Constant Raptor Sounds Are Annoying

lonegreywolf20

I’m not sure how the raptor sounds now are compared to before the recent rework on them. I was breeding raptors early in my game and found the constant ‘chortle’ annoying then. The new trike sounds seem to be a bit much also.

I wish there was a way to turn off the sounds of tames. I do like that so many of the carnivores have a sound they make. I play SP also, and prefer to have sound on when I am out of my base. If I am looking for a dino to tame but need to clear the dangerous dinos first, I can always hear if a carno is near. Some dinos are easier for me to find by sound, otter and equus as examples. And idk how many times I have only known i was about to get attacked because I hear the footsteps running behind me. So personally I prefer the dinos to have a sound. But it would be nice to be able to mute your tames sounds because it does get annoying when you are working in the base for awhile.

It can take a while to get into a routine of it, but when I arrive back in my base I whistle my tame off follow, run off to look for eggs dropped by my tames and turn the volume down/off. When I leave my base I turn the sound back up. It’s a pain though cuz how am I to know if an alpha raptor has decided to lunch on the tames in my base? It’s happened before and the only way I knew was through the sounds of it. So I think that muting the standard sounds on tames would be good, but make it so that we can hear if a tame is taking damage. 

On 3/12/2019 at 4:42 PM, Pasta said:

Would love if it just had a muted dino setting. That's an easy add to the game.

They would have to make it only for your device, imagine if you could just have a Rex that no one could hear standing around a corner in their base. You listen, hear nothing, turn the corner, and get killed by a high level Rex without sound. Not op at all... 

5 hours ago, NoahTheGoat666 said:

They would have to make it only for your device, imagine if you could just have a Rex that no one could hear standing around a corner in their base. You listen, hear nothing, turn the corner, and get killed by a high level Rex without sound. Not op at all... 

I can see how that wouldn’t work for multiplayer. In single player though it would seem like something that could be added to god mode, maybe? My only concern is not being able to hear if a tame is taking damage from a wild dino. So just muting the idle sounds leaving the fighting sounds still active would be ideal imo, if that’s even possible.

16 hours ago, LightBender said:

I can see how that wouldn’t work for multiplayer. In single player though it would seem like something that could be added to god mode, maybe? My only concern is not being able to hear if a tame is taking damage from a wild dino. So just muting the idle sounds leaving the fighting sounds still active would be ideal imo, if that’s even possible.

Yeah that would be a good idea. I have god console but don’t use it except to advance day. I would mute In they added it though.

Archived