I can't make kibble anymore

Heden

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Cooperz said:

Well I'm trying to make regular kibble with turtle eggs etc and it's not doing anything in my cooking pot. Really frustrating.. sp mode I'm in

Assuming you have the recipe correct (water is easy to forget), Make sure you are not using an old cooking pot from before the update.  I had to craft and place a new one for the new kibble to work.  Same with industrial cooker.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, LeftySwordMan said:

I'm trying to make dodo kibble and I can't. I looked up the ingredients and I'm doing it right, but it isn't cooking

Dodo kibble doesn't exist anymore.

New kibble system.

Basic, Simple, Regular, Superior, Exceptional, and Extraordinary.

Dodo eggs can be used in the Basic recipe. Look that up instead.

3 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

Question! Can everything be tamed on extraordinary kibble cutting out the need for other egg layers? I rarely needed kibble prior to now. Don't want to make mistakes while out taming.

Technically yes, but it will not give you the proper taming effectiveness. If you dont want your effectiveness to plummet use the proper kibble for the dino you are taming.

36 minutes ago, Miralis said:

Wow, I heard a new kibble system was coming in after I quit but this is way better then I expected. Now its just waiting for the S+ mod we were promised :D. 

They added pieces from S+ . Large Walls, Bigger doors, Tek dedicated storage, Triangle foundations, ceilings, and roofs. Plus a 30 second pick up window on a lot of structure placement. 

We'll probably never get a full S+ but it's a start.

On 6/24/2019 at 10:31 AM, Piffguru said:

Technically yes, but it will not give you the proper taming effectiveness. If you dont want your effectiveness to plummet use the proper kibble for the dino you are taming.

On 6/24/2019 at 11:29 AM, SnowboundGem said:

Thank you

Not true, at all.  As long as the kibble you are using is in the preferred tier or higher, you will get effectiveness as if you are using the preferred tier.

EXAMPLE:  You knock out a 140 Doed and because you have a ton of Extraordinary Kibble, you take 32 with you to tame it.  It eats the kibble at 3.2% tame per piece meaning 32 will give ~102 taming affinity total), and at 50% tamed it is exactly on track at 1x to finish at 99.2% effectiveness (99.6% TE currently with 50% tamed, loss of .4 per 50% so total will be -.8% TE, 99.2% at finish), which is exactly the same as the preferred tier.

Again, as long as you are using preferred tier or higher than preferred tier, you get effectiveness as if you are using the preferred tier.  This is correct, as I sit with the exact situation I described above.  I am looking at a 50% tamed 140 Doed, it has eaten nothing but Extraordinary kibble, and is exactly as effective as its preferred tier.  If I used Regular, Superior, or Exceptional kibble, an identical result would occur.  This is exactly how the system works, once again:  Effectiveness is equivalent (the same) when using a dino's preferred tier kibble or a higher tier kibble during taming.

EDIT:  A base that I failed to cover that might come up:  I am on an Official ARK PvE-network server.

44 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Not true, at all.  As long as the kibble you are using is in the preferred tier or higher, you will get effectiveness as if you are using the preferred tier.

EXAMPLE:  You knock out a 140 Doed and because you have a ton of Extraordinary Kibble, you take 32 with you to tame it.  It eats the kibble at 3.2% tame per piece meaning 32 will give ~102 taming affinity total), and at 50% tamed it is exactly on track at 1x to finish at 99.2% effectiveness (99.6% TE currently with 50% tamed, loss of .4 per 50% so total will be -.8% TE, 99.2% at finish), which is exactly the same as the preferred tier.

Again, as long as you are using preferred tier or higher than preferred tier, you get effectiveness as if you are using the preferred tier.  This is correct, as I sit with the exact situation I described above.  I am looking at a 50% tamed 140 Doed, it has eaten nothing but Extraordinary kibble, and is exactly as effective as its preferred tier.  If I used Regular, Superior, or Exceptional kibble, an identical result would occur.  This is exactly how the system works, once again:  Effectiveness is equivalent (the same) when using a dino's preferred tier kibble or a higher tier kibble during taming.

EDIT:  A base that I failed to cover that might come up:  I am on an Official ARK PvE-network server.

Yes exactly. I have tested this out for myself and using a higher tier of kibble is exactly the same for taming effectiveness as the preferred kibble.

So basically yes if you just aim to produce extraordinary kibble and use that exclusively you will be able to tame every creature in the game with it. Although using extraordinary kibble to tame a phiomia or something like that probably isnt all that worth it unless you are abundant in the resources to make it.

Funnily enough though, extraordinary kibble is one of the easiest in the game to make after you secure a source of eggs (yutys, or apparently fertilized deinonychus eggs) and get a beehive, because it doesn't require jerky or anything else that's really time intensive. I'd rather tame a dozen yutys then sit around waiting for jerky to "cook"...

5 hours ago, Cymas said:

Funnily enough though, extraordinary kibble is one of the easiest in the game to make after you secure a source of eggs (yutys, or apparently fertilized deinonychus eggs) and get a beehive, because it doesn't require jerky or anything else that's really time intensive. I'd rather tame a dozen yutys then sit around waiting for jerky to "cook"...

