S+ Mod vs. Homestead update

bsmorgan

My Nitrado server has the S+ mod installed.

After the Homestead update, I assume that if I remove the S+ mod, all of my S+ buildings will collapse into ruin. Is this correct?

With the S+ mod installed, is it possible to use the new structure variants? If so, how?

The Homestead live stream mentioned something about a "switch" or "ini option" to deal with S+ and Homestead coexistence but I haven't seen details. Can anyone provide the details (or a pointer to something I missed)?

Starting with the easiest question: there are a few ini options regarding Homestead listed here: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration#ARK:_Homestead_specific

The one you talk about is the following:

Option Value Type Default Effect
AllowIntegratedSPlusStructures boolean true if false disables all of the new S+ structures (intended mainly for letting unofficials that want to keep using the S+ mod version to keep using that without a ton of extra duplicate structures)

But this disables all the integrated structures, i.e. S+ is still there, but the duplicates in the core game are disabled.

I've had a few instances where I forgot to update S+ before starting the server. If I log in to my server like that - all structures belonging to the mod are gone. And most importantly - all the inventory in all those structures is gone! It's not major - I can easily revert it with the backups made, my point is that I would assume the same happens if you just disable S+.

If you were to move towards disabling S+, I'd recommend first rebuilding everything you want to keep with the vanilla versions (the integrated versions) and make sure to empty any remaining S+ structures before you disable the mod. Honestly, I'd love for there to be a server startup option or a server setting converting all S+ structures into their vanilla counterparts (if there is one).

As for using both vanilla integrated structures and S+ at the same time - that's supposed to work. However, I do believe there are a few issues with that at the moment, but it's something I would expect them to fix eventually (so it's worth keeping in mind if this is the option you'd rather go with). In this case you'll end up with a lot of duplicates, unless you disable some of the items. This also has an interesting twist - the S+ and integrated structures have the same name and I'm unsure what version is disabled when you disable them by name.

2 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

This also has an interesting twist - the S+ and integrated structures have the same name and I'm unsure what version is disabled when you disable them by name.

none of them are. Might be a bug but ark can only do 1 item with that name at a time and since the names are the same in the code ark keeps jumping between them until map load is done.

If you were to move towards disabling S+, I'd recommend first rebuilding everything you want to keep with the vanilla versions (the integrated versions) and make sure to empty any remaining S+ structures before you disable the mod.

Just be careful with this. Since both integrated and mod S+ use the same names all integrated structures will switch into their modded versions and vice-versa on sp/server startup.

17 minutes ago, dcrago said:

none of them are. Might be a bug but ark can only do 1 item with that name at a time and since the names are the same in the code ark keeps jumping between them until map load is done.

Just be careful with this. Since both integrated and mod S+ use the same names all integrated structures will switch into their modded versions and vice-versa on sp/server startup.

Wow... both of those issues are horrible! I don't know how they can fix it either, as they then can't determine which of the versions it's supposed to be. Ideally, the S+ versions could add a SPlus part somewhere in their name, but I don't know what that would do to the items already built... they would probably vanish, I guess :/ They really painted themselves into a corner with this one!

On 3/11/2019 at 7:01 PM, Zahlea said:

Wow... both of those issues are horrible! I don't know how they can fix it either, as they then can't determine which of the versions it's supposed to be. Ideally, the S+ versions could add a SPlus part somewhere in their name, but I don't know what that would do to the items already built... they would probably vanish, I guess :/ They really painted themselves into a corner with this one!

Yeah, they seem to have really messed that up.

Typical Wildcard.

Archived