i got robbed and lost around 400 dino's

Vamanos

On 3/19/2019 at 3:22 PM, GreenRoc said:

In my journeys in life and online for the last 41 years, most people I meet are cruel to me, or reject me. There are few rare gems of people out there I get along with, who are kind to me.

The amount of pain that this game has already caused me irl from stress, PTSD reminders, and my possibility of getting MS from stress, no game is worth that kind of damage. I have other RL friends who have seen my mood, my emotions, in reaction to expeirences in Ark Official. These real life friends, along with numerous internet friends who wont play any form of public servers, I am encouraged to not play Ark Official, and I find myself happier without Ark Official, and they are happier for me as well.

Edits: This thread isnt my own, I dont want to be mistaken for hijacking, I am replying to a comment in my notifications, so much more I have typed, but later removed because I dont want to bother people with typing more details about my experiences and opinions.

To have the ability to restore lost dinos, like a backup of tames in case things go wrong (as often things do go wrong, even lost characters) I feel would be great to have with this game, a backup to preserve and restore lost tames, not just in taxidermy forms. More acute locks on storage, and stop letting other non-tribemates be able to turn off forges etc. It's just silly imo that hasn't been fixed yet either.

Lets Start Here:

The amount of pain that this game has already caused me irl from stress, PTSD reminders, and my possibility of getting MS from stress, no game is worth that kind of damage. I have other RL friends who have seen my mood, my emotions, in reaction to expeirences in Ark Official. These real life friends, along with numerous internet friends who wont play any form of public servers, I am encouraged to not play Ark Official, and I find myself happier without Ark Official, and they are happier for me as well.

That is a lot of negativity from what should be entertainment delivered through dilemmas, obstacles, and challenges --

I read this and comments alike from some players and I will never get nor understand it; I just can't bring myself to understand it. This title has entertained me in ways that other studios have failed. Additionally; the title is starting to fail in this regard (since aberration) because the difficulty has seen quiet the noobification. Simply stated -- the company is interested in satisfying the purchaser.

Survey, Studio Wildcard, Twitter, During Aberrations Development: "What is your favorite tribe size? Small, Medium, Large, or Mega." where most players chose 'Medium" which is 5-10 players in a tribe. Aberration was released and in doing so the Island became a depreciated place to farm and to play.

My hours match my efforts to pursuit my will : This game is dying to me. 'QoL' appears to be no more then an excuse for the title to commit suicide just as other titles and all titles continue to do. I do not want this game to do this. I do not want to be complete with this game. I linger while playing this title despite that I have cleared it A-Z on both PvE and PvP. That is 6,000 hours spent on a title.

-- Dare I claim that I did not enjoy them?

To have the ability to restore lost dinos, like a backup of tames in case things go wrong (as often things do go wrong, even lost characters) I feel would be great to have with this game, a backup to preserve and restore lost tames, not just in taxidermy forms. More acute locks on storage, and stop letting other non-tribemates be able to turn off forges etc. It's just silly imo that hasn't been fixed yet either.

• Extinction, Cryofridges, a Response to Tame Cap -- The cryopods work in caves, Allow players to transfer server-to-server easier. Keeps the spoilage going' and we're no longer scared of a trough that is dry.  You can bring a giga to overseer now. Snow cave is as simple as freezing a few-theriz w/ a small group of players. This changed a lot. Whenever I raided snow-cave I spent 3-5 days raising creatures inside of it.

• Extinction, Element Dust, Element Veins, Element Abundance -- These completely revamped element farms in a way that was needed. I mean left-clicks do get old. This is pretty much all the element farms on the other maps had turned into. We waltzed into this game wanting to boss fight, cleared the boss, unlocked the tek-replicator, and then we were told by the devs "now do it 10x over." in order to reap the reward of being able to craft that unlock.

• Extinction, Snow Owl, Element Farms - Lets not forget the work (previously) that went into serious element farms on the island. I ran x50 beehives under my base (rare flowers) in order to farm Alpha Broodmother 10 times over with therizinos. Back then-- we didn't have the snow owl. It was nothing that a rex could do.

• Homestead / Structures+ Modifications - These did not change what can be done in the world of ark but they made things easier to be done. I have built pretty-intricate structures with squares. Triangles weren't necessary. It is a good improvement on the players time though.

