bugs Managarmrs GONE [BUG]

So there is a bug while riding a Managarmr that makes you lose the Mana, you entire inventory, and any dinos that are following you/Mana. This has happened once a few months ago but now, in the past 2 days it has happened 2 more times. AND because me and my friend are on an official server we will probably never be recompensed for something that was Ark’s fault. I’ll give my own hypothesis as to why this bug occured. So in all three instances, the Mana was in a state of free-fall from a great height as opposed to slamming into the ground. They would all free-fall to the ground or right before. Now, on Managarmrs this shouldn’t be an issue as you don’t take fall damage on them. However, in the event of a lag spike (probably a really bad one), the fall damage mechanic and the Mana’s no fall damage mechanic probably conflict with each other, causing you to “die” without actually “dying,” hence the respawn screen without the red X marking your death point. This would mean that this glitch/bug should be rare. Well, this is unfortunately not the case. Because of the new kibble update, lag is very rampant (at least on CrossArk6), especially on Scorched Earth. This makes the glitch much more common. I obviously can’t test this hypothesis though for fear of it actually working and me losing another Mana. Please fix this!! It is a very old bug that is becoming more common! (Also give me back my 2 Manas and my Pterra! And my stuff...)

4 minutes ago, DaInsaneHurricane117 said:

So there is a bug while riding a Managarmr that makes you lose the Mana, you entire inventory, and any dinos that are following you/Mana. This has happened once a few months ago but now, in the past 2 days it has happened 2 more times. AND because me and my friend are on an official server we will probably never be recompensed for something that was Ark’s fault. I’ll give my own hypothesis as to why this bug occured. So in all three instances, the Mana was in a state of free-fall from a great height as opposed to slamming into the ground. Now, on Managarmrs this shouldn’t be an issue as you don’t take fall damage on them. However, in the event of a lag spike (probably a really bad one), the fall damage mechanic and the mana’s no fall damage mechanic probably conflict with each other, causing you to “die” without actually “dying,” hence the respawn screen without the red X marking your death point. This would mean that this glitch/bug should be rare. Well, this is unfortunately not the case. Because of the new kibble update, lag is very rampant (at least on CrossArk6), especially on Scorched Earth. This makes the glitch much more common. I obviously can’t test this hypothesis though for fear of it actually working and me losing another Mana. Please fix this!! It is a very old bug that is becoming more common! (Also give me back my 2 Manas and my Pterra! And my stuff...)

Are you in pvp? Because that would make the difference between me insulting you or helping you.

18 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

Are you in pvp? Because that would make the difference between me insulting you or helping you.

Yes I am on pvp. Its an Orp server. And no I was not killed by another player. The game just lags out, then you’re at the respawn screen with no red X. Neither is there a death notice for me, the Managarmr, nor the Pterra that was following me. This has happened to an old tribe mate (months ago), a recent partner of mine, and to me. This is also my first run through of the game so my knowledge of how Ark works is very limited. So, if you have any info that would help then please, let me know.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:44 AM, DaInsaneHurricane117 said:

So there is a bug while riding a Managarmr that makes you lose the Mana, you entire inventory, and any dinos that are following you/Mana. This has happened once a few months ago but now, in the past 2 days it has happened 2 more times. AND because me and my friend are on an official server we will probably never be recompensed for something that was Ark’s fault. I’ll give my own hypothesis as to why this bug occured. So in all three instances, the Mana was in a state of free-fall from a great height as opposed to slamming into the ground. They would all free-fall to the ground or right before. Now, on Managarmrs this shouldn’t be an issue as you don’t take fall damage on them. However, in the event of a lag spike (probably a really bad one), the fall damage mechanic and the Mana’s no fall damage mechanic probably conflict with each other, causing you to “die” without actually “dying,” hence the respawn screen without the red X marking your death point. This would mean that this glitch/bug should be rare. Well, this is unfortunately not the case. Because of the new kibble update, lag is very rampant (at least on CrossArk6), especially on Scorched Earth. This makes the glitch much more common. I obviously can’t test this hypothesis though for fear of it actually working and me losing another Mana. Please fix this!! It is a very old bug that is becoming more common! (Also give me back my 2 Manas and my Pterra! And my stuff...)

