Kibble system is trash

Wean

Well I'm pretty seasoned on official and small tribes as I run 2 tribes and I wanted to give y'all some feedback on this garbage new system implemented by brain dead developers I'll bullet point the biggest problems me and others have found here 

As for a new player or freshly wiped player are now at a dis advantage due to

*dodos no longer tame pts- as being a new player it's easy to tuck away with a few dodos and either go get highlands carrots or grow a few to support your kibble to get a flyer to get away from the beach or find a more secure location before someone on a mag jumps on you and your base and kills everything and even if they do all well dodos are cheap and fast requiring only a wait time on carrots this now will create an influx of beach Bob's and an imbalance of power to established tribes and newcomers. Second problem is now as a newcomer you must have stegos or itchythornis (as I found those the easiest to get in hide) to get the eggs required to tame a first flyer this is problematic as it makes it impossible to hide, bigger bases to hide your stego or a constant grief fest from more powerful people killing off your egg layers because they are ever presently in the open now not to mention...ever wait for a stego to lay eggs? It's loooooonnggggg. this is also a problem for a freshly raided tribe as now you can't sneak dodo kibble out get a pt and run your bps on a flyer to an ob or in general get a flyer to get re established and run harder to get supplies such as oil or obsidian. Third as a newcomer mainly, do you ever remember getting oil when you first started? You had two methods- raft, PTs!, or you ran somehow by far the easiest a PT and a small oil run this is relevant due to the kibble recipe for them requires meat jerkey now on top of now requiring 2 carrots. I am currently seeing it first hand in chat and on the new zones more beach bobs, more greifing, and less ability to create kibble to escape the beach. Now to those say g just use prime man, or use mutton it over exposes you out in the wild if your even lucky to find one with low stats you may die so much it discourages you and some people don't have the time to sit and tame for hours to create a new kibble farm. And my final point is 2 fold pts are war birds....you use them for PvP you use them to fight and defend and if one  dies it's ok because you have an abundance of the food required to get more and escape and fight or jump on a new one and try picking that mana rider again they are disposable...Well at least they were. Which brings me to an imbalance to PvP in strong vs weak tribes we all know mega tribes and alphas who breed now they don't even tame....a 350 Petra is gonna smoke a 150 kib tamed yes but...you could get a new one faster...now you have  to rely on kibble to get a new one a much harder system with bigger dinos while the alpha breeds hardcore battle pts.

*Now as for actual recipies I'd like to adress the b.s. of soups being put into kibble recepies....simply Why? I already use chowder for water runs. And others to stay warm others to stay cool And others for battle they already have their use why make your already new kibble system more difficult and more resourceful idk if you noticed but it wasn't quite easy before =/ 

*the usage of fish meat and sap and honey....again why...they had their usage for sweet veggie cakes(again not easy to get) or for its special usage in primitive plus it's like the devs got together and said hmmm people dont use fish meat much or sap or honey let's make them use it..you could have simplified the system the same kept the same ingredients and improved life on both sides but nah wild card is notorious for looking like people that don't even play their own game. Which also includes some points from the first point. How do you get sap on your precious pt or only pt   as a noob  or with out any  means of flying 

*finally, dinos do not match egg size it seemed they tried to prioritize eggs by dino value and failed a parasuar drops small eggs but an itchythornis drops medium eggs? What? How and when? Now a pelican is more important the. Your original starter tames, plus everyone hates raptoring pelicans little stealing DireWolf lol...plus they take hours to tame well can. They tried simplifying a system that had a clear cut route to war and air tames with specialized tame that took skill and time to get..I could get from scorpions to rex to giga and quetz pretty efficiently and stego to argy and dodo to pt in a few days and be well defended and start breeding and work my way to the therozino or yuty in time because they were strong specialized tames and required skill and knowledge and with the re work they attempted to do what world of warcraft did to it's game, dumb it down. and make the harder tames easier but in turn made low tier dinos irrelevant (killed all my dodos this morning due to no value) And failed at doing so on the simplified end of things.

