Boss Fights on official PvE

iTzAlex

Why can players not in your tribe or alliance run into the boss fights that you have spent the time collecting everything for and push you out your own fight! How is this a thing!! We constantly being harassed by a tribe running in our fights and pushing our riders out and it appears there is nothing we can do about it =(

1 hour ago, shadowkyuubi said:

do you have the tek transmitter unlocked?

The normal (non-structures-plus) transmitter is not a bossfight starter.  On the S+ modded unofficials, it acts as a bossfight hub.  On Official, which he explicitly stated is the gamemode he is playing, he has the non-S+ transmitter.

35 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Could you define pushing you out?

Oli, on Official PvE, bossfights are sometimes buggy when you start them.  Before you fire off the arena at the obelisk or a supply drop, you have to ensure that everyone is within the summoning circle when the teleport sequence is initiated, and off of dinos (standing on foot by the oby terminal).  When you begin the summoning and you have the ~30 seconds to wait while the portal is created to teleport you, you all have to remain inside the boundaries of the portal, and off of dinos until the teleporting completes.

If a survivor leaves the portal boundaries during the 30 second summoning and re-enters, whether it is a tribemate, an alliancemate, or a stranger looking to troll (they just have to walk inside the portal boundaries), it has a chance to "reset" the survivors who are going to the bossfight and overwrite/exclude everyone already in the circle.

So, even if everyone does everything right with staying within the portal boundaries as well as not-mounted while the portal goes up, all an aspiring troll has to do is run into the circle.  Nothing stops them from running in, and if they get the overwrite, the portal goes up and teleports every dino along with the one troll, leaving the tribe and alliance members on the oby platform.  Without a dino to ride, the troll runs up to the boss and get oneshot.  What happens then?  With no survivors in the arena, all dinos are instantly killed and saddles lost.  The troll then gets to celebrate how mad they made the people, and WildCard sends the tribe a ticket about how they aren't replacing any of their dinos.

EDIT:  Before some know-it-all hero shows up to quote me with an impossibly simple solution for the "overwrite/exclude" scenario, there isn't one.  On Official PvE, there is absolutely no solution at this point for this happening except for not ever doing bossfights, which is in no way a solution.

17 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

The normal (non-structures-plus) transmitter is not a bossfight starter.  On the S+ modded unofficials, it acts as a bossfight hub.  On Official, which he explicitly stated is the gamemode he is playing, he has the non-S+ transmitter.

Oli, on Official PvE, bossfights are sometimes buggy when you start them.  Before you fire off the arena at the obelisk or a supply drop, you have to ensure that everyone is within the summoning circle when the teleport sequence is initiated, and off of dinos (standing on foot by the oby terminal).  When you begin the summoning and you have the ~30 seconds to wait while the portal is created to teleport you, you all have to remain inside the boundaries of the portal, and off of dinos until the teleporting completes.

If a survivor leaves the portal boundaries during the 30 second summoning and re-enters, whether it is a tribemate, an alliancemate, or a stranger looking to troll (they just have to walk inside the portal boundaries), it has a chance to "reset" the survivors who are going to the bossfight and overwrite/exclude everyone already in the circle.

So, even if everyone does everything right with staying within the portal boundaries as well as not-mounted while the portal goes up, all an aspiring troll has to do is run into the circle.  Nothing stops them from running in, and if they get the overwrite, the portal goes up and teleports every dino along with the one troll, leaving the tribe and alliance members on the oby platform.  Without a dino to ride, the troll runs up to the boss and get oneshot.  What happens then?  With no survivors in the arena, all dinos are instantly killed and saddles lost.  The troll then gets to celebrate how mad they made the people, and WildCard sends the tribe a ticket about how they aren't replacing any of their dinos.

EDIT:  Before some know-it-all hero shows up to quote me with an impossibly simple solution for the "overwrite/exclude" scenario, there isn't one.  On Official PvE, there is absolutely no solution at this point for this happening except for not ever doing bossfights, which is in no way a solution.

I play official PVE myself and haven't seen this happen. Sure, sometimes someone sneak in with a bossfight, but I've never seen 1 person triggers something that will prevent the entire group from teleporting into the boss arena/excluding everyone already in. Do you perhaps have a video?

One thing I do know that causes people to miss the teleport is when they move(wether intentionally or not intentionally by a pooping rex for example).

5 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

I play official PVE myself and haven't seen this happen. Sure, sometimes someone sneak in with a bossfight, but I've never seen 1 person triggers something that will prevent the entire group from teleporting into the boss arena/excluding everyone already in. Do you perhaps have a video?

One thing I do know that causes people to miss the teleport is when they move(wether intentionally or not intentionally by a pooping rex for example).

No I don't have a video.  It's a real thing though, I promise you.  I've done it myself on accident to my tribe/alliance, and LUCKILY i was the yuty driver.  I had a Yuty to drive, and downed Beta Rag with an army of unridden Rexs.  We lost one, poor Uno.  You will be remembered.

