TLC Ideas

HectorHellious

Disclaimer - These are my ideas. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Amphibians

Beelzebufo

• Bug to Paste - Allow Melee to effect the amount of paste harvested from insects

Diplocaulus

• Jet Slip - An ability, much like the Pteradon's Drill Attack, that will allow a dash forward to allow escape from danger. Give it a 30 sec cool down and deals no damage.
  • Shock Proof - No longer effected by Electrophorus or Cnidaria, but this does not protect its rider.
  • Aqua Invertebrate Hunter -  Change Trilobite Hunter ability to deal 5x damage to Ammonite, Cnidaria, Leech, Eurypterid, and Trilobite

Birds

Archaeopteryx 

• Shoulder Chute - Change the Archaeopteryx to be a shoulder tame. To deploy (hold it within your hands) the Archaeopteryx as a "Glider", you must have no item in hand and hold Jump Hot-Key for 2 seconds (minimum) and the same to retract (place on your shoulder).
  • Jet Glide - While gliding, toggling the Sprint Hot-Key will increase your forward motion at the cost of the Archaeopteryx's stamina.  Increasing Archaeopteryx's speed stat will not change the gliding speed.

Ichthyornis 

• Hostile No More - Change it to be passive unless provoked or near dinos that effect its "hunt and retrieve" ability.
  • Disarm - When riding a player it has a chance to disarm an attacking player

Kairuku

• Mini Fridge - Increase spoil times of items within inventory. Can make Iced Canteen / Water Jar like the Refrigerator.

Dinosaurs

Diplodocus

• Tail Whip - Give alternative attack that deals damage
  • Tek Saddle - Gives protection to all the riders from projectiles and elemental attacks (Wyvern Breath)

Pachy

• Increase torpor damage

Pachyrhinosaurus

• Raging essence - Rage Gas Acts more like Rare Flower Effect

Parasaur

• Parasaur wont defect people wearing a full ghillie suit

Pegomastax

• Disarm - While riding your shoulder, it has a chance to disarm attacking players

Yutyrannus

• Courage Roar - Effects itself but buff is reduced to 10%, Allies still gain 25% buff.
  • Savage Feathered Tyrant - Make is appear less like fur and more like feathers, much like the raptor

Fantasy

Unicorn

• Horn Attack - Normal attack gives small bleed effect

Fish

Fishing Basket

• Add that Ammonite can be tamed

Invertebrates 

Achatina

• Food - increase eating from berries/crops trough at half food instead of 10% food
  • Insect Paste - make it so it eats chitin to make paste on top of its normal 100 production
  • Shell - major defense increase when in shell

Araneo

• Spider Feet - Ability to climb walls
  • Venomous - Bite attack has a chance to apply a debuff to stamina and DPS

Giant Bee

• Honey Anti-Theft - If the hive is not locked then anyone can access it but enemy players not wearing proper armor will take double normal bee effect and bears and steal honey from even locked hives

Lymantria

• Faster Flight - Slightly faster than argy
  • Nocturnal - buff to speed and healing at night and debuff speed and stamina during day
  • Butterfly - Add either a skin or variation
  • Spores - Spores change to a 5 second stun then a 20 second speed rebuff
  • Silk Factor - Its been stated by WC and the doisers that is does(or will) do it and many years later still doesn't. Make its poop count for like 100 silk or make it produce silk like the Achatina does paste in a 100 stack per hour

Pulmonoscorpius

• Tranq - Make stinger attack deal less damage but more torpo like its water brother
  • Nocturnal - buff to speed and healing at night and debuff speed and stamina during day

Invertebrates 

• Make all able to breed (besides bees, dung beetles, or Achatina) - Add an incubation items that breaks when they become adolescent and turn into small versions of the tames or just make them act like other dinosaur and make them just hatch tiny versions. Either way we are happy

Mammals

Megaloceros

• Female Bite - Give attack ability to deal very low damage and harvest berries

Onychonycteris 

• Bat Bite - Its attack has a low chance to infect a survivor with a variant of Swamp Fever.