Potential counter arguments I've heard

*lag brooo it cuts down on lagg// me and other big tribes have done the same tripling our rex and stego for medium to large egg influx, news flash the lags worse and base size contributes much more to that problem...bigger tames needed bigger bases= bigger lag 

*it made it easier to get the harder tames broo//again harder tames were just that harder tames....everyone's spent 6 hours on a beaver or did kibble progression yes getting them are easier but at a sacrifice to above said points when solo or small I didn't need a beaver honestly and now its a still a trade off in difficulty and resources.

In closing the only thing  wildcard has done was make you get more tames you didn't care about and still don't care about and get more ingredients because who knows why and effectively keep lagg the same if not more( 20 rexs and 20 stegos are alot worse trust me) but most importantly increase the strength of the big tribes who have the room,defense,manpower and crops to have and abundance of big dinos out laying eggs...lowering the value of cryos on said big tames to cut out lag. As someone who's a semi decent alpha I fight tribes who cross over to troll I like PvP so it's great to defend your server it's great to help a few noobs enjoy the game getting them a bird or helping them and teaching them the game watching em grow crops and grow their tribe having a few core betas who help defend as well and getting them in the action. What I don't like seeing is a tribe get raided (but hey it's pvp) but worse to work hard to be meshed only to have a more difficult egg situation to face when bouncing back as I'm already seeing it's effects. To all you who have kibble and room and defences to protect your eggs good on you but if you get wiped I'm banking on you complaining about the new route once you don't have poop and your foundations are gone and your back to square one..it happens to all of us but realize your alphas and hardcore raiders with resources just got immensely stronger then the little guy or solo player and created a soon to come power gap that will have you going DILO when it's your time. Rome wasn't built in a day but it fell in a few remember that big boys.

I dont want to discourage people who like the new kibble system but I think alot of you may be over looking the subtle long term problems to come in this game...they don't listen to their community they really don't.

P.s. I forgot to mention pteras eggs can't even tame pteras they take a class smaller than itself the only dino in the game to do so...intentional?

12 minutes ago, Wean said:

Well I'm pretty seasoned on official and small tribes as I run 2 tribes and I wanted to give y'all some feedback on this garbage new system implemented by brain dead developers I'll bullet point the biggest problems me and others have found here 

As for a new player or freshly wiped player are now at a dis advantage due to

*dodos no longer tame pts- as being a new player it's easy to tuck away with a few dodos and either go get highlands carrots or grow a few to support your kibble to get a flyer to get away from the beach or find a more secure location before someone on a mag jumps on you and your base and kills everything and even if they do all well dodos are cheap and fast requiring only a wait time on carrots this now will create an influx of beach Bob's and an imbalance of power to established tribes and newcomers. Second problem is now as a newcomer you must have stegos or itchythornis (as I found those the easiest to get in hide) to get the eggs required to tame a first flyer this is problematic as it makes it impossible to hide, bigger bases to hide your stego or a constant grief fest from more powerful people killing off your egg layers because they are ever presently in the open now not to mention...ever wait for a stego to lay eggs? It's loooooonnggggg. this is also a problem for a freshly raided tribe as now you can't sneak dodo kibble out get a pt and run your bps on a flyer to an ob or in general get a flyer to get re established and run harder to get supplies such as oil or obsidian. Third as a newcomer mainly, do you ever remember getting oil when you first started? You had two methods- raft, PTs!, or you ran somehow by far the easiest a PT and a small oil run this is relevant due to the kibble recipe for them requires meat jerkey now on top of now requiring 2 carrots. I am currently seeing it first hand in chat and on the new zones more beach bobs, more greifing, and less ability to create kibble to escape the beach. Now to those say g just use prime man, or use mutton it over exposes you out in the wild if your even lucky to find one with low stats you may die so much it discourages you and some people don't have the time to sit and tame for hours to create a new kibble farm. And my final point is 2 fold pts are war birds....you use them for PvP you use them to fight and defend and if one  dies it's ok because you have an abundance of the food required to get more and escape and fight or jump on a new one and try picking that mana rider again they are disposable...Well at least they were. Which brings me to an imbalance to PvP in strong vs weak tribes we all know mega tribes and alphas who breed now they don't even tame....a 350 Petra is gonna smoke a 150 kib tamed yes but...you could get a new one faster...now you have  to rely on kibble to get a new one a much harder system with bigger dinos while the alpha breeds hardcore battle pts.

