Community Crunch 172: Developer Stream Roundup and Switch Server Maintenance!

Jen

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

I agree that the golden eggs requirement on the island is a PITA, but I think you are referencing the extinction kibble recipes cause the island version of extraordinary does not require cooked lamb and therefore no slaughtering ovis.

They’ve changed it again. I’ve made 5 extraordinary kibbles, because I wanted to experience it myself before being too critical. It wasn’t worth it and I got fed up and logged off early, which is something I never wanted to do on Ark before. The recipe required mutton and was made with mutton within the last 2 days, using a working dododex recipe.

I have never made Lazarus chowder (I see is the new ingredient), but looking at the recipe, it’s even worse (or at best, the same) than the chili for players that are going to have to stand at a regular cooking pot for a long time until they unlock the industrial cooker. It actually makes a tiny bit of sense for a stew to be included in the Extraordinary kibble, but not the Exceptional kibble, and Gigas should not be tameable with Exceptional kibble, nor should Thylas and Griffins require Extraordinary. The ONLY dinos that make sense for the Extraordinary kibble are Yutys and Gigas. Not even the Rock Elementals make sense, because they were already difficult enough given they required cannonballs and Mantis eggs, which only tame with Deathworm horn and hardly ever lay an egg. 

The new kibbles do not add challenge, unless they are intended to challenge a player’s patience and make the game frustrating and hard to enjoy. I really don’t understand the kibble rework . They took a perfectly progressive well-thought out system and ruined it for no reason. If they were concerned about adding new creatures, they could have just added the augmented kibble recipes for new and future creatures only and kept the old system for everything else. The augmented would even be a good replacement for imprinting. In the long run, it’s not going to reduce the number of dinos on a server in any way, because people are just keeping different dinos out, not less. It wasn’t really complicated if they assigned augmented to new creatures, and kept an existing/working system that was already established for other creatures. As far as the recipes they can’t get right, why didn’t they just have tek dinos drop the missing ingredients (gems, sap, etc.)

Btw, what happened to tek dinos dropping meat and hide? Aren’t they supposed to be mutations from exposure to Element, not robots?

I don’t know anything about what’s going on with WC, but it seems like they’ve got people coming in and changing things that do not realize, understand or appreciate how well this game was crafted. If they didn’t like how things were arranged, they didn’t have any business becoming a part of it. 

• Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, Pookina said:

Can you change Extraordinary Kibble back to titanboa eggs? Some players don't have access to drake or wyvern eggs and golden hesperornis eggs are extremely rare. This makes taming those creatures that take this kibble impossible as they take so much for a decent level.

just go on rag stoopid

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, modufer said:

just go on rag stoopid

I don’t think a player can go to Ragnarok without ascending or entering a cheat code. 

Maybe they should just remove the wyvern egg from the Extraordinary kibble and you can just use a hesperornis like players on the island. Obviously you see an imbalance in the difficulty and time between obtaining one vs the other. Players shouldn’t have to go to another map to obtain a resource that is used on their native map.

3 hours ago, ArkP1 said:

They’ve changed it again. I’ve made 5 extraordinary kibbles, because I wanted to experience it myself before being too critical. It wasn’t worth it and I got fed up and logged off early, which is something I never wanted to do on Ark before. The recipe required mutton and was made with mutton within the last 2 days, using a working dododex recipe.

The recipe hasn't changed.  You were just making the Extraordinary Augmented Kibble, which was introduced with Extinction.  Different item.

I don't disagree that the Extraordinary Kibble tier as a whole is completely borked for multiple reasons, though, as I've said more than once in the thread for the kibble rework beta.

I was hopping to be able to flip things upside down like the pc mod s+ its just new pieces.. but features from the original s* are not there that got me app exited in the first place.  also more detective things for our bases would be nice..like in primitive plus. also I noticed the characters on atles look different then ark are you going to put it in ark too?  also after your done vexing the bugs in the game are you going to add any of the other sponsored mods? the titans also crash servers and make it lag so no one can do anything. fixing the way people paint there bases would be nice. the spray painter cant get everything.. 

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Err, you can go to ragnarok at any point.

What’s the point of Ragnarok, as an endgame map then? I was under the impression that Gamma ascension unlocked The Center and Beta or higher unlocked Ragnarok.

Padlock symbols appeared on both of those maps for me until I defeated the bosses and tek cave on single player. I even lost a PvP character because I accidentally transferred a character to a Rag server, it booted me out and wouldn’t ever let me log into it.

1 hour ago, InfernoRodan said:

The recipe hasn't changed.  You were just making the Extraordinary Augmented Kibble, which was introduced with Extinction.  Different item.

I don't disagree that the Extraordinary Kibble tier as a whole is completely borked for multiple reasons, though, as I've said more than once in the thread for the kibble rework beta.

