Kibble made prior to Homestead update

Flapsina

So in the notes before the kibble rework system came out, it said that kibble that was made prior to the update would still work on the dinos that were tamed with that type of kibble. I tried using the mantis kibble that we made prior to the update to tame a Rock Elemental and it didn't work. It just said "Place food in inventory to tame" Am I doing something wrong or did I misunderstand something? Lemme know. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Flapsina said:

So in the notes before the kibble rework system came out, it said that kibble that was made prior to the update would still work on the dinos that were tamed with that type of kibble.

That's not exactly how it actually works now. As I understand it, "old" kibble becomes equivalent to whatever "new" kibble would be made with the same creature's egg under the new system. So, Mantis kibble becomes equivalent to "Superior" kibble, as Mantis eggs are in the "large egg" group (which is used for Superior kibble) now. I believe the Mantis kibble should appear with the same colored border around its icon as new Superior kibble, helpfully.

Unfortunately for you, the real problem is that the devs put Rock Elementals in the group that requires Extraordinary kibble. So you will need to make new kibble using Golden Hesperornis Egg, Rock Drake Egg, or Wyvern Egg instead.

Edit: This thread has some clarification from the devs:

Archived