*Now as for actual recipies I'd like to adress the b.s. of soups being put into kibble recepies....simply Why? I already use chowder for water runs. And others to stay warm others to stay cool And others for battle they already have their use why make your already new kibble system more difficult and more resourceful idk if you noticed but it wasn't quite easy before =/ 

*the usage of fish meat and sap and honey....again why...they had their usage for sweet veggie cakes(again not easy to get) or for its special usage in primitive plus it's like the devs got together and said hmmm people dont use fish meat much or sap or honey let's make them use it..you could have simplified the system the same kept the same ingredients and improved life on both sides but nah wild card is notorious for looking like people that don't even play their own game. Which also includes some points from the first point. How do you get sap on your precious pt or only pt   as a noob  or with out any  means of flying 

*finally, dinos do not match egg size it seemed they tried to prioritize eggs by dino value and failed a parasuar drops small eggs but an itchythornis drops medium eggs? What? How and when? Now a pelican is more important the. Your original starter tames, plus everyone hates raptoring pelicans little stealing DireWolf lol...plus they take hours to tame well can. They tried simplifying a system that had a clear cut route to war and air tames with specialized tame that took skill and time to get..I could get from scorpions to rex to giga and quetz pretty efficiently and stego to argy and dodo to pt in a few days and be well defended and start breeding and work my way to the therozino or yuty in time because they were strong specialized tames and required skill and knowledge and with the re work they attempted to do what world of warcraft did to it's game, dumb it down. and make the harder tames easier but in turn made low tier dinos irrelevant (killed all my dodos this morning due to no value) And failed at doing so on the simplified end of things.

Potential counter arguments I've heard

*lag brooo it cuts down on lagg// me and other big tribes have done the same tripling our rex and stego for medium to large egg influx, news flash the lags worse and base size contributes much more to that problem...bigger tames needed bigger bases= bigger lag 

*it made it easier to get the harder tames broo//again harder tames were just that harder tames....everyone's spent 6 hours on a beaver or did kibble progression yes getting them are easier but at a sacrifice to above said points when solo or small I didn't need a beaver honestly and now its a still a trade off in difficulty and resources.

In closing the only thing  wildcard has done was make you get more tames you didn't care about and still don't care about and get more ingredients because who knows why and effectively keep lagg the same if not more( 20 rexs and 20 stegos are alot worse trust me) but most importantly increase the strength of the big tribes who have the room,defense,manpower and crops to have and abundance of big dinos out laying eggs...lowering the value of cryos on said big tames to cut out lag. As someone who's a semi decent alpha I fight tribes who cross over to troll I like PvP so it's great to defend your server it's great to help a few noobs enjoy the game getting them a bird or helping them and teaching them the game watching em grow crops and grow their tribe having a few core betas who help defend as well and getting them in the action. What I don't like seeing is a tribe get raided (but hey it's pvp) but worse to work hard to be meshed only to have a more difficult egg situation to face when bouncing back as I'm already seeing it's effects. To all you who have kibble and room and defences to protect your eggs good on you but if you get wiped I'm banking on you complaining about the new route once you don't have poop and your foundations are gone and your back to square one..it happens to all of us but realize your alphas and hardcore raiders with resources just got immensely stronger then the little guy or solo player and created a soon to come power gap that will have you going DILO when it's your time. Rome wasn't built in a day but it fell in a few remember that big boys.

I dont want to discourage people who like the new kibble system but I think alot of you may be over looking the subtle long term problems to come in this game...they don't listen to their community they really don't.

P.s. I forgot to mention pteras eggs can't even tame pteras they take a class smaller than itself the only dino in the game to do so...intentional?

This must be the wall that Trump was talking about. It has quite a few holes, though.