• Kibble Rework - Huge change in making kibble now; I find it easier. I find it easier because I mass-farm materials whenever I farm materials and supplies. Therein; the added ingredients for kibbles of type as opposed to kibbles for creature revamped the amount that I can keep stashed at any single instance. This changed things from "I can only tame what I have the kibbles for..." to "I have the kibbles for everything! I see a 150!".

• Bullbogs - Detect max level creatures for you; just in-case you go on left-click rampages or forgot your spyglass....

In my journeys in life and online for the last 41 years, most people I meet are cruel to me, or reject me. There are few rare gems of people out there I get along with, who are kind to me.

Ark was the first title that I ever purchased and ever played on the PC platform. I found entertainment in its difficulty. I spoke out for the OP in this thread. I spoke out against people who thrive off a mere 'chuckle' in order to feel 'entertained' for its malice. I am a study in both computer programming and law. Knowing that you are doing something wrong, hiding behind a terms of service, despite that the terms of service goes as far to state that players should exercise their best-judgement, despite that the title is about your will to exercise judgement (difficulty, maturity, complexity) is morally wrong. We all know (for its a matter of moral) when we're wrong. That I believe to be the ultimate T.o.S. violation (above and beyond anything else). Reason: It kills the title... Method: 'QoL'.

Additionally: 'In my journeys in life and online for the last 41 years, most people I meet are cruel to me, or reject me. There are few rare gems of people out there I get along with, who are kind to me.' expresses a lot -- My best advice is to live and interact with others through the senses of affirmation; guided by your will. It is healthier. It is simply good judgement.

Choose - that people are good, do good for the people, give good to the people, and prove the people to be good. In all situations that you encounter. Everything is a reaction. There are bad people -- but those come in few. 

WHERE I STAND WITH OP

I'm out for nothing with my reactions, up against no one with my reactions, and act against what is clearly defined as 'evil'. The OP expressed its sensation with this thread. It is the deliberate lack of judgement that shall anger all of those who can conceive the proposition (bias towards the matter). Meaning: we know when we're wrong. When one is willing too then one is capable of disregarding that knowledge too. (Re: Cryo-fridges as a materialized bounty; another thread or response that I had typed up after observing Chinese grievers.)

Note: What got me in the game was a friend of mine, he was actually quitting. He was pissed! He was in a huge tribe back on the legacy clusters and they just got wiped. Said: '3K hours, That was money well spent!' immediately after rage-quitting and venting. That sounds like a fun game to me. The purchase of Ark: Survival Evolved required the purchase of a graphics card too. I bought a GTX 1080... Paid about $800-900 on this game? 6k hours now. Worth it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, TenaciouaOldGuy said:

I play PVE because my internet is VERY bad where I currently am and I'm constantly lagging and timing out.   But I digress....

I had read early on that even though it's PVE, other players can mess with you and cause you headaches.  I guess this is one way I had casually thought of...  getting robbed.

Capture.thumb.PNG.4b4ccb45a5a90f6d817b312fa64c60ab.PNG

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/cheat

Yes: technically the OP is saying that he got cheated although the T.o.S. does not recognize this as a form of cheating -- hence 

Capture.thumb.PNG.451f08616a66077d31707f3bd5f62979.PNG

3 hours ago, ravenispurrty said:

entertainment delivered through dilemmas, obstacles, and challenges --

Such things do not entertain me, and irritate me instead. I am entertained by other content that Ark provides (details below next quote)

3 hours ago, ravenispurrty said:

I read this and comments alike from some players and I will never get nor understand it; I just can't bring myself to understand it.

I am hurt by adrenaline. Losing progress, getting attacked, jump scares, game avatar dying, all of which cause me physical unpleasantness, and I wish to avoid.

Ark is the most beautiful game I have ever seen. Eye candy is a strong pleasure for me, and I freaking love dinos, and controlling them, riding them, in much the same way I love mounts in World of Warcraft, I love controlling the movements. Ark has breeding, and building, harvesting, hoarding items, crafting, leveling up, and a multiplayer experience to share my game time with friends, as we help each other progress. Ark has numerous things I love about games. For over 12,000 hours since 2015, Ark has pleased me most of the time. The stuff I dont like about Ark, was like a thing I put up with, deal with, but still keep going, because the pro's outweigh the cons. It's like a bad addiction... I know its bad for me with the bad in it, but I still did it because of the joy it brought me.