Just don't ruin the game by playing with mana's. Karma eh

If you have proof, submit a ticket and they'll replace it.  I actually have an appointment scheduled for Thursday for the same thing. Disconnected from the garbage server I play on(and am in the process of moving off of) and when I joined back, I and the mana were both dropping from the ceiling of the map.  I died, the ground ate the mana.  They're going to give me a replacement that won't be as good, but at least it'll be something and will still be pretty good and 100% imprinted since I had proof that mine was.

If you don't have proof... Well, they probably won't do anything and you should start saving an instant replay on GeForce Experience or whatever you want to use whenever something like that happens.

1 hour ago, iHartOvi8 said:

If you have proof, submit a ticket and they'll replace it.  I actually have an appointment scheduled for Thursday for the same thing. Disconnected from the garbage server I play on(and am in the process of moving off of) and when I joined back, I and the mana were both dropping from the ceiling of the map.  I died, the ground ate the mana.  They're going to give me a replacement that won't be as good, but at least it'll be something and will still be pretty good and 100% imprinted since I had proof that mine was.

If you don't have proof... Well, they probably won't do anything and you should start saving an instant replay on GeForce Experience or whatever you want to use whenever something like that happens.

Kinda hard to have proof a mana that disappears from your tribe logs... especially since I wasnt anticipating its disappearance.

1 hour ago, DaInsaneHurricane117 said:

Kinda hard to have proof a mana that disappears from your tribe logs... especially since I wasnt anticipating its disappearance.

Like I said, I'd definitely recommend from now on setting your instant replay in GeForce Experience(or something similar) so that you can save it if anything like that happens.  Like in the video I linked.  I have mine set to save the last 15 minutes so once that happened and I saved the replay, I had more than enough to trim it down to show what I needed.  For that I only needed 1:20 but there was one time that the server crashed after I'd gotten a 170 ice wyvern egg and transferred it.  It rolled back to before I had downloaded it, so I lost the egg. If I'd have had like 10-15 minutes on my replay instead of just five at that point, I could've shown that I had the egg.  Not sure if they'd replace an egg anyway but I could've at least had proof to try.

You could go ahead and submit a ticket anyway, but I doubt they'll do anything without proof since just anyone could go "Hey I don't have proof but the ground ate my managarmr."

17 minutes ago, iHartOvi8 said:

Like I said, I'd definitely recommend from now on setting your instant replay in GeForce Experience(or something similar) so that you can save it if anything like that happens.  Like in the video I linked.  I have mine set to save the last 15 minutes so once that happened and I saved the replay, I had more than enough to trim it down to show what I needed.  For that I only needed 1:20 but there was one time that the server crashed after I'd gotten a 170 ice wyvern egg and transferred it.  It rolled back to before I had downloaded it, so I lost the egg. If I'd have had like 10-15 minutes on my replay instead of just five at that point, I could've shown that I had the egg.  Not sure if they'd replace an egg anyway but I could've at least had proof to try.

You could go ahead and submit a ticket anyway, but I doubt they'll do anything without proof since just anyone could go "Hey I don't have proof but the ground ate my managarmr."

Good point. Either way Im mor einterested in getting the bug fixed rather than getting the mana’s and my pterra back. I have breeder sto replace them but I just wanna make sure that this bug gets some attention and this is probably a sure fire way.

16 hours ago, DaInsaneHurricane117 said:

Good point. Either way Im mor einterested in getting the bug fixed rather than getting the mana’s and my pterra back. I have breeder sto replace them but I just wanna make sure that this bug gets some attention and this is probably a sure fire way.

I fully support.
Dino, I will grow another one, but if the error remains, the question arises why use it :(

Archived