Great, another whiner.

People are forgetting what the kibble main intention is. They are to tame "wild creatures fast at highly established point of time" and "imprint babies if they want it", not your "only one food to tame all". Newcomers don't start off with kibbles or the stuff needed to make one, and should be relying on its preferred food first until you established a decent base. It is harder in PvP, but it is doable, assuming you don't get found out. Sure, some size of the egg may not make sense, but honestly, I welcome this kind of change. 

People don't often use soup unless under certain circumstances, even in PvP, unless someone else (and enough people) other than you want to prove me wrong? They already simplified the ingredients so you don't have to hunt for certain ludicrous material just to make that particular kibble, like come on, Ammonite Biles for Kentro Kibble? Raw Prime Meat for Allo Kibble? 

You don't HAVE to use a specific dino just to get that egg size. Base size does contribute lag, but that doesn't mean you have to "wall" everything in, especially since you will potentially lose more than you protect if someone found a way around your defense with C4. "make you get more tames you didn't care about" isn't really a point here, its more about people's moral code. You don't HAVE to get more tame, but if you choose to just to produce more egg, its on you, not Wildcard. Frankly, the previous kibble system requires you to tame creatures you actually don't care about, as compared to the new ones, which only requires you to get only tames of THAT egg category.

PvPs already IMBA prior to Homestead update, and I don't see how the update changes anything to it.

Plus, Official PvP is as toxic and scrupulous as it is anyways.

18 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

constructive criticism is great but don't expect the human's on the other end to care about what you say if you are insulting and rude to them.  You have absolutely no leverage to force change so you have to be nice.  It's how human interaction works.

I don't believe I was rude in any way wildcards already shown how money hungry and content grabby they can be every point I listed is fair and structured as such I'm not gonna get aand plead a company who's in fact poop to change their ways they broke the game with manas and it took how many months to change it? And the only reason they changed it was because of the population drop on the game which hurt it even worse since people were on their way put with meshing. Simply they don't care and your blind if you can't see it updates take longer to come out and patches take longer to develop due to taking staff to atlas ark is in the closet now  you seem to forget a good game listens to it's community not hear it but go the opposite anyway.....pc has been talk8ng about the poopy kibble system now for months and s+ isn't even the original s+ like how do you  mess up a simple port? There was no need for a change to the s+ not other than they don't get it.

18 hours ago, Praetor said:

Yeah this new system hurts the people in the early game the most. On my end I finally had enough dilo kibble to tame a decent anky/doed when the patch went live and is now basic junk. Now in a pvp server all those regular kibble eggs come from big dinos that are hard to hide and take substantially longer to tame.

Agreed we shouldent have to wait on rex,scorpion,stego,or anky eggs to tame a basic flyer that die half the time anyway its just illogical and pointless tbh 

On 3/11/2019 at 5:04 PM, Wean said:

I don't believe I was rude in any way wildcards already shown how money hungry and content grabby they can be every point I listed is fair and structured as such I'm not gonna get aand plead a company who's in fact poop to change their ways they broke the game with manas and it took how many months to change it? And the only reason they changed it was because of the population drop on the game which hurt it even worse since people were on their way put with meshing. Simply they don't care and your blind if you can't see it updates take longer to come out and patches take longer to develop due to taking staff to atlas ark is in the closet now  you seem to forget a good game listens to it's community not hear it but go the opposite anyway.....pc has been talk8ng about the poopy kibble system now for months and s+ isn't even the original s+ like how do you  mess up a simple port? There was no need for a change to the s+ not other than they don't get it.

how are they money hungry? they aren't requesting payment for the changes they are trying to impliment.  I wasn't actually critiqueing your original point at all i was pointing out that you are dealing with humans, and since the times of yore humans have always demonized our foes consciously or unconsciously.  Stripping them of their humanity by describing them as this money hungry caricature that is preying on you makes it easier for you to maintain outrage and anger.  You do not know what their specific working situation is like, what their workflow is like, whether or not their project manager is competent, whether or not they have unnecessary hoops they have to jump through on a daily basis that makes geting started on a project especially difficult. 

