i got robbed and lost around 400 dino's

Vamanos

47 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that insiding is not malicious. You are definitely a piece of 128px-Feces.png?version=141861edaee8bb8c if you do so. What I'm saying is that you cannot blame the devs or the GMs if a member of your tribe is taking dinos or items they owns. They are part of the tribe, this is technically their belongings too. If you invite random players, even if the intention is good and you just want to help them, you are taking a risk and have to assume the consequences and learn from it.

Also - that is more or less a governance thing; personal vs. tribe owned tames and structures. When things are tribe owned the board of administrators own everything (as an aggregate) and 9/10 times they are friendly with handing things down to leaving members (on PvE) so that they aren't SoL. 

Being part of a tribe owned governance means all is owned by the aggregate (board) as opposed to an individual person and that everything of the tribe is the decision of the aggregate as opposed to an individual. Most the time these tribes chatter on discord to figure out how to make their next move, rightful. 

Fe: I've kicked people but they left well compensated from the members who agreed on how we should go about it.

This game... no matter how much we try to DILO! it... omit from updates with gore... etc... It will always be rated 'M'. Its a very mature game. It kinda has an identity crises because it refrained from intense gore, it refrained from sexual content, it refrained from content that could be hazardous to a select audience; consequently this audience thinks that this 'M' rated game is safe when in truth... 

You have to be mature to understand it and do whats right. It could use some 'enhancements' and 'graphics' that enhances how it appeals to select its audience. There is a mature person in replacement for everyone that you lose. I mean - its of no coincidence that people start exhibiting judgement during the time that they get curious in regards to sexuality; and judgement is exactly what CoC asks for.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, ravenispurrty said:

Exactly - blame the player - file a ticket. CoC does say something about using your 'BEST Judgement' in all situations as opposed to 'NO judgement at all.'.

I will agree to a certain degree here. Submitting a ticket and reporting the incident might help GMs in case they are facing multiple reports with irrefutable evidences from different sources about the same individuals insiding tribes after tribes on PvE and they might decide to remove these players from the official network for benefiting the overall health of the community. However, expecting that "victims should be reimbursed with everything lost" as quoted above is ridiculous if you ask me. The way I see it is, let's say you meet random people in the street. They ask you if they can come to your place. You accept. They take advantage of the situation and steal some stuff from you. Would you call your landlord expecting him to reimburse what they took?

2 minutes ago, ravenispurrty said:

Also - that is more or less a governance thing; personal vs. tribe owned tames and structures. When things are tribe owned the board of administrators own everything (as an aggregate) and 9/10 times they are friendly with handing things down to leaving members (on PvE) so that they aren't SoL. 

Being part of a tribe owned governance means all is owned by the aggregate (board) as opposed to an individual person and that everything of the tribe is the decision of the aggregate as opposed to an individual. Most the time these tribes chatter on discord to figure out how to make their next move, rightful. 

Unless this changed in the past 3 months, you cannot cryogenize a creature that is personally owned by another player. So yes, personally owned might help prevent it. Although there are other methods that cannot be prevented as I mentioned above. Could the devs make it harder to inside? Possibly. Could they makes it without introducing exploits? Probably not. For example if they allow players to define who can damage structures of a certain rank it will definitely be abused in some way to have god mode structures just like it is the case with ORP and alliances on PvE, etc.

However, I still stand by my opinion that if you are inviting people you don't fully trust or don't know at all to your tribe and they are up to no good then that is definitely on you to assume.

39 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I will agree to a certain degree here. Submitting a ticket and reporting the incident might help GMs in case they are facing multiple reports with irrefutable evidences from different sources about the same individuals insiding tribes after tribes on PvE and they might decide to remove these players from the official network for benefiting the overall health of the community. However, expecting that "victims should be reimbursed with everything lost" as quoted above is ridiculous if you ask me. The way I see it is, let's say you meet random people in the street. They ask you if they can come to your place. You accept. They take advantage of the situation and steal some stuff from you. Would you call your landlord expecting him to reimburse what they took?