The recipe changed on Dododex. Apparently I made all the augmented kibbles, but they seem to work as the new kibbles because I’ve used them to imprint. That makes it a bit more annoying that I’m hearing what little Allo kib I already had made won’t work to tame a Griffin or Tape, but the other crappy recipes work fine. That’s part of the problem, though. It’s such a code to find anything out. 

Where are the official recipes, and where can I find out (for sure) whether the old premade kibbles will work for their previous designation? All I saw posted when they sprung the new recipes was a messy list of which creatures produced which kibble egg and which they preferred. I’ve relied on the Dododex for recipes, and posts by users here. 

10 hours ago, TNTKiller2001 said:

The only one that is not worth accepting in this tier is the megalania. Griffins are the only flyers that you can shoot of their back, Thyla are powerful and an extremely good mount for travelling, Yutis are very important for boss fights and Rock Golems are beasts for soaking turrets

Ur kidding right, the thyla is just as worthless as the megalania.  Their only purpose is to get a baby inside the snow/ice caves so u can loot em.  Outside of that they hav nearly 0 use.  If i wana get around i fly or use a spino.  Either way its outclassed massively.  As for other caves u should use a bary to deal with the water unless ur still looting and avoiding fights.

The yuty, outside of boss battles this creature is worthless and from wat i hear the majority of the playerbase is unable to do boss battles because of the massive time sink involved in breeding a boss team.  Therefore to the majority of the playerbase the yuty is also worthless.

The griffin, i wont argue being able 2 shoot while riding is nice and all(It definitely is more deserving then the previous creatures) but u hav to think tho, a griffin really superior then the wyverns ur using to craft the kibble?  The answer is an obvious h no.  Outside of taming the griffin has nothing over a wyvern or argy really.  Then most taming is best done in a trap then out in the field which lowers the use of the griffin massively.  What u find it more cost effective to bazooka that rex instead of using anything from the exceptional teir or a wyvern?  Doubtful.

All of these creatures r out done b4 ur even at their kibble teir and they hav to lil use to merit this lvl of kibble.  An extraordinary creature should b awesome 100% of the time and an endgame creature.  It should not b a creature that is used rarely with 1 small purpose and it most definitely should not b getting outclassed by half of the other available creatures in most of its abilities.  Example most things kill better then a thyla, as for traversal, every bird is still flying and therefore a better scout.  Heck even a more tanky creature lik rex and spino has advantages over it because nothing wants to attack it plus they can get around at decent speeds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

What’s the point of Ragnarok, as an endgame map then? I was under the impression that Gamma ascension unlocked The Center and Beta or higher unlocked Ragnarok.

It's a mod, not an official map. There's not supposed to be a point.

Nope. You can simply start the map you want. Weird you had that problem.

Edit: The old kibble works to tame. You can use Kairuku kibble to tame a dodo for example.

Edited by Atlantis

10 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Edit: The old kibble works to tame. You can use Kairuku kibble to tame a dodo for example.

Ragnarok was a mod, but then an official version was adopted. One of my other accounts reveals this message:

“You Need To Ascend Before Accessing This Ark.”

Also, the Kairuku kibble was not for taming dodos. Dodos previously had no kibble. If the old kibbles work as their previous designation, Kairuku kibble would work to tame an Angler.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

The map thing is a lie, u hav to beta ascend before u can play rag unless theyve changed it since i beta ascended b4.

13 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

Padlock symbols appeared on both of those maps for me until I defeated the bosses and tek cave on single player. I even lost a PvP character because I accidentally transferred a character to a Rag server, it booted me out and wouldn’t ever let me log into it.

The recipe changed on Dododex. Apparently I made all the augmented kibbles, but they seem to work as the new kibbles because I’ve used them to imprint. That makes it a bit more annoying that I’m hearing what little Allo kib I already had made won’t work to tame a Griffin or Tape, but the other crappy recipes work fine. That’s part of the problem, though. It’s such a code to find anything out. 

Where are the official recipes, and where can I find out (for sure) whether the old premade kibbles will work for their previous designation? All I saw posted when they sprung the new recipes was a messy list of which creatures produced which kibble egg and which they preferred. I’ve relied on the Dododex for recipes, and posts by users here. 

I feel ur pain because so much was unexplained or still seems uncertain.  From what i hear the old kibble still works but is uncraftable now.  As for rag it is the most awesome map in the game.  I love the center and rag is lik the center and scorched fused together with some extra goodies.  Its the map im gona b living on mainly.

3 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

Ragnarok was a mod, but then an official version was adopted. One of my other accounts reveals this message:

“You Need To Ascend Before Accessing This Ark.”

Also, the Kairuku kibble was not for taming dodos. Dodos previously had no kibble. If the old kibbles work as their previous designation, Kairuku kibble would work to tame an Angler.