But yeah, I stepped out of the portal like an idiot, and came back in.  I pushed my tribe/alliance out and went solo.  Like I said, we got lucky but I can tell you most assuredly, it is possible.  It might not happen every time.  It might rarely ever overwrite/exclude, but if it does succeed ONE time, you lose months of ARK work.

By pushing out I mean only 10 riders can go through to the arena so by the two trolls running in it kicks two people in my tribe out and they go through in our our place. Now they don’t have any Dinos and they normally hide up in the hills and if one of our Rex’s die they run in and try and steal the bag which will include the Ascndant Saddle and in one case 200 element as the Rex that died had killed the dragon and the element was sat in it’s inventory. So we’re loosing riders which in turn is getting our dinos killed in there which is costing us boss Rex’s, Ascendant Saddles and element all to a very small low level tribe and from what iv read on the rules there’s nothing we can do about this as what they arnt technically doing anything wrong. So my question to Wildcard is what am I supposed to do to stop this? I need element for my cloning chambers and to run my generators so I have to do these fights so not running them isn’t an option. 

7 hours ago, iTzAlex said:

By pushing out I mean only 10 riders can go through to the arena so by the two trolls running in it kicks two people in my tribe out and they go through in our our place. Now they don’t have any Dinos and they normally hide up in the hills and if one of our Rex’s die they run in and try and steal the bag which will include the Ascndant Saddle and in one case 200 element as the Rex that died had killed the dragon and the element was sat in it’s inventory. So we’re loosing riders which in turn is getting our dinos killed in there which is costing us boss Rex’s, Ascendant Saddles and element all to a very small low level tribe and from what iv read on the rules there’s nothing we can do about this as what they arnt technically doing anything wrong. So my question to Wildcard is what am I supposed to do to stop this? I need element for my cloning chambers and to run my generators so I have to do these fights so not running them isn’t an option. 

Do you announce your boss trips? If people stalk the obelisks you could always use a drop

I've always worried a little about this but never had it happen to me or anyone I know.  Like someone else said, the only "solution" I can think of is to be more secretive(talk in discord or something rather than server chat) about the fact you're running a boss fight and then start it from a drop.  Look up a map of the beacons on whatever map you play and try to find one that seems unlikely for them to happen to stumble across and notice 19 rexes and a yuty waiting around.

Ridiculous that you have to go to that much trouble, people suck.

On 3/10/2019 at 3:32 PM, shadowkyuubi said:

just got to check the platform before starting then

We never announce we are going they just have a base next to blue ob and green ob and unfortunately red ob is pillared to oblivion so we can’t get near it to build a Rex pen. They are doing it on purpose to grief and they hear the sound it makes on the 30second countdown and just casually jog the 10yards from their base into the circle. We have also noticed a potential bug that if you run a boss fight from a drop if you are not the required level it won’t take you, unlike if you run from an ob where any level can go and seeing as alpha rag is level 90 not many of our riders can go from that.

so . not a solution , but limit the risk is all you can do at this point . ideally use a drop . but if you use a drop or ob , do not use global chat .use tribe chat. if your on console also use a group chat to communicate . and other than checking area for survivors which honestly isn't worth it . when you are all ready to go , set up dino then go immediately . when we boss fight . we use combo of obs and drops , depends what server were on . rag , we have rexs in build by ob . we organize fight , use psn group chat . when everyones on server , we use tribe chat . when we are ready to do fight the ob is empty we don't set up in advance. it takes just 5 min to get dinos into position and then we summon immediately . we have witnessed other tribes suffer . lol. they were using global chat and rexs were all set up ready 15 min or hours in advance on the ob. we have never had any unwanted guests in our boss fights

24 minutes ago, brownievec said:

so . not a solution , but limit the risk is all you can do at this point . ideally use a drop . but if you use a drop or ob , do not use global chat .use tribe chat. if your on console also use a group chat to communicate . and other than checking area for survivors which honestly isn't worth it . when you are all ready to go , set up dino then go immediately . when we boss fight . we use combo of obs and drops , depends what server were on . rag , we have rexs in build by ob . we organize fight , use psn group chat . when everyones on server , we use tribe chat . when we are ready to do fight the ob is empty we don't set up in advance. it takes just 5 min to get dinos into position and then we summon immediately . we have witnessed other tribes suffer . lol. they were using global chat and rexs were all set up ready 15 min or hours in advance on the ob. we have never had any unwanted guests in our boss fights

We can’t run from drops as it leaves people under leveled but We do exactly what you said never broadcast it and we have Rex pens at two obs now but it still take like 5-10mins to get them out all lined up and then go and because they have their bases at two obs it’s impossible not to get spotted and to top it off they now have a parasur at each ob near their base that broadcasts we are there. I have heard from a few people that you will be able to run boss fights from the Transmitter soon? Although I can’t find anything confirming it anywhere.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:19 AM, margifish said:

Wow what creeps (the people who do that). O.o The boss fight players on our server are nice, they deliberately ask us lower level/solo players if we want to 'hitchhike' on their boss fights (level permitting) so we can get the achievement/unlock engrams while they kill the boss.

What server you play on I need a boss fight to unlock the Tek transmitter

Archived