managarmr These Nerfs Need To Be Fixed!!

YourFavoriteOni

23 hours ago, YourFavoriteOni said:

What a sad, sad day...

Such a beautiful creature... wasted. I would love to see their overall melee buffed since their breath was heavily nerfed, and their stamina after tame either increased, or no longer consumes so much upon boosting and air dodging. 

Completely agree the Mana was the first creature in a long time I fell in love with and was breeding to have a good supply of backups for my new main steed, now Its back in the freezer for the lot they serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever and are entirely useless.

5 hours ago, YourFavoriteOni said:

I do, but I've had tamed several level 300 Manas and they all came out with around 1500 stam total. So that... kinda confuses me.

Thats like base stats...you level them up. WIth 1500 base stam you can easily get 4K+ stam once levelled.

Not that you even need to.

Even a 1500 stam mana will cross the ragnarok map faster than any wyvern you could ever have on officials and annihilate any wild dino in land, air or sea. How on Earth are you finding manas slow and weak ? Whats fast or strong to you ?

31 minutes ago, monomania said:

Completely agree the Mana was the first creature in a long time I fell in love with and was breeding to have a good supply of backups for my new main steed, now Its back in the freezer for the lot they serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever and are entirely useless.

What dinos you have in your tribe thats faster and more powerful than a mana then ?

4 hours ago, Ocicat said:

From a PvP standpoint, manas have been overpowered. However, instead of nerfing them other counters should have been introduced. Not saying some nerfs are warranted but not to the level they have been. Are they strong? Yes they are and they were meant to be. The devs have said that short of the titans they were Extinction's end level tames. What is the point of having an end level tame that constantly gets bopped on the nose with the nerf bat until they're basically a meme of their former glory. So I think that some nerfs are warranted but would have preferred new counters being introduced (maybe through a TLC pass of other dinos?) than all the nerfs they have received.

From a PvE perspective, leave them as they were. Here's the thing about PvE, once you get established there really isn't any threat to you as a player. Having a a really strong dino like the mana is just fun. And for PvE players, fun is the name of the game. We build, breed, and enjoy our communities. We aren't as hard core as the PvPers and we don't want that type of experience (and the anxiety that comes with it). Unlike in PvP, a player having a mana in PvE doesn't really affect anyone else's game play in a meaningfully negative way as where in PvP that's certainly not the case. So for PvE I'd say let us have our overpowered wolf serpent thingy. Not because we need it but because it's fun to have and play with.

With that being said though, we run into a couple of issues. 1. I'm not sure Wildcard can separate how manas operate in PvP versus PvE. Or if they can they won't due to the work involved. Which means if they are too overpowered in PvP then nerfs are incoming and PvE players just get stuck with those nerfs. Problem #2 is the counters that could be introduced instead of nerfs. Again this comes down to effort of Wildcard's part to make effective counters to the mana to keep them just as powerful but not as effective due to other dinos negating their abilities some what. And again, Wildcard either doesn't know what counters they could implement to do this, or the amount of work required isn't worth it to them.

I've never been a proponent of nerfing things. I've always been of the mindset that nerfing is just lazy when there are other options available in the form of buffing something else or providing counters to bring better balance. But time is finite and sadly Wildcard has to allocate it on many different parts of this game. So while I'm not a fan of the mana nerfs I'm honestly not surprised that they keep happening.

Light pets counter reapers, they could make something similar for manas. It existed actually, the dino leash would stop the manas ice breath. They could just re-enable it and the mana would be balanced for PVP, and all without making PVE players unhappy.

On 3/8/2019 at 11:15 AM, YourFavoriteOni said:

So, I play on a Nitrado Cluster for the xbox, and have been enjoying the S+ update! It seems great... until you start building and realize the new structures don't even snap properly! Great job beta testers... great job... beta... testing...?

If you had even bothered to read the report thread before making your assumptions you would have seen that many (most?) of the issues Homestead introduced, was reported during the beta.

On 3/8/2019 at 11:15 AM, YourFavoriteOni said:

I heard Griffins, Drakes, and Wyverns are all going to be made breedable.

[...]

And I heard the Direwolves were getting some sort of saddle as well.

It has been requested and discussed, that doesn't mean it's going to happen. People need to stop talking about wishes like they're actually going to happen! ?‍♀️

1 hour ago, covenantgrunt said:

What dinos you have in your tribe thats faster and more powerful than a mana then ?

Lol if im pretty much stuck on the ground as Manas are now, even a Galli is a better match,  the forward dash on Manas now spend the stamina so fast you spent more time waiting for regen than moving. They also get stuck on even small rocks and trees making them even more useless.

Also to hell with PVP and all nerfs that destroy PVE cause some whining morons on PVP is upset. I vacuate myself on PVP in this game.

4 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:
4 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

Thats like base stats...you level them up. WIth 1500 base stam you can easily get 4K+ stam once levelled.

Not that you even need to.

Even a 1500 stam mana will cross the ragnarok map faster than any wyvern you could ever have on officials and annihilate any wild dino in land, air or sea. How on Earth are you finding manas slow and weak ? Whats fast or strong to you ?

So, I was wrong about their damage. My Mana, after tame without levels, was hitting for around 44 damage per .5 seconds with the ice breath and now hits for 22. However, thats for specific creatures. The bigger the creature, the smaller the damage output. Brontos seem to only take about 12 dmg, and thats within melee range. My Mana is level 491 with 674% melee (and this is a leveled Mana I personally use) and it takes me a good 10 minutes to kill a level 150 Bronto. Took someone 45 minutes to kill a wild 280 Giga the day after the nerf to test out the damage output and stated that the giga was only taking 2 dmg per .5 seconds. It's almost like with the Velos to be honest. They were able to easily slay wild Gigas with ease, but now it takes nearly a team of 5 level 400+ Velos to kill a level 50 wild Giga. And I need that sort of defense considering I'm based by Green Ob on Rag, where Gigas are usually known to spawn.