Maybe, but it's not part of the story.

I don't have a 2nd account to test that. I didn't ascend when I started on Ragnarok tho.

I know that. Just saying it doesn't work as they did previously, you need to use the new kibble. For Anglers you now need to use regular kibble. But any regular you had from before works (like anky).

3 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ur kidding right, the thyla is just as worthless as the megalania.  Their only purpose is to get a baby inside the snow/ice caves so u can loot em.  Outside of that they hav nearly 0 use.  If i wana get around i fly or use a spino.  Either way its outclassed massively.  As for other caves u should use a bary to deal with the water unless ur still looting and avoiding fights.

The yuty, outside of boss battles this creature is worthless and from wat i hear the majority of the playerbase is unable to do boss battles because of the massive time sink involved in breeding a boss team.  Therefore to the majority of the playerbase the yuty is also worthless.

The griffin, i wont argue being able 2 shoot while riding is nice and all(It definitely is more deserving then the previous creatures) but u hav to think tho, a griffin really superior then the wyverns ur using to craft the kibble?  The answer is an obvious h no.  Outside of taming the griffin has nothing over a wyvern or argy really.  Then most taming is best done in a trap then out in the field which lowers the use of the griffin massively.  What u find it more cost effective to bazooka that rex instead of using anything from the exceptional teir or a wyvern?  Doubtful.

All of these creatures r out done b4 ur even at their kibble teir and they hav to lil use to merit this lvl of kibble.  An extraordinary creature should b awesome 100% of the time and an endgame creature.  It should not b a creature that is used rarely with 1 small purpose and it most definitely should not b getting outclassed by half of the other available creatures in most of its abilities.  Example most things kill better then a thyla, as for traversal, every bird is still flying and therefore a better scout.  Heck even a more tanky creature lik rex and spino has advantages over it because nothing wants to attack it plus they can get around at decent speeds

I recommend a "How to play ARK and creatures benefits" session for you

55 minutes ago, TNTKiller2001 said:

I recommend a "How to play ARK and creatures benefits" session for you

I recommend a fanboy intervention for u.  Theres no way u can say any of those 4 creatures r more deserving then a giga or mosa for the ultimate kibble.  Iv already proven i understand these game mechanics rather well and stated other better options.  Best kibble should b for the best dinos.  Can u tell me how its better to fly and shoot tame something over the security of a trap?  Can u explain how a griffin can out combat a wyvern?  Can any of these creatures kill or go faster then a giga?  The giga is the 3rd fastest land mount in the game, tested and proved on YT.  The ability to climb walls is still nothing to flight except where u cant fly, being those 2 caves.  Spino is faster and more powerful and safer, yet the thyla who i would hardly use because its out done so much is considered mor valuable then this clearly superior creature.  Im a solo player, i do everything alone/without a tribe.  The fact iv beat every map soloinng it proves i know what im doing.  Everything is harder solo so im probably more adept at most things then u.  The fact ud rather insult me then discredit anything i said/hav a legit discussion how they r better is because u cant.  Now unless u can back up anything u said with actual facts and reasoning id prefer u dont reply.

Edited by Onimusha759

4 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

I recommend a fanboy intervention for u.  Theres no way u can say any of those 4 creatures r more deserving then a giga or mosa for the ultimate kibble.  Iv already proven i understand these game mechanics rather well and stated other better options.  Best kibble should b for the best dinos.  Can u tell me how its better to fly and shoot tame something over the security of a trap?  Can u explain how a griffin can out combat a wyvern?  Can any of these creatures kill or go faster then a giga?  The giga is the 3rd fastest land mount in the game, tested and proved on YT.  The ability to climb walls is still nothing to flight except where u cant fly, being those 2 caves.  Spino is faster and more powerful and safer, yet the thyla who i would hardly use because its out done so much is considered mor valuable then this clearly superior creature.  Im a solo player, i do everything alone/without a tribe.  The fact iv beat every map soloinng it proves i know what im doing.  Everything is harder solo so im probably more adept at most things then u.  The fact ud rather insult me then discredit anything i said/hav a legit discussion how they r better is because u cant.  Now unless u can back up anything u said with actual facts and reasoning id prefer u dont reply.

The extraordinary kibble tier is for creatures based on their abilities/game mechanics, not their worth. Worthiness is subjective, abilities are factual.

• Thanks 1

Hello, I'm new to the fact that the game after such a time is not a mockery to kill me dinozałr 5-10 level when I'm on 78 super but the last update is already passed the eggs themselves, 1 kettle is 2 dryer miens 3 is just the beginning . Where are the info with the broken egg which dinosaur has what zero info. Tagra was a test for the purchase of Atlas and as you think a test passed ................... in life I will not buy a new game from you with an early access since you can not control the word this write by Google tranzlator