Unless this changed in the past 3 months, you cannot cryogenize a creature that is personally owned by another player. So yes, personally owned might help prevent it. Although there are other methods that cannot be prevented as I mentioned above. Could the devs make it harder to inside? Possibly. Could they makes it without introducing exploits? Probably not. For example if they allow players to define who can damage structures of a certain rank it will definitely be abused in some way to have god mode structures just like it is the case with ORP and alliances on PvE, etc.

However, I still stand by my opinion that if you are inviting people you don't fully trust or don't know at all to your tribe and they are up to no good then that is definitely on you to assume.

I am entirely with you on the victims position under the regard that they have been hurt; and so I think it too be a heart-felt statement. It sucks when we lose time. In truth, its not like the majority ran an excel spreadsheet log for absolutely everything they put in or checked out from their cryo fridges. There were 'the scrutinized' tribe rank locks that they could have applied to a room containing their fridges. 

@op - I emphasized 'scrutinized' for a reason, you should really be careful with group ranks as a tribe owner. When you run a full stack of people who are very-capable of running their own tribe and know the contents of the game just as well as you do... they are preposterous. They get in the way. They even get in the way of bobs learning to play. I've had a vault blown up by a vet who just wanted to save some guys wyverm. (that was funny). I gave him a high-5.... still... locks are __bad__.

We see the same in regards to position invincibleqc; that a person should fully trust someone that they are adding to their tribe. Here is where I don't think we see eye-to-eye on. I am a believer that few-men mean to do wrong. That the majority of us have a self-less agenda even if we are egoists. In that perspective- I understand trust to be default. I mean, if I can't trust you then you can't trust me. That means that all we have to take-some form of trust away from that (default) is the competence that another player demonstrates. The problem: fiends are not only rare but they are also competent. These guys knew d*** well what they were doing.

Its an ethic that those who lead large-groups have to follow: we have to believe that the people are good, do good for the people, give good to the people, in order to prove the people to be good. So don't worry--even if the developers don't do anything to the malicious groups they are ultimately earning of something even more unsatisfiable. Still; file a ticket. Its also statistics.

The game ultimately just needs to advertise itself to the appropriate community. It is an 'M' rated title while the forums bleep out profanity. The creatures in this title stand still and mate without any graphic. Their is no conduct of that kind from people to people. The people in the game do not bleed profusely. The creatures that do bleed do not really bleed graphically. The 'cheese' is the titles current appeal. While it doesn't have the appropriate content but asks for a mature audience (capable of using judgement) we get the things that we get... children, teenagers, and even adults that lack wisdom. A game of thrones touch to Ark: Survival Evolved would do the title so much good. Some gore would get rid of a lot of things in-game.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, ravenispurrty said:

When you run a full stack of people who are very-capable of running their own tribe and know the contents of the game just as well as you do... they are preposterous. They get in the way. They even get in the way of bobs learning to play.

I agree. Which is why all the tribe I ever owned everyone were admin with access to everything. If I have to lock stuff from you, then I don't trust you and we are not a good match to be apart of the same tribe.

18 minutes ago, ravenispurrty said:

We see the same in regards to position invincibleqc; that a person should fully trust someone that they are adding to their tribe. Here is where I don't think we see eye-to-eye on. I am a believer that few-men mean to do wrong. That the majority of us have a self-less agenda even if we are egoists. In that perspective- I understand trust to be default. I mean, if I can't trust you then you can't trust me.

I'm usually the opposite. I'm either neutral or suspicious at first (especially on internet where it is really hard to get a first impression about someone because let's be honest, an in-game avatar is not telling much about an individual) and you have to prove me that I can trust you the same way I have to prove you that you can trust me. I've seen and heard to many horror stories that giving my trust by default is a luxury I cannot afford. I personally got screwed big time by my first tribe on officials. My tribemates stopped playing for about a year, then came back and started over on a different map as they wanted to experiment a "raft only" game-play on The Center map which was brand new. Few months later, the owner of the tribe I was actively playing on randomly connected to the server while I was offline, removed my admin privileges, made unclaiming admin only and at the time cross-transfer was freshly released and they started transferring some of my creatures over their other server. We worked it out in the end, but that gave me a lesson and since then I only been owner of my own tribes. And recruiting for me is really not a simple process. I wouldn't have recruited players I didn't play with for a while. First starting by making alliance, and then eventually merging tribes after a while if everything worked out by itself.