RollRat

• Miner - If left on wander it will have the chance to dig up stone, sand, clay, or gems

Sabertooth

• Pack Buff

Reptiles

Liopleurodon

• Change limited tame time to act more like Titansaur with a low "non-upgradeable" food

ThornyDragon

• Make needles do more torpor

1 hour ago, HectorHellious said:

Shell - major defense increase when in shell

Snails already take less damage at the shell.

Bat Bite - Its attack has a low chance to infect a survivor with a variant of Swamp Fever.

Bats already have a chance of infecting with “Megarabies” when they bite.

(besides bees, dung beetles, or Achatina)

Why don’t you want dung beetles breedable? I understand why not the others, but why dung beetles?

40 minutes ago, Royalstar said:

Snails already take less damage at the shell.

Bats already have a chance of infecting with “Megarabies” when they bite.

Why don’t you want dung beetles breedable? I understand why not the others, but why dung beetles?

Snails need a better buff

I forgot about megarabies

dung beetles are small and genderless like the bee and snail, and pretty much every survivor's main fertilizer/oil producer

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

I want the right click frog attack to double as a whip (for picking things up)

I also wish they would do a double click whip system, left to pick stuff up and right to move dinos. I hate trying to pick up a mess of eggs but accidentally sending things all over!

I don't know about the frog as a whip but agree about the Whip needing two attacks. One to move Dinos and One to Pick stuff up

15 minutes ago, RafaelSpiderWick said:

Tamed female wyverns could produce at least 1 milk each time period.

All animals could visually display on their saddles something to indicate they are carrying things, as the Wildcard team itself showed in one of the Comunity Crunch images a few weeks ago

Not bad idea and that was saddle emporium a sponsored mod

9 hours ago, TravisMichael said:

I'd like to see Doedicurus get a damage boost when fighting a Rock Gollum. Makes sense considering they harvest stone and it's made of stone.

Ooh, thats a good one I like that and makes a lot of sense

9 hours ago, MarkMartin said:

"Shock Proof - No longer effected by Electrophorus or Cnidaria, but this does not protect its rider."

This is stupid and makes no f ucking sense.

Also judging by your other proposals you demonstrate your lack of knowledge on the game. 

How does it not make sense? You are not truly "riding" the Diplocaulus like other tames. You can only hold onto it while swimming which means it wouldn't be able to provide you with protection.

Also, I stated that these we just my opinions and suggestions from playing for the last 3 years. I would like to thank you though for coming and insulting others like a child instead of giving constructive criticism. Why not show your "superior" knowledge of ARK and give some TLC ideas of your own.

12 hours ago, HectorHellious said:

Ooh, thats a good one I like that and makes a lot of sense

How does it not make sense? You are not truly "riding" the Diplocaulus like other tames. You can only hold onto it while swimming which means it wouldn't be able to provide you with protection.

Also, I stated that these we just my opinions and suggestions from playing for the last 3 years. I would like to thank you though for coming and insulting others like a child instead of giving constructive criticism. Why not show your "superior" knowledge of ARK and give some TLC ideas of your own.

First, I haven't said anywhere that I have a "superior" knowledge of the game. Second, balancing the dinos on such a large game is too difficult for me to spend an hour writing down my ideas for TLC. Plus, Wilcard will never pay attetion to our requests. They pay attention to modders instead.

By the way. When I said you lack knowledge on the game, I wasn't insulting you. It's a fact that you dont even know the stuff you're talking about (achatinas TLC suggestion cough cough).

On 3/9/2019 at 5:46 PM, MarkMartin said:

First, I haven't said anywhere that I have a "superior" knowledge of the game. Second, balancing the dinos on such a large game is too difficult for me to spend an hour writing down my ideas for TLC. Plus, Wilcard will never pay attetion to our requests. They pay attention to modders instead.

By the way. When I said you lack knowledge on the game, I wasn't insulting you. It's a fact that you dont even know the stuff you're talking about (achatinas TLC suggestion cough cough).

No, I know they have a small amount of defense when they go within their shell, I was speaking of a buffet for it since it is still relatively easy to kill an a chat in as while in its shell. Almost no difference when attacked outside its shell.

I have a fair knowledge of the game and I agree that I doubt anyone from WC will see our opinions, but a modern my take interest and do something since modders do receive WC attention. But your comments help no one. Which questions why speak at all if you are only here to ruin the party?

Archived