Once again I am not saying you can't have concerns or criticism on your performance, that is human too.  I am saying there is no need to demonize them or treat them poorly or make them feel any worse than they probably do for this.  I am sure as artists the development team feel bad when their art does not work as intended.  People who don't care about the quality of their work do not go into creative jobs.  They go into management or service.

Also it is not a "simple port" it's not just some sort of copy paste.

On 3/11/2019 at 10:04 PM, Wean said:

I don't believe I was rude in any way

Then you really need to go out more. both your posts are very rude.

"trash", "garbage", "brain dead developers", before the end of the first sentence.

I stopped reading after that. I'm sure the developers would not even have opened your post with this title.

6 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

how are they money hungry? they aren't requesting payment for the changes they are trying to impliment.  I wasn't actually critiqueing your original point at all i was pointing out that you are dealing with humans, and since the times of yore humans have always demonized our foes consciously or unconsciously.  Stripping them of their humanity by describing them as this money hungry caricature that is preying on you makes it easier for you to maintain outrage and anger.  You do not know what their specific working situation is like, what their workflow is like, whether or not their project manager is competent, whether or not they have unnecessary hoops they have to jump through on a daily basis that makes geting started on a project especially difficult. 

That is the problem. Nobody knows and nobody (and I don't mean everyone) here will care what their workflow is like. All people care about is how they take care of the game. Its like customers demanding a certain level of etiquette and/or service done to their taste. You can never satisfy everyone, and there will be some oddballs who will stoop to this low.

Its like this: "Your work is busy? Not our problem, its your job and you should do it well, not give excuses." "You can't answer our ticket because you all are busy with other work? We don't care, you answer your ticket fast and quick, or either we quit or we sue." "Your game is freaking buggy! Fix your (insert tons of profanity) game! We don't care what you do, just fix it!"

See where I am going? We don't know, and yet we don't care these days, even if the game is a one time payment or its free. People won't ever be satisfied, and they mostly won't care how things work there.

55 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

That is the problem. Nobody knows and nobody (and I don't mean everyone) here will care what their workflow is like. All people care about is how they take care of the game. Its like customers demanding a certain level of etiquette and/or service done to their taste. You can never satisfy everyone, and there will be some oddballs who will stoop to this low.

Its like this: "Your work is busy? Not our problem, its your job and you should do it well, not give excuses." "You can't answer our ticket because you all are busy with other work? We don't care, you answer your ticket fast and quick, or either we quit or we sue." "Your game is freaking buggy! Fix your (insert tons of profanity) game! We don't care what you do, just fix it!"

See where I am going? We don't know, and yet we don't care these days, even if the game is a one time payment or its free. People won't ever be satisfied, and they mostly won't care how things work there.

I understand where you are going and it's reasonable to expect decent service when you are paying money for it.  I was not trying to make excuses on their behalf i was trying to assist you with empathizing in case drawing from a place of kindness was difficult for you.  It's a shame they aren't actually asking for money for anything at the moment so you could then claim the indignation of a paying customer refusing to further support their product.

what you are doing now is more akin to showing up at a restaurant during closing hours and harrassing the prep crews because you didn't like your last meal, it's best to show up at opening time when they are demanding your money for a product and use your hard earned cash as leverage to affect change. or... be nice.  I'm sorry if you genuinely felt you were being rude but in the culture and time period i was raised, it is rude to belittle people or their work.

OPs's post is kinda a mess but I can't say I disagree. What was the point of putting all these exotic ingredients like fish meat, honey, mushrooms etc into kibbles? Plus WC doubled the amount of crops needed. It makes creating kibble very tedious and annoying and it adds nothing to the gameplay. This is to speak nothing about how awful the tier system is and how it has zero progression anymore.

Just now, girlygirlgamer322 said:

OPs's post is kinda a mess but I can't say I disagree. What was the point of putting all these exotic ingredients like fish meat, honey, mushrooms etc into kibbles? Plus WC doubled the amount of crops needed. It makes creating kibble very tedious and annoying and it adds nothing to the gameplay. This is to speak nothing about how awful the tier system is and how it has zero progression anymore.

