Large walls won't snap underneath ceilings

Knoxy3004

So a few weeks ago I started building a water pen large enough to house and breed the big nasty. Then I copped wind of a new wall that will be 4 times high. So instead of going through placing each single wall 1 by 1 I held off and waited for the new patch. Only to realise that the new walls could not be placed underneath ceilings!! 

I've tried everything I can think off to trick the new walls to place and nothing works.

Does anyone have any recommendations apart from using small walls?

21 hours ago, Knoxy3004 said:

So a few weeks ago I started building a water pen large enough to house and breed the big nasty. Then I copped wind of a new wall that will be 4 times high. So instead of going through placing each single wall 1 by 1 I held off and waited for the new patch. Only to realise that the new walls could not be placed underneath ceilings!! 

I've tried everything I can think off to trick the new walls to place and nothing works.

Does anyone have any recommendations apart from using small walls?

Until fixed, is there no way you can snap the ceilings on top of the walls in reverse, because I’ve had no issues doing it that way? Alternatively, just snap a single wall on top of each large wall then proceed with snapping the ceilings.

3 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Until fixed, is there no way you can snap the ceilings on top of the walls in reverse, because I’ve had no issues doing it that way? Alternatively, just snap a single wall on top of each large wall then proceed with snapping the ceilings.

I could if I wanted to rebuild the entire water pen.. the ceilings aren't the issue, it the walls.

I've got pillars with a gap in between them all around for the skeleton of the pen with ceilings placed on top of the pillars.. I used trickery to make sure the pillars are flush to ceiling with nothing popping through ceilings. 

I'll post a pic later if I remember :)

We just reworked part of our water pen with the 4x walls (replacing the 1x walls). And there was no way we were able to get the walls to "hang" from the top. Our water pen has a actual floor (not sea bed) so we were able to strip one column out and filled in with the 4x and topped off with 1x as needed.
Otherwise - yeah, they are broke

Archived