I dont like losing progress, I dont like adrenaline rushes, I dont like getting attacked where I cant escape (i.e. Raptors and other loss of control effects). These things are in Official Ark, and I have removed as much as I can from my singleplayer experience. The downside is it is single player, it lacks the interaction with my friends.

I understand many people play games for the adrenaline rush, which gives them great pleasure, Ark does this for them. I understand.

I did my best to avoid that which I dont like. I did my best to stick with Official Ark as much as I could handle. Sometimes taking breaks up to 7 months long, because the stress this game caused me from the unwanted content.. I got back into it, because the eye candy (etc) and helping friends would be too much of a temptation, and I failed to resist.

I still play singleplayer, but I am better off healthwise to play something else. I crave helping friends, and singleplayer doesnt satisfy that craving. I am back into World of Warcraft, Minecraft (where hostiles are easily avoided), and Boundless as well, as they have eye candy (not as good as Ark's eye candy) and I can help friends in there. I dont lose my progress when my avatar dies in those games. with Minecraft, I play servers where you can easily recover your stuff, or keepInventory is set to true. WoW lacks custom building (I dont count garrisons), so I have the voxel games to top off my desires to build... Conan Exiles gives me that building pleasure as well, but it lacks dinos. I miss the dinos.

I am a minority with my interests it seems. I understand that certain games aren't for everyone. I'm hesitant to point out I have high Performing mild Autism (formerly known as Aspergers Syndrome) in fear I will be disbelieved or disregarded due to stigmas some have. But there, I said it.

Several of my friends approve of my leave of Official Ark, some are against games as a service (having never played Ark to begin with), and some just don't play public multiplayer whatsoever. My decision to leave official Ark comes as no surprise to some.

Leaving official Ark, I stand by this as a good choice for me. I still struggle to resist to this day, but am promptly reminded by memories of pain, and crying myself to sleep, that I need to avoid getting deeply involved (unless all the perils are removed or avoidable, which I highly doubt that will ever happen with Official Ark). Leaving Official Ark was not a decision I took lightly or made hastily. I am doing better, mentally, physically, since I left Official Ark. I still miss it, only returning to help my friend feed her tames when she is unable to, but no more Official Ark for me for any other reason. I am better off not being subjected to the emotional pains it caused me with it's uncontrollable aspects.

I miss the good that was there, but the cons outweigh the pro's for me.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, Balska said:

open a ticket on the support with most informations as possible, steam etc... they will help you (that's happened to one of my friends)

I really hope that Work for you, We all can be robbed any time, its really Hard to find honest People and yet We cant stop helping freeloaders who only play for a week at The most if You stop giving stuff , so We are part of the problem as Well. Unfourtanly not everyone  understand what pve means so much People play as it Was a pvp and The ones Who really play it as pve We must stand so much rude People. Sorry i over react lol.  

This confirms the rumors that ARK PVE is even more toxic than PVP.

Sadly every game community is plagued by a toxic core of no lifers, who are IRL failures relieving their negative energy online. No solution was found till now. Maybe if parents kicked their kids at 20 max instead of letting them camp in the basement with free food, then we'd have better gaming communities.

I'm sorry to hear about this. Unlike a lot other ppl I will give you another suggestion. I think you still should help ppl in ark if you like to do that. You can also still let them in to your tribe if that is what you want. But the suggestion I have then is to use more ranks in the tribe, I use attest 3 ranks. And I only give admin to ppl I know irl.

The rank 10 have access to everything and I have all my cryofridges and fridges with fert eggs inside in rank 10. Storage boxes with valuable materials I got rank 10 also gear and such. If I have harvest dinos I usually have a few in a rank 1 and rest rank 5. This way I protect my dinos and other stuffs from peoples bad intentions. So if I ever add a stranger in my tribe they get rank 0 max rank 2 that mean they only can use dinos and access boxes I have at rank 1 or 0 nothing els.

This is a way to do it if you want to help ppl but still protect yourself and your work.

Archived