4 hours ago, Zahlea said:

If you had even bothered to read the report thread before making your assumptions you would have seen that many (most?) of the issues Homestead introduced, was reported during the beta.

It has been requested and discussed, that doesn't mean it's going to happen. People need to stop talking about wishes like they're actually going to happen! ?‍♀️

I've noticed. The recent update on console has reduced the lag greatly!

As for the wishes thing...? I was asking out of sheer curiosity as I've heard players talking about it recently but could never provide any sort of proof or links to such discussions. So I figured I'd ask a community that would probably know more on the topic than me, or them.

2 hours ago, monomania said:

Lol if im pretty much stuck on the ground as Manas are now, even a Galli is a better match,  the forward dash on Manas now spend the stamina so fast you spent more time waiting for regen than moving. They also get stuck on even small rocks and trees making them even more useless.

Also to hell with PVP and all nerfs that destroy PVE cause some whining morons on PVP is upset. I vacuate myself on PVP in this game.

Yeah I had some serious issues with pvp players the moment I started playing this game. They got super personal with a friend of mine. Long story short, and just skipping the details, she no longer plays this game due to those assholes.

As for the Mana though, it still does "decent" damage, but I'm also playing on a boosted cluster. Even then though, I spend more time waiting for my Manas stamina to regen than I do boosting around. Even with 6k stam, I can only boost about 4-5 times before I need to land and wait, and I'm barely 1/4th across the damn map. I do, however, wish Manas could continuesly boost without needing to air dash forward for another boost.

Also, with the Mana's training... if a Mana isn't trained, it jumps away from its owner if they're attacked and the owner is dismounted. So for them to really be nerfed makes little sense to me. Regardless though, I'm probably going to keep using mine. I love it too much to just toss it to the side.

46 minutes ago, YourFavoriteOni said:

As for the wishes thing...? I was asking out of sheer curiosity as I've heard players talking about it recently but could never provide any sort of proof or links to such discussions. So I figured I'd ask a community that would probably know more on the topic than me, or them.

Ah, sorry, that last part was not directed at you but at those who said it to you.

Let me show all of you what the current stage is with managarmars on pvp servers.
This is what has become of pvp for the most part.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/518196787652198400/555006123489624075/Mana_Plague.mp4

And this is what people can do with managarmars and a rocket launcher to turret walls with 100 turrets
https://gyazo.com/06a97ff3dc57fea9c41d789954b97793

They should be removed from the game at least on pvp.
Or at least treat them like flyers so you cant mount them in caves where 1 rocket can drop an entire base due to 6x damage......

• 5 months later...

Managarmrs as of the first bug fix with the ice breath hit box, were broken. But they were meant to be a counter for turrets and other flying dinos. If people wanted a nerf, so many things could have been done, such as I don’t know, GET A MANAGARMR!! It’s like asking for a nerf on gigas because rexes don’t stand a chance or a nerf on wyverns cause pteranodons don’t stand a chance. If y’all really like ark and are in a SEMI DECENT tribe, y’all wouldn’t complain cause y’all could have an awesome managarmr battle. Our tribe had 4 active people, and we had the best managarmrs on the server, including MEGA TRIBES! Nothing should have changed cause smart people could have defended against it. Natural selection would have occurred. Why nerf something to uselessness when it was accessible to literally everybody? It doesn’t make sense. They are a game changing dino, so we’re things like reaper kings and wyverns and griffins when they were first released.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:15 AM, YourFavoriteOni said:

Oh, I also heard a few things I'd like confirmation on.

I heard Griffins, Drakes, and Wyverns are all going to be made breedable.

Also heard Wyverns are supposed to be getting Tek/Regular saddles.

And I heard the Direwolves were getting some sort of saddle as well.

All false....

They said they were going to add bug breeding like 2 years ago XD.

And about the beta testing...

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d2cf2ac765630692e

This is there testing team at work.

I personally never had a problem with prenerf mana they are so squishy it's ridiculous. Easily  clapped ... few purlovia\micro raptors  a fab sniper \shocking\  darts\ plant z. ez clap I was raided by 10 mana lol none survived  adapt and evolve you pvp meta .overcome the thought of being powerless against few pixels...be smarter  than what your working with...

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 3/8/2019 at 4:09 AM, Vaculity said:

Going to say a few things:

Just because Wildcard made the beta testing for the major patch doesn't mean the end result will be flawless. There will always be holes that didn't get patched up properly, especially since most of their releases always have a giant hole that "needs time to patch up".

When mana gets nerfed, people complained why the nerf.

When mana gets buffed, people start QQing how OP it is.

The complaints are even more frequent in Reddit and Forums than in game.

Honestly? Mana is broken, Underpowered and Overpowered, especially in PvP. Wildcard has been trying to figure out how to deal with this mess and so far, it always ended up with one side irritated at them for whatever patch they made to it. Honestly, they shouldn't even have introduced it in the first place prior to Extinction release if people are gonna be a douche about it.

Take rumors with a grain of salt, thats what I am gonna say:

• Griffins are breedable in Mobile edition (with a twist), but aren't breedable in other platform. Drakes and Wyverns, unless they announced it, will never be breedable, even if they have the Mating option.
  • There is a supposed Tek Saddle for Wyverns in the Dev Kit, but they aren't available in game. Items don't even exist either.
  • This was a long term wait, but there hasn't been any news about this for a very long time.

Random person from the future. I now present you with breedable wyverns XD

Archived