty's buff (+25% to melee of your dinos, I believe) is -HUGE-. Without it you would be forced to spend that much more time breeding for mutations. In other PvE games I've played these buffs are essential to being able to beat encounters. I don't see this being any different. I see spending the time it now takes to tame a Yuty as an easy trade off to being able to finish the PvE game.

I agree the giga should be in the last tier. The ease of gathering meat brings you into the realm of being able to mass raise meat eating dinos. Regardless of not being able to be used in the PvE end game I think the giga is well worth the effort of being in last tier. 

Thyla's are useful, but not on the same level as giga/yuty. I would value them at slightly less than rexes, but maybe still worthy of being in the same tier.

I can't speak to griphons as I've mostly played on center/island. Only ever gone to Rag to collect loot from desert crates(which I didn't need to ascend or bet the bosses for, as I haven't yet).

As a side note, those of you who complained about titanaboa eggs being not worthy of last tier tames, I hope you enjoy laying in the bed you made.

Thats the thing tho, i want to take part in the endgame kibble, tames, ect.  I also want to tame everything on every map.

The yuty is a must for boss battles, i kno this, but outside of that 1 use its a dud.  Just like thylas hav 1 use, theyre ur means to ur boss saddles possibly.  But 1 use that u use only rarely doesnt exactly seem special.  I could say good for me, no need, but id rather it b built better for everyone...Not to mention i still want to collect them.

As for the boa eggs, they still b easier then these golden eggs.

My other beef is the progression seems off badly.  Once im riding a wyvern im probably not going back to a griffin.  Once i have a wyvern or giga ect im not gonna b riding a thyla 99.9% of the time.  Y, because im already riding something better before im even making this kibble.  Thats just wrong, and to some degree u understand what im saying because what u said about the thyla.

Edited by Onimusha759
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DavidLodge said:

It is from my understanding that you guys tend to ignore paying customers but is there any plans to optimize the game for the glaring performance issues on Xbox Official servers? 

Paying customers? Unofficial server hosts are the only paying customers of this game. Buying something once does not make you a paying customer, paying a continuous fee does.

Edited by SaltyMonkey

On 3/13/2019 at 9:48 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

Practically all creatures have the kill mechanic. The Giga is 1 of 4 creatures that has the bleed effect.

Have you ever actually played the game? A giga can easily kill anything on the extraordinary kibble list, bleed effect or not. The giga is the most OP tame in the game and now it’s the same tier as a bronto and rex. 

1 hour ago, ArkP1 said:

Have you ever actually played the game? A giga can easily kill anything on the extraordinary kibble list, bleed effect or not. The giga is the most OP tame in the game and now it’s the same tier as a bronto and rex. 

No I’ve never actually played, I just comment here to past the time /s

23 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Thats the thing tho, i want to take part in the endgame kibble, tames, ect.  I also want to tame everything on every map.

The yuty is a must for boss battles, i kno this, but outside of that 1 use its a dud.  Just like thylas hav 1 use, theyre ur means to ur boss saddles possibly.  But 1 use that u use only rarely doesnt exactly seem special.  I could say good for me, no need, but id rather it b built better for everyone...Not to mention i still want to collect them.

As for the boa eggs, they still b easier then these golden eggs.

My other beef is the progression seems off badly.  Once im riding a wyvern im probably not going back to a griffin.  Once i have a wyvern or giga ect im not gonna b riding a thyla 99.9% of the time.  Y, because im already riding something better before im even making this kibble.  Thats just wrong, and to some degree u understand what im saying because what u said about the thyla.

Mostly I agree. I only really take exception with the yuty, as I have found it to be one of the best tames for PvP

While it’s usually only utilized in PvE or boss fights, in PvP it can disorient a flyer, call wild creatures to its aid, and buff any and all of your other dinos. Essentially, the yuty has the ability to make any tame you have better. This is the reason it has always required a golden egg to tame. In many ways it is the most OP dino in the game because it can buff other OP dinos. 

The golden egg mechanic is ridiculous, but it made sense for a dino with the abilities a yuty has. It also made sense because it was only one dino and it’s not unreasonable to obtain enough golden eggs for one tame, one time. What is completely, totally and utterly unreasonable is requiring players to obtain golden eggs for the other creatures on the extraordinary kibble list (especially non-breedable tames) while a giga is as easy to kibble tame as a rex or bronto. 

The golden egg is also completely out of balance from the other eggs on the list. While wyvern and drake eggs may be somewhat difficult to obtain, they are already a part of normal play. If a player retrieves either a wyv or drake egg, they stand to gain a very high-powered tame, or at the least the highest tier kibble. All this with some actual fun or exciting gameplay. With the golden egg, all other activities must cease while the player is forced to focus on fishing a hesperornis exclusively (boring), it has only one valuable purpose, you may only receive a normal egg, and it has a rapid decay timer. It places more inconvenience and effort on island players than the other maps, and there is no alternative use for it. Additionally, hesperornis do not appear to spawn on Extinction, nor do wyv or drake eggs. 

The new kibble system seems rushed, lacks the logical progression of the previous system, and seems very poorly thought out. The stews should be removed from the kibble recipes, an additional tier should exist between exceptional and extraordinary, and only the giga, yuty and maybe the rock elemental should be in the highest tier. 

• Thanks 1