8 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I agree. Which is why all the tribe I ever owned everyone were admin with access to everything. If I have to lock stuff from you, then I don't trust you and we are not a good match to be apart of the same tribe.

I'm usually the opposite. I'm either neutral or suspicious at first (especially on internet where it is really hard to get a first impression about someone because let's be honest, an in-game avatar is not telling much about an individual) and you have to prove me that I can trust you the same way I have to prove you that you can trust me. I've seen and heard to many horror stories that giving my trust by default is a luxury I cannot afford. I personally got screwed big time by my first tribe on officials. My tribemates stopped playing for about a year, then came back and started over on a different map as they wanted to experiment a "raft only" game-play on The Center map which was brand new. Few months later, the owner of the tribe I was actively playing on randomly connected to the server while I was offline, removed my admin privileges, made unclaiming admin only and at the time cross-transfer was freshly released and they started transferring some of my creatures over their other server. We worked it out in the end, but that gave me a lesson and since then I only been owner of my own tribes. And recruiting for me is really not a simple process. I wouldn't have recruited players I didn't play with for a while. First starting by making alliance, and then eventually merging tribes after a while if everything worked out by itself.

I think though both-principals lead to the same conclusion. leadership is risky; whether introverted or extroverted. We're going to experience challenges either way. It is actually one of the things that made the game so successful. Its includes both: make your way to the end game and the way you make your end-game. That zone... should not be judged. It is simply not a disease to guide or govern.

(by the way, we are kind of old, and because of age and tire we have gotten to the point that we are only recruiting people that we know. Most of my tribe came from 2015.). We've had a successful PvE and PvP experience with this title. We didn't stick/stay with PvP; especially after small tribes came out. We loved our alphas & megas. Our PvE tribe even scaled as if it was a PvP alpha at one point of time. 

Hairs are gray, contents getting old, tribe has settled. I keep trying to PvP again...... but I don't have that energy of 'new content.' or 'hard challenge' anymore.

On 3/11/2019 at 6:36 PM, Vaculity said:

Unfortunately, that is a fact in this kind of situation. Life isn't a bed of roses, mind you, and if all the community is all sweets and cakes to the loss of such thing, then people would be QQing everything that they ended up losing, not just PvP-wise.

Sometimes all it takes is for the community to be a sour grape or in a poor shape to make the person who had their losses, to learn from their costly mistakes.

The community is not in poor shape, we cannot allow ourselves to believe this as tribe leaders, this is because we have to guide and govern. I will agree that the task is really challenging at this point of time. Everyone is just about 'full' of ark after the completion of Extinctions DLC and that was pretty much the end of the season pass. Its sad - but there just maybe a thing of joining a game too late in with the rest of its player base.

Either way - we can't forget what made it happen. Tribes that believed the server is good, gave good to the server, did good for the server, and proved the server to be good brought us forth and carried everyone over to the end game. We did this because we had to on day #1.... The morale catastrophe in ark (what makes the good stuff good...) is that we don't have to anymore. end-game catastrophe. #AskKent...

Day 10,000.... let us not forget. 

@Vamanos, that sounds terrible.  I couldn't imagine what that would be like.  PvP in ARK is kinda dead right now unless you are in a Megatribe, and so PvE is full of the people who want a competitive style of ARK-gameplay.  These people show up and say whatever honeyed words they can to wedge themselves in somewhere, and then create chaos for fun, to get that rush of competitive gameplay.  As was mentioned earlier, some will solely blame you.  Some will solely blame the perpetrators.  @ravenispurrty explained though, at some point you have to trust others if you ever expect to gain the trust of people yourself.  You cannot be blamed for reaching out, and many will cite the absence of a hard-and-fast rule in the CoC as carte blanche to blame you solely.  Tribe-ranks SHOULD technically help you in this respect too if you take the time to set them up, but as @invincibleqc pointed out, when these individuals can make C4, all cryopodded dinos are suddenly up for grabs.  It's a bad situation regardless of blame.

Now the most poopty thing:  Submitting a ticket will most likely get you nothing back.  As pointed out though, a ticket will help the dev team see that in some way, this issue should be dealt with if possible.

26 minutes ago, TheDonn said:
  • you have to trust others if you ever expect to gain the trust of people yourself.
  • many will cite the absence of a hard-and-fast rule in the CoC as carte blanche to blame you solely

Perfect :) 

"This list is not exhaustive but represents clear guidelines for players to adhere to when playing on our Official Network. For something you’re unsure of, please use your best judgement. When in doubt, reach out to us here. Ensure you’re acting with some semblance of decency when conducting yourself on our Official Network."

Intentional Malice, Acting from the Will to Cheat Another Player Is Not Judgement. There was no question of 'right' or 'wrong' before making that decision to inside you.

Capture.thumb.PNG.adb8f94ede66d0da8c57016c4c98cc2e.PNG

2 hours ago, ravenispurrty said:

Exactly: there is the human element, which can be good or evil, that is what the CoC's are intended to address. 

Code of Conduct:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/code-of-conduct/&_fromLogin=1

Based on the Code of Conduct of Ark, what happened to the poster is legal in the game. If it is not legal, the Code of Conduct would state:

In PvE:

You are Not permitted to steal another player's or players' belongings when he or she or they join your tribe or when you join a tribe.

You are Not permitted to use the structures belonging to someone else with evil intent like joining a tribe to rob them while being under their roof.

Conducting yourselves in such a manner will result in your accounts being banned and your tribe and belongings and properties being confiscated and given to the tribe or player you trespassed upon. Everything you do in game is tracked and recorded and traceable so you will be prosecuted for your crimes without exception.

If these laws were in place in the game, somebody would think twice before doing stupid things.

It's very clear that the premise of the game is Survival and dinosaurs. And when playing with other humans, one ought to understand the game in that context. Dinosaurs and their eggs are important elements in the game and should be protected from egg thieves like Oviraptors and humans. Clearly there is no insurance against property loss from thieves or saboteurs or lag in the game so one would be extra careful in one's conduct with humans and with circumstances and situations in a Survival game involving dinosaurs and eggs with different levels of quality. So what happened to the poster is actually quite realistic in terms of gameplay in the Ark setting. The poster got robbed by dinosaur egg thieves. 

38 minutes ago, Gabriel388 said:

Code of Conduct:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/code-of-conduct/&_fromLogin=1

Based on the Code of Conduct of Ark, what happened to the poster is legal in the game. If it is not legal, the Code of Conduct would state:

In PvE:

You are Not permitted to steal another player's or players' belongings when he or she or they join your tribe or when you join a tribe.

You are Not permitted to use the structures belonging to someone else with evil intent like joining a tribe to rob them while being under their roof.

Conducting yourselves in such a manner will result in your accounts being banned and your tribe and belongings and properties being confiscated and given to the tribe or player you trespassed upon. Everything you do in game is tracked and recorded and traceable so you will be prosecuted for your crimes without exception.

If these laws were in place in the game, somebody would think twice before doing stupid things.

It's very clear that the premise of the game is Survival and dinosaurs. And when playing with other humans, one ought to understand the game in that context. Dinosaurs and their eggs are important elements in the game and should be protected from egg thieves like Oviraptors and humans. Clearly there is no insurance against property loss from thieves or saboteurs or lag in the game so one would be extra careful in one's conduct with humans and with circumstances and situations in a Survival game involving dinosaurs and eggs with different levels of quality. So what happened to the poster is actually quite realistic in terms of gameplay in the Ark setting. The poster got robbed by dinosaur egg thieves. 

Considering that the companies have choices in who they do business with (yes, its an american company) and that the legislature straight out claims that their list is not exhaustive, to use judgement, and to play with decency....

If this can be proven outright deliberate as the @OP describes... I mean... Yeah - Its against CoC. All Evils Are. You'd be fortunate for that entree and that ticket too :). Genuine and Deliberate Misconduct is Rare. It Happens. Its Against CoC.

We're arguing 'rules' and 'policy' here but there is one point that clearly touches on every CoC, ToS, and TaC violation regardless of the contractor. Evil is rare. If someone willfully and deliberately hurt you for their own gain (cheating, by definition) then we do not have to do business with them. They all have this entree. Its the judgement clause.

I know... you want to cite the absense of a hard and fast CoC violation to blame the origional poster. I understand it. Here is my question... Can you believe that there are people on the PvE game mode that are willing to hurt you and your PvE team by cheating you guys out of the time that you spent for their own self gain? Of course - believing it, and therefore supporting it, is evidence that evil and mallice is rare. (denial).

You think 'SAM' is going to knock on their door for the absence of a hard and fast rule despite that they already touched a gray area that they are willing to make decisions in? Flat out; its hard to believe that there are 'BAD' people. Hard to believe. I assure you... GMs have had to deal with that. Thats why our contracts are the way they are.

Sense you bring up words 'legal' and 'illegal' I respond with 'unlawfull' and yes those are grey grounds where every official has the right to ping someone on. The lack of judgement.
Capture.thumb.PNG.eb15557417ede315b9ced4d48eb7beec.PNG

If OP has a cause... OP has a cause... We're not the judge. File a ticket.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:11 PM, Vamanos said:

Hi, i've played for around 860 hours  on a pve server and i build a nice base with good friends and alot of fun. I wasn't fully aware of the dangers ark has  in theft and such. One day two people asked to join a tribe and i added them . Unaware of their intentions we started to work together and i gave them the first farming tasks.They couldn't reach the farmingdino's so , with my blind thought  and good intentions i gave them the rights as long as i was online (so nothing wrong could happen). At the moment i gave the rights, they started to clean all the cryo-fridges behind my back, while i was online! one diversed me by talking in discord and giving me compliments about the game and such, while the other was emptying the fridges. I was astonished that they where empty (only the ones that where out where still there). By the time i found them empty,  they alrdy left  and quit the tribe. i thought ok, they took 90% of my dino's, i still got 10% left, i will take this blow and regenerate!. I , (thought) i secured everything and putted all the rest in the same fridges .. But those fridges where pin locked by them! and because of that, they came back to my base when i was offline and then took the rest of the dino's. The only thing they left behind where  5 adult's and 60 baby's, while i had around 420 dino's. That really hurts.Around 860 hours gameplay, all that farming, all that taming, all that gone in a second because of two thieves who can freely scam people and take away their effort. PLEASE ARK, Fix that bug on tek-structures, when players take or give stuff, write it down in governance so we have evidence that it has been taken. A copy of every dino can be taken in game and stored away. When such thing happens, admins can check the list and give the ones back that have been stolen and maybe delete the ones that have been taken. These things can easily be avoided.

@vamoss I've got things that I can help w/ shoot me a PM after you file a ticket. I just want to see confirmation it was filed. Other than that, I wish I could help. I've been tired of play and therefore just idling more casually in-game. Spent about 6k total hours...

10 hours ago, ravenispurrty said:

@vamoss I've got things that I can help w/ shoot me a PM after you file a ticket. I just want to see confirmation it was filed. Other than that, I wish I could help. I've been tired of play and therefore just idling more casually in-game. Spent about 6k total hours...

what do u mean wiyh filing a ticket?  We all quited the server btw, except for one tribe member. A 13 year old boy, who doesn't want to give up the base. That melted my heart though and perhaps i  wanna do some things to save it . I can use all the help available, tnx :)

15 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

No, this was not against the rules. GMs have no way to enforce that. If people are able to cryo dinos, this is because they own them - yes, you heard it right; they own them. The game is working as intended. Members of a tribe are allowed to play with their dinos. If you invite random people in your tribe, you gave them the right to do whatever they want with their now owned dinos. If they do something with them you don't want them to, you need to take it with them and assume the fact that you are the one that gave them access in the first place. Taking responsibility for your actions would be a very good start.

Oh. I always thought in pvp it’s very scummy behavior and “welp, should have paid attention “..but I just assumed that in pvE everything you could do to screw people over was not allowed because there is no premise to fighting each other. Kind of unsettling that you’re truly not safe at all in either mode.

4 hours ago, Vamanos said:

what do u mean wiyh filing a ticket?  We all quited the server btw, except for one tribe member. A 13 year old boy, who doesn't want to give up the base. That melted my heart though and perhaps i  wanna do some things to save it . I can use all the help available, tnx :)

At least-make it known, for all intents and purposes of information, file a ticket with as much information about your cause as possible. I understand that this kinda-hurt your game. That is fine, that is exactly what the PvE base is for. Just something to state 'Hey, this was done' and if possible 'Hey, these guys did this to me.'... Its that 'support' link in the menu.

tickets are tracked, they go in a cloud, they are studied. bare-none. Don't get mad when you get ripped off or feel 'victimized' next time either. There players are against the economy and every player needs every player strong. players help players a lot. its not pvp... its in your game mode. People of the PvE servers have a hard time leaving someone 'jacked' over by some sort of event.

There is a bigger picture than your tribe and that is your alliance. alliances back tribes. alliances can always form. they can form out of misperhaps just as they can agenda. alliances are BIG. alliances can afford everything that a player may experience of misfortune.

And guys - remember that CoC's aren't permits for certain forms of misconduct as opposed to listings for the currently recognized forms. Just because one thing is wrong doesn't make something else right. The listed rules can never be exhaustive. can't cite absense of quick and hard regs. Nothing else that I can say other than 'Hard Knocking' the CoC is exploiting the fact that players have intentions; therefore authorizing other forms of mal that is simply unrecognized.

20 hours ago, Gabriel388 said:

You use very strong  emotional words. You judge a lot. I think you are not objective when you judge because you are letting what happened to you in Ark in the past affect your judgment, opinion and perception of things, situations and circumstances in this game. Multiplayer in Ark is too complex for this player because of this:

The human element. Multiplayer Complexity in Ark. Whether it is pvp, or pve, multiplayer introduces the human element which can be good or which can be evil.

I play Rainbow Six Siege. I am in a team of 5 vs 5. I get shot by my own team mate for complex human psychological reasons. Multiplayer complexity means the human anarchy element. the state of mental disorder and chaos associated with each player in the virtual world.

I don't want to sound like a shrink but I think you got Ark psychological trauma (ArkPTSD) from multiplayer in Ark. You should see a shrink to identify and help with that trauma. 

Well I havent been screwed in the past and your comment about Multiplayer being too complex for the OP came off as strong douchebaggery. You rag on the second guy about emotions yet you are letting your angst run amok in your posts with all of your insults. And they are insults, no matter how you try to mask them. You are a far cry from Freud and a lot closer to a hypocrite, especially when you point your finger at people "judging" others. You shouldnt throw stones in your own mentally unstable glass house.

22 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

you cannot cryogenize a creature that is personally owned by another player

I believe you can. I had a tame that was owned by my center character, cryo'd by my center character, moved to my extinction server, released, realized it was personally owned by my other character (so I could not change it's name), and re-cryo'd... but maybe my rank as tribe leader had an effect on this? I was able to cryo a tame in my tribe that was personally owned by another character.

To the OP, I am so sorry for your loss! I have learned in the game to never trust anyone to be in my tribe unless I know them well enough.

But that precaution sometimes isnt enough. There are bad guys who are dedicated enough to put on a trustworthy facade, sometimes ongoing for weeks.

If all someone has to do for 400+ free dinos was to pretend to be trustworthy... I would not blame their victim. Sadly these kinds of people exist, and play Ark. Some whose main motivation for playing is the satisfaction of tricking other people, to do harm to their enjoyment of this game.

Some people are just that level of cunning and patience, and heartlessness.

I am so sorry for your loss... I feel the pain! I would help but, I quit Ark Official due to those kinds of people on PvE. Official PvE just isnt safe for me mentally. Only come on to help my tribemate when she asks, nothing more.

12000 hours here, mostly PvE Official... all of the progress I made in this game abandoned or given away, because I cant handle the losses due to scum in this game.

