why the ichthyosaurus swiming away when i want to tame it?

cyrax76

this is getting really annoying, my first tamed ichthyosaurus in the center was killed by a group of sharks after a minute i tamed it, i killed them all so the won't interrupt my next one, but as soon i feeded a new ichthyosaurus they keep swimming away, like they are fleeing from me, one of them even beached and died instantly

19 hours ago, cyrax76 said:

this is getting really annoying, my first tamed ichthyosaurus in the center was killed by a group of sharks after a minute i tamed it, i killed them all so the won't interrupt my next one, but as soon i feeded a new ichthyosaurus they keep swimming away, like they are fleeing from me, one of them even beached and died instantly

That is normal for hte ichty's, unless you get lucky they are always annoying to tame. There are a few designs for rafts that you can find on youtube that let you build an underwater taming pen to make it easier, just make sure that you don't take the raft out deep enough that an alpha leed's will destroy it.

I normally pull them into a bit of shore line where I can build (they're nosey little beggers when wild). 

I then fire up a few gates to create an enclosure as they will turn and run once fed. The enclosure keeps them from going to far. 

Just make sure to demo the gates afterwards. No one likes a messy islander. 

There are also a few natural "traps" along the shorelines, where offshore rocks are arranged in a "C" shape that is perfect for keeping the ichthys from running off. You just swim close to get their attention, let them follow you into the middle of the "C", position yourself so that the ichthy is between you and the wall of rocks, THEN feed the ichthy for the first time. The ichthy will try to swim away after the initial feeding, but the rocks keep them from going anywhere. Swim right up to them, and you will kind of pin them between yourself and the rocks. This works even better if you have a water tame (say, a baryonx) with you, set to follow at lowest follow distance, to help keep the ichthy pinned down.

Keep on feeding as prompted, and soon you will have a shiny new water mount.

Archived