kibble update

kylethebeast

2 hours ago, kylethebeast said:

ive been wondering who all likes the current kibble update, who like the old and why

The idea behind the change is good and sound - less dino hoarding (for all the old kibble types) means less stress on the servers and less lag.

The execution of that idea raises some questions like whether devs know their own game or not...

4 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

The idea behind the change is good and sound - less dino hoarding (for all the old kibble types) means less stress on the servers and less lag.

The execution of that idea raises some questions like whether devs know their own game or not...

Yeah, I made a couple of spreadsheets to get a better look at it (which creatures on which map, I got from the wiki; what kibble each creature creates and prefers, I got from the patch notes): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z1q-YVlvQ2_GpVZcOj8chn-_-kHFbSKlBewzi2_PcZM/edit#gid=442603505

There are multiple weird things to note from that data - the worst one being that hesperonis is your one option for getting kibble on either The Island or The Center, which is probably the most mentioned issue. Also, I feel that there are too many creatures without a preferred kibble still (some of the ones noted "No kibble" have alternate taming methods, which is fine), also, the classification is weird... I might do a deep rethink of all of it and suggest a new, thought through (from my perspective) version. I don't expect the devs to copy anything I do, but if I'm really lucky, they start thinking about the system more :) 

It's hard to pinpoint what it is really, but to me the whole system reeks of "un-thought-through-ness" (sure, that's a word?! ? )

Tbh i am not a fan of the new kibble network, since it is a bit messed up. I mean Extraordinary kibble with golden Hesperonis , wyvern and drake egg. Thats bad for the island and The center, since there is only the golden egg. Thyla taming is going to be a pain in the ass. 

But there are no other eggs, that could be used for the extraordinary kibble. Maybe tek eggs? Or fish/amphibian eggs?

At least the devs are thinking about improvements. For now, it is going into a good direction.

On 3/9/2019 at 2:03 PM, BlueberryJackal said:

Tbh i am not a fan of the new kibble network, since it is a bit messed up. I mean Extraordinary kibble with golden Hesperonis , wyvern and drake egg. Thats bad for the island and The center, since there is only the golden egg. Thyla taming is going to be a pain in the ass. 

But there are no other eggs, that could be used for the extraordinary kibble. Maybe tek eggs? Or fish/amphibian eggs?

At least the devs are thinking about improvements. For now, it is going into a good direction.

10 minutes ago, kylethebeast said:

i personally like the new idea about kibble not needing a million animals but the fact they took titan boa eggs from the top tier kibble making is a bit annoying since titan boa taming is not cheap or easy and they do not yield Manny eggs so it was quite balanced in my opinion

I'd agree with these.  I'd definitely say it's an overall good idea, but could use a little tweaking.  Titanoboa eggs were fine being in the top category and would've been everyone's go-to without being too easy and then the others would've been a nice little bonus for something to do with those eggs when you have them(like an actual use for low wyvern eggs instead of just eating them). 

I like the idea of tek eggs although those might be a little too easy overall...  Maybe just tek quetzal?  You could also make it so one tek quetz egg works but other tek eggs require more than one, although that might be a bad road to go down since it'd get people right back to hoarding a bunch of tek parasaurs and tek raptors then leaving them out all the time for their eggs.

Archived