While I agree with the point you made, it is still better than the old one. the old one did not offer any sort of progression at all as most people just trained low level versions of whatever they needed eggs for and you often needed eggs from difficult tames to tame simple tames.  This is not what i envisioned either for the kibble rework.

3 minutes ago, girlygirlgamer322 said:

What progression? A dino is useless if it’s only use is to lay eggs.

12 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

What progression? A dino is useless if it’s only use is to lay eggs.

Sad thing is 90% of the creatures in this game r either stepping stones in progression or just for eggs.  Really when u hav a spino, argent, squid, and ur few farmers for stone metal berries ect, u dont need or even want anything else really.  Outside of specific situations lik boss battles and caves.  The use for everything else is subpar and everything else is just for eggs at that point, and we dont even hav that now making most creatures just clutter.  Dont get me wrong, i prefer the new system and understand the increase in kibble difficulty because the kibbles r more useful then just taming 1 creature now.  I just see that the majority of creatures are just worthless now(tho as u said they were kinda worthless b4 too).

The upside as a veteran player is I have all the new tames for the kibbles. I'm going to get rid of my original island kibble farm which had 3-4 layers for each type of imprinting kibble and then some odd ones out to tame specific creatures. The fact that everything was reduced to 6 different kibbles is fantastic. I don't need an extra 100 useless layers in my base. Itchyornis 

BUT it was not done right. I feel like they were really giving it a go and thinking it out, but they ran out of time and shoved an incomplete mess out the door. What we have is a kibble system that does not make sense progression wise. It made sense that dodos and dilos were punchable/very easy tames with eggs that launched you into farming/transportation quickly. This makes sense because it's rough being a bob on a beach. It does not really make sense to me that a dodo's egg tames another dodo... I feel like they gave up there and just threw something out.

Everything seems to need kibble from the same tier. So I guess the idea now is that beach bobs need to run around a tame the easiest tame from each tear by the slow means where as before it was simpler and each kibble was connected to another.

Ideally I feel that kibble should be linked and progress ex. Basic kibble tames simple tames regular and so forth. When I look at the wiki or dododex it seems everything only tames its own tier...

I've been a beach bob. I remember taming a therizino when they first came out. My tribe took shifts on a 9 hour tame with crops or berries... It's not fun. It's definitely rough for solo. I'm surprised at the fact they'd implement such a system when they admit to not testing in a multiplayer environment and only on solo.

There should be one or 2 dinos per tier that are connected to the previous tier. I can personally sort out how I'd go about this if I had zero dinos or kibble but I also know what I'm doing now.

This is my opinion and to be honest I don't really need to complain. I just don't think it's a good system and was poorly guided. It's much better than what was launched on extinction but it's still more of a "beta" stage of the kibble system in my honest opinion. I've got a ton of different kibble that was made before the patch. Our tribe saved up cruddy drake/wyvern eggs to tame basilisks and titanboas, so we will have a lot of extraordinary kibble soon.

I play PvE now and this is more challenging for sure, but it's not the end of the world. Just does not make sense.

I see this being a balance issue for PvP. Beach bobs got low chance of keeping up with the large tribes without some help or allies that are already in the "kibble tier" of advancement lol.

ALSO extraordinary kibble is ridiculous. Golden eggs? That super rough to get. If a player does not own the abberation or scorched dlc then it's ridiculous since a hespi lays like 1 gold egg per day if you're sitting there watching it for 5 hours. This makes it super rough on pvp. That was intentional and I see what the did to push sales. Titanboas should have remained in that tier. The cost and time to tame a titanboa should make it that tier. They don't even lay that much! So that's a pay to win scenario in a way.

i completely agree with you. i think a lot of aspects of the kibble system just seem a bit stupid such as rex eggs being used to make the kibble used to tame rexs. but atleast there are some easier routes into these kibble trees such as the iguanadon. either way as someone currently playing early game on official mutton is god send.

Archived