triