i got robbed and lost around 400 dino's

Vamanos

Hi, i've played for around 860 hours  on a pve server and i build a nice base with good friends and alot of fun. I wasn't fully aware of the dangers ark has  in theft and such. One day two people asked to join a tribe and i added them . Unaware of their intentions we started to work together and i gave them the first farming tasks.They couldn't reach the farmingdino's so , with my blind thought  and good intentions i gave them the rights as long as i was online (so nothing wrong could happen). At the moment i gave the rights, they started to clean all the cryo-fridges behind my back, while i was online! one diversed me by talking in discord and giving me compliments about the game and such, while the other was emptying the fridges. I was astonished that they where empty (only the ones that where out where still there). By the time i found them empty,  they alrdy left  and quit the tribe. i thought ok, they took 90% of my dino's, i still got 10% left, i will take this blow and regenerate!. I , (thought) i secured everything and putted all the rest in the same fridges .. But those fridges where pin locked by them! and because of that, they came back to my base when i was offline and then took the rest of the dino's. The only thing they left behind where  5 adult's and 60 baby's, while i had around 420 dino's. That really hurts.Around 860 hours gameplay, all that farming, all that taming, all that gone in a second because of two thieves who can freely scam people and take away their effort. PLEASE ARK, Fix that bug on tek-structures, when players take or give stuff, write it down in governance so we have evidence that it has been taken. A copy of every dino can be taken in game and stored away. When such thing happens, admins can check the list and give the ones back that have been stolen and maybe delete the ones that have been taken. These things can easily be avoided.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, the way the tone is on this forum most of the time, you'll probably only be met with "It's your own fault". Some people here have a nasty habit of defending idiots who are just set out to ruin the game for everyone ?

On top of that, I doubt that anything will be changed. The impression I get of the devs and their vision is that they seem to allow and even encourage trolly behaviour.

41 minutes ago, Vamanos said:

Mistake #1.

They couldn't reach the farmingdino's so , with my blind thought  and good intentions i gave them the rights as long as i was online 

Mistake #2.

i secured everything and putted all the rest in the same fridges .. But those fridges where pin locked by them! 

Mistake #3.

admins can check the list and give the ones back that have been stolen and maybe delete the ones that have been taken.

We all learn from experience in the world of ARK. Sometimes it can be brutal.

This situation definitely could have been avoided and here is the harsh reality:

You gave strangers access to ALL of your dinos to complete a farming task. You could have easily taken out the dinos they needed to farm and they would have only had access to what they needed.

Learn how to setup proper tribe governance to avoid this happening in the future. 

If you decide to invite more people in the future, only give access to dinos you are not afraid to get killed. Old breeders, etc. Never give your best to a new member until you build some trust and know they understand how to play.  

Admins do not have time to track down every single stolen dino. They can barely keep up with simple tickets as it is.

3 hours ago, Zahlea said:

I truly understand why you say this and I'm not contesting it. I'm just noting how utterly sad it is that the community is in such poor shape.

Unfortunately, that is a fact in this kind of situation. Life isn't a bed of roses, mind you, and if all the community is all sweets and cakes to the loss of such thing, then people would be QQing everything that they ended up losing, not just PvP-wise.

Sometimes all it takes is for the community to be a sour grape or in a poor shape to make the person who had their losses, to learn from their costly mistakes.

i think the rank system can offer some protection 

i had a new recruit steal a giga on a new server when i hadnt set up the rank system yet

also a good idea to build a vault room to keep valuable and weapons especially explosives

ark brings out the worst but also the best of people im certain people on ur server will give u tons of tames after they find out what happened as long as ur not some jerk on that server of coarse

im starting to remember other times where a tribe member took a bunch of tames and left the tribe but many times they tamed or helped in taming those tames

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

It can't. Even with the maximum security the governance/ranking has to offers, if anyone in their tribe has bad intentions they can basically loot everything. Be it PvP or PvE, they can just break their own structures with explosives and loot the bags. The only thing they won't be able to do, is take creatures that are not frozen but they can still kill them. Even on PvE you need to be careful with your alliances. Otherwise you are automatically dragged in if any allied accept a declaration of war and I've seen it been used to raid on PvE multiple times. Don't invite random people you don't know to your tribe. Most of them that ask, are alts that jump server to server purposely joining tribes to steal their stuff and resell on facebook. This is unfortunately nothing new. Would you give your house key to a stranger that randomly approach you in the street just because they asked for it?

Ouch, it really sucks to have to learn that lesson in such an extreme way but trust no one.  I would never let anyone I don't actually know in person in to my tribe.  I know you can set ranks and whatnot, but in PVE you really don't need tribemates.  There are plenty of ways to still be helpful to others, whether it's to the server as a whole or to a specific player or two, without letting them in your tribe.

38 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

i had a new recruit steal a giga on a new server when i hadnt set up the rank system yet

also a good idea to build a vault room to keep valuable and weapons especially explosives

ark brings out the worst but also the best of people im certain people on ur server will give u tons of tames after they find out what happened as long as ur not some jerk on that server of coarse

im starting to remember other times where a tribe member took a bunch of tames and left the tribe but many times they tamed or helped in taming those tames

C4=admin rank

8 hours ago, Vamanos said:

Hi, i've played for around 860 hours  on a pve server and i build a nice base with good friends and alot of fun. I wasn't fully aware of the dangers ark has  in theft and such. One day two people asked to join a tribe and i added them . Unaware of their intentions we started to work together and i gave them the first farming tasks.They couldn't reach the farmingdino's so , with my blind thought  and good intentions i gave them the rights as long as i was online (so nothing wrong could happen). At the moment i gave the rights, they started to clean all the cryo-fridges behind my back, while i was online! one diversed me by talking in discord and giving me compliments about the game and such, while the other was emptying the fridges. I was astonished that they where empty (only the ones that where out where still there). By the time i found them empty,  they alrdy left  and quit the tribe. i thought ok, they took 90% of my dino's, i still got 10% left, i will take this blow and regenerate!. I , (thought) i secured everything and putted all the rest in the same fridges .. But those fridges where pin locked by them! and because of that, they came back to my base when i was offline and then took the rest of the dino's. The only thing they left behind where  5 adult's and 60 baby's, while i had around 420 dino's. That really hurts.Around 860 hours gameplay, all that farming, all that taming, all that gone in a second because of two thieves who can freely scam people and take away their effort. PLEASE ARK, Fix that bug on tek-structures, when players take or give stuff, write it down in governance so we have evidence that it has been taken. A copy of every dino can be taken in game and stored away. When such thing happens, admins can check the list and give the ones back that have been stolen and maybe delete the ones that have been taken. These things can easily be avoided.

Sorry to read about your plight. Play single player. Multiplayer is too complex for you.

I feel bad for you .im pve . I was insided for 89 dino and at that time felt like just giving up . its soul destroying . yet as addicted to the game as I am . I took evening off and gathered my thoughts and came back stronger . we all learn valuable lessons in life and only being a game , you have a chance to learn , re group , and just not make this mistake again . I now   don't let anyone into my tribe .  the game is full of trolls but it is also full of great people who just want to ark .

On 3/11/2019 at 8:15 PM, Zahlea said:

I'm really sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, the way the tone is on this forum most of the time, you'll probably only be met with "It's your own fault". Some people here have a nasty habit of defending idiots who are just set out to ruin the game for everyone ?

On top of that, I doubt that anything will be changed. The impression I get of the devs and their vision is that they seem to allow and even encourage trolly behaviour.

ARK is a game developed by griefers* for griefers.

Official servers are a toxic, mind-numbingly grindy affair.

Play on unofficial servers, either one you own, or one where you trust the owners to help you.

Wildcard support is not going to care probably, even though it's their poor game design that's at fault.

*) At least what I 've read of Wildcard's co-founder.

On 3/11/2019 at 11:23 PM, Gabriel388 said:

Sorry to read about your plight. Play single player. Multiplayer is too complex for you.

How is multiplayer too complex for someone who just wants to play and help out other people? You can't give me the PvP excuse this time so don't even try. This was 100% against the rules and people like OP should be reimbursed with everything lost.

42 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

What a piece of trash you are. How is multiplayer too complex for someone who just wants to play and help out other people? You can't give me the PvP excuse this time so don't even try. This was 100% against the rules and people like OP should be reimbursed with everything lost.

You use very strong  emotional words. You judge a lot. I think you are not objective when you judge because you are letting what happened to you in Ark in the past affect your judgment, opinion and perception of things, situations and circumstances in this game. Multiplayer in Ark is too complex for this player because of this:

On 3/12/2019 at 3:11 AM, Vamanos said:

I wasn't fully aware of the dangers ark has  in theft and such.

The human element. Multiplayer Complexity in Ark. Whether it is pvp, or pve, multiplayer introduces the human element which can be good or which can be evil.

I play Rainbow Six Siege. I am in a team of 5 vs 5. I get shot by my own team mate for complex human psychological reasons. Multiplayer complexity means the human anarchy element. the state of mental disorder and chaos associated with each player in the virtual world.

I don't want to sound like a shrink but I think you got Ark psychological trauma (ArkPTSD) from multiplayer in Ark. You should see a shrink to identify and help with that trauma. 

• Volunteer Moderator
55 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

How is multiplayer too complex for someone who just wants to play and help out other people? You can't give me the PvP excuse this time so don't even try. This was 100% against the rules and people like OP should be reimbursed with everything lost.

No, this was not against the rules. GMs have no way to enforce that. If people are able to cryo dinos, this is because they own them - yes, you heard it right; they own them. The game is working as intended. Members of a tribe are allowed to play with their dinos. If you invite random people in your tribe, you gave them the right to do whatever they want with their now owned dinos. If they do something with them you don't want them to, you need to take it with them and assume the fact that you are the one that gave them access in the first place. Taking responsibility for your actions would be a very good start.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:11 PM, Vamanos said:

This was on PvE right?

On 3/11/2019 at 2:15 PM, Zahlea said:

If so; I definitely could not take this position.

What was done was wrong, in fact I have written about it previously. Cryo Fridges serve as a materialized bounty for greifers to obtain gratification at your cost and it is generally instant. Lets take for instance that legacy players killed for less.

I wish that there was direct title or a citation within the ToS. There isn't though. The thing is that malice (intentional malice) is still bad judgement (and therefore, still against the terms of service) and so my best advice is to file a report/ticket anyways with as much evidence as possible. Additionally; I wouldn't let this experience 'traumatize' you. Tribes are really amazing, fun, cool, and we do so much together. We help each other in a lot of ways. That is honestly what the game is about. I remember the times that we cleared the bosses for the first time. The fact that alpha-dragon has always been enjoyed by us. I can account for roughly 12-15 players that ascended in my tribe and I can't even begin to count the amount of players that we have ascended with outside of tribe. 

Locks / Tribe Ranks? Its not a solution honestly. It hinders things that we wanted our players to be able to do... get-up, try again, and steam me https://steamcommunity.com/id/kbhtech/ if there is anything you know. Tell me how I can help.

Don't cite them with anything other then the ToS __DOES__ cover intent. Its within the first paragraph. Use your best judgement. To take the extra-mile and deliberately treat another player unwell (cheat them) is against the CoC. You think the devs are going to authorize unlisted yet deliberate malice? That isn't the case. That isn't the case for any game. That isn't the case for any social media platform. That isn't the case for any service provider. Cheating is Cheating. Hacking is Hacking. Malice is Malice.

I've heard from Jat before -- 'Sometimes we go a little bit too much by the book, but with that being said here is a solution....'  because frank... The studio has choice in who they do business with. They don't have to have a reason to banish anyone. They just can... CoC, Guidlines, Terms and Conditions, Rules of Thumb. Use your best judgement when you play any game. 

45 minutes ago, Gabriel388 said:

You use very strong  emotional words. You judge a lot. I think you are not objective when you judge because you are letting what happened to you in Ark in the past affect your judgment, opinion and perception of things, situations and circumstances in this game. Multiplayer in Ark is too complex for this player because of this:

The human element. Multiplayer Complexity in Ark. Whether it is pvp, or pve, multiplayer introduces the human element which can be good or which can be evil.

I play Rainbow Six Siege. I am in a team of 5 vs 5. I get shot by my own team mate for complex human psychological reasons. Multiplayer complexity means the human anarchy element. the state of mental disorder and chaos associated with each player in the virtual world.

I don't want to sound like a shrink but I think you got Ark psychological trauma (ArkPTSD) from multiplayer in Ark. You should see a shrink to identify and help with that trauma. 

17 minutes ago, ravenispurrty said:

This was on PvE right?

If so; I definitely could not take this position.

What was done was wrong, in fact I have written about it previously. Cryo Fridges serve as a materialized bounty for greifers to obtain gratification at your cost and it is generally instant. Lets take for instance that legacy players killed for less.

I wish that there was direct title or a citation within the ToS. There isn't though. The thing is that malice (intentional malice) is still bad judgement (and therefore, still against the terms of service) and so my best advice is to file a report/ticket anyways with as much evidence as possible. Additionally; I wouldn't let this experience 'traumatize' you. Tribes are really amazing, fun, cool, and we do so much together. We help each other in a lot of ways. That is honestly what the game is about. I remember the times that we cleared the bosses for the first time. The fact that alpha-dragon has always been enjoyed by us. I can account for roughly 12-15 players that ascended in my tribe and I can't even begin to count the amount of players that we have ascended with outside of tribe. 

Locks / Tribe Ranks? Its not a solution honestly. It hinders things that we wanted our players to be able to do... get-up, try again, and steam me https://steamcommunity.com/id/kbhtech/ if there is anything you know. Tell me how I can help.

Don't cite them with anything other then the ToS __DOES__ cover intent. Its within the first paragraph. Use your best judgement. To take the extra-mile and deliberately treat another player unwell (cheat them) is against the CoC. You think the devs are going to authorize unlisted yet deliberate malice? That isn't the case. That isn't the case for any game. That isn't the case for any social media platform. That isn't the case for any service provider. Cheating is Cheating. Hacking is Hacking. Malice is Malice.

I've heard from Jat before -- 'Sometimes we go a little bit too much by the book, but with that being said here is a solution....'  because frank... The studio has choice in who they do business with. They don't have to have a reason to banish anyone. They just can... CoC, Guidlines, Terms and Conditions, Rules of Thumb. Use your best judgement when you play any game. 

Exactly: there is the human element, which can be good or evil, that is what the CoC's are intended to address. 

45 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

No, this was not against the rules. GMs have no way to enforce that. If people are able to cryo dinos, this is because they own them - yes, you heard it right; they own them. The game is working as intended. Members of a tribe are allowed to play with their dinos. If you invite random people in your tribe, you gave them the right to do whatever they want with their now owned dinos. If they do something with them you don't want them to, you need to take it with them and assume the fact that you are the one that gave them access in the first place. Taking responsibility for your actions would be a very good start.

I like rifles, I bear faith in the second amendment, lets discuss 'works as intended.'

'Works as intended' - If something does not work as it was intended to work then it is a bug report as opposed to a support ticket. Things that are broken aren't C.o.C. violations. Nobody gets banned over bugs.

'Malice' - This is what the C.o.C is intended to address. Every C.o.C. that I have seen published speak of 'integrity' and 'judgement' while it has rules of moral. If someone is absent of better judgement then they are utterly malice. Every enforcement of a C.o.C. tries to bring out the truth that as real as evil is; it is rare.

'Works as intended'. Yes... Good Code.
'I was just cheated'. Yes... File a Ticket.

Just because my rifles work as intended does not make it legal to shoot up a school. Otherwise a cop could just kill people... we'd have no prisoners. The M-9 works as intended.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, ravenispurrty said:

To aspire to inside a tribe for tames as opposed to spending the time to acquire those tames (hence: inside) is really what is malicious here. Its what just happened. Yes features work as intended but the players are also suppose to be competing against the environment. In-siding is PvP.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that insiding is not malicious. You are definitely a piece of 128px-Feces.png?version=141861edaee8bb8c if you do so. What I'm saying is that you cannot blame the devs or the GMs if a member of your tribe is taking dinos or items they owns. They are part of the tribe, this is technically their belongings too. If you invite random players, even if the intention is good and you just want to help them, you are taking a risk and have to assume the consequences and learn from it.

19 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that insiding is not malicious. You are definitely a piece of 128px-Feces.png?version=141861edaee8bb8c if you do so. What I'm saying is that you cannot blame the devs or the GMs if a member of your tribe is taking dinos or items they owns. They are part of the tribe, this is technically their belongings too. If you invite random players, even if the intention is good and you just want to help them, you are taking a risk and have to assume the consequences and learn from it.

Exactly - blame the player - file a ticket. CoC does say something about using your 'BEST Judgement' in all situations as opposed to 'NO judgement at all.'.

When someone makes something they intend for it to have such features and mechanics. What it ends up doing is a result of judgement or will. I mean, can you believe those guys were willing to hurt you and your time spent in-game? It should be... hard to believe. I would - lack of judgement and execution that cheated me out of their will to do so.

Get up and try again, not everyone is like that, some of us played hard too.

Archived