On top of all this, it works for any kibble requested for imprint as well. 

You can literally make your kibble farm one hundred percent Yuty's and cover all your needs.

I'm actually very pleased at that though mass Yuty's can get a bit laggy.

On 3/11/2019 at 6:25 AM, Heden said:

Yeah so apparently I did it wrong, at first I had it wrong which egg I wanted to use, then I forgot to put meat in. So it was just me being really focused on thinking I did I right. But it's good now

We've all been there. Shouting and swearing until I realise that I forgot the fiber. 

12 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Ok then maybe something was messed up with the system when it first came out on xbox cause I tried it out taming I think a daedon which would need superior kibble. I was low on superior so I used extraordinary and after like 3 kibble the taming effectiveness was down under like 70%. Havent tried it again since I dont do too much wild taming anymore and when I do its usually a max level so I didnt want to waste anymore time or kibble on testing that again.

Sorry for bad info tho.

Also something to note. I think I may have been trying this using rex kibble that was converted to extraordinary and although it acts the same now that part may have been what bugged it out for me.

59 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Ok then maybe something was messed up with the system when it first came out on xbox cause I tried it out taming I think a daedon which would need superior kibble. I was low on superior so I used extraordinary and after like 3 kibble the taming effectiveness was down under like 70%. Havent tried it again since I dont do too much wild taming anymore and when I do its usually a max level so I didnt want to waste anymore time or kibble on testing that again.

Sorry for bad info tho.

Also something to note. I think I may have been trying this using rex kibble that was converted to extraordinary and although it acts the same now that part may have been what bugged it out for me.

If you were playing on Official servers, the Rex kibble would've been considered Exceptional kibble.  But no kibble was converted across 3 servers that I actively play on with over 20 kinds of kibble on two of the three, it was all given a glow but remained the same.  As an example, Pteranodon egg kibble still is called Pteranodon egg kibble, it just has a green glow and can be used on any creature that prefers Simple kibble.

Or is the glow and item-picture-change the conversion you are talking about?

21 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

If you were playing on Official servers, the Rex kibble would've been considered Exceptional kibble.  But no kibble was converted across 3 servers that I actively play on with over 20 kinds of kibble on two of the three, it was all given a glow but remained the same.  As an example, Pteranodon egg kibble still is called Pteranodon egg kibble, it just has a green glow and can be used on any creature that prefers Simple kibble.

Or is the glow and item-picture-change the conversion you are talking about?

Yea thats what I was talking about. It says rex kibble but has the glow and "should" act as extraordinary. I know it works now from many imprints and tames Ive used them on. Its just within the first couple days of the kibble changing I remember people saying it wasnt working properly on their server. I think I remember specifically people saying on SE imprints were still asking for old kibble n the new ones wouldnt be accepted. Stuff like that. So its possible there was a glitch that caused my kibble to not function the way it was supposed to.

But I know for sure that my higher tier kibble being fed to a tame was acting like raw meat or something with the taming % dropping like a brick. Good to know it wasnt supposed to be like that tho and I guess I could just use extraordinary and exceptional for everything at this point.

I guess now I understand a little why people hated on the new system so much when it came out. I guess it takes the challenge(?) out of it if everything can just use the same kibble.

Edit: I noticed I did say extraordinary instead of exceptional about the rex kibble conversion before. My error, but the sentiment was the same.

12 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Yea thats what I was talking about. It says rex kibble but has the glow and "should" act as extraordinary. I know it works now from many imprints and tames Ive used them on. Its just within the first couple days of the kibble changing I remember people saying it wasnt working properly on their server. I think I remember specifically people saying on SE imprints were still asking for old kibble n the new ones wouldnt be accepted. Stuff like that. So its possible there was a glitch that caused my kibble to not function the way it was supposed to.

But I know for sure that my higher tier kibble being fed to a tame was acting like raw meat or something with the taming % dropping like a brick. Good to know it wasnt supposed to be like that tho and I guess I could just use extraordinary and exceptional for everything at this point.

I guess now I understand a little why people hated on the new system so much when it came out. I guess it takes the challenge(?) out of it if everything can just use the same kibble.

Edit: I noticed I did say extraordinary instead of exceptional about the rex kibble conversion before. My error, but the sentiment was the same.

Yeah, maybe part of the rationale behind the new kibble system is pushing people to wholly abandon the lower tiers of kibble in favor of Superior, Exceptional, and Extraordinary for all tames, because end-game tribes have lots of Rexs, Gigas, Yutys, and Argies (in most cases).  You simply don't -NEED- turtles out taking up tame-slots to tame a Bronto, just use Argy eggs to make Superior Kibble, and tame it with that. So, less overall weight on tamecap.

And whereas with the old system, the progression with kibble was kinda step-by-step through a kibble tree (Dodo->Ptera->Turtle->Bronto->Saber) to make you more capable as you acquire more tames, the new system is about progressing through lower level tames and getting rid of them as you advance and stabilize your kibble-making of the next tier/tiers to reduce server and tribe tame overhead, because a higher tier tames everything in its tier AND everything in the lower tiers with effectiveness equivalent to the preferred tier.

Archived