3 hours ago, Moonie1 said:

Well I havent been screwed in the past and your comment about Multiplayer being too complex for the OP came off as strong douchebaggery. You rag on the second guy about emotions yet you are letting your angst run amok in your posts with all of your insults. And they are insults, no matter how you try to mask them. You are a far cry from Freud and a lot closer to a hypocrite, especially when you point your finger at people "judging" others. You shouldnt throw stones in your own mentally unstable glass house.

Thank you for your thoughts on the matter. It is much appreciated. I hope you have a good day or a good night depending on when you read my response. Take Care.

And this is why the socialist default setup in tribes sucks. I create a tribe and then change the settings to something decent before inviting people. Personal taming, personal own, personal ride. Structures are personal and personal snap. Only admins can unclaim. Never had issues after that. It allows us to play together but nobody can grab one of my prize dinos and steal it or go get it killed. Default settings are wide open for abuse.

20 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

I am so sorry for your loss... I feel the pain! I would help but, I quit Ark Official due to those kinds of people on PvE. Official PvE just isnt safe for me mentally. Only come on to help my tribemate when she asks, nothing more.

That is a shame -- most people within the PvE community aren't duchebags. They are up against the same kind(s) of things and a lot of them have gotten pretty strong. Work with your alliances, communicate with your servers, and talk on forums. If there is genuine duchebaggery going on everyone likes to step in within the community to make the situation as whole and as complete as they can. 

Its nothing to quit over - there is to many good people in the world.

13 hours ago, Xenithar said:

And this is why the socialist default setup in tribes sucks. I create a tribe and then change the settings to something decent before inviting people. Personal taming, personal own, personal ride. Structures are personal and personal snap. Only admins can unclaim. Never had issues after that. It allows us to play together but nobody can grab one of my prize dinos and steal it or go get it killed. Default settings are wide open for abuse.

Tools don't suck. A Few People do.

The tools come setup in a way which allows this type of BS. That was my point. The newly created tribe should default to personal stuff and then allow the admin to relax settings. You know, like in every other type of secure setup. Ever play with Active Directory? It comes setup in a VERY good configuration, but it is fairly tight in some areas and admins normally have to relax whatever it is they need to make the entire domain function while remaining secure. Ark takes a backwards approach. It is wide-open and then expects you to change virtually every setting.

On 3/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, ravenispurrty said:

That is a shame -- most people within the PvE community aren't duchebags. They are up against the same kind(s) of things and a lot of them have gotten pretty strong. Work with your alliances, communicate with your servers, and talk on forums. If there is genuine duchebaggery going on everyone likes to step in within the community to make the situation as whole and as complete as they can. 

Its nothing to quit over - there is to many good people in the world.

In my journeys in life and online for the last 41 years, most people I meet are cruel to me, or reject me. There are few rare gems of people out there I get along with, who are kind to me.

The amount of pain that this game has already caused me irl from stress, PTSD reminders, and my possibility of getting MS from stress, no game is worth that kind of damage. I have other RL friends who have seen my mood, my emotions, in reaction to expeirences in Ark Official. These real life friends, along with numerous internet friends who wont play any form of public servers, I am encouraged to not play Ark Official, and I find myself happier without Ark Official, and they are happier for me as well.

Edits: This thread isnt my own, I dont want to be mistaken for hijacking, I am replying to a comment in my notifications, so much more I have typed, but later removed because I dont want to bother people with typing more details about my experiences and opinions.

To have the ability to restore lost dinos, like a backup of tames in case things go wrong (as often things do go wrong, even lost characters) I feel would be great to have with this game, a backup to preserve and restore lost tames, not just in taxidermy forms. More acute locks on storage, and stop letting other non-tribemates be able to turn off forges etc. It's just silly imo that hasn't been fixed yet either.

I play PVE because my internet is VERY bad where I currently am and I'm constantly lagging and timing out.   But I digress....

I had read early on that even though it's PVE, other players can mess with you and cause you headaches.  I guess this is one way I had casually thought of...  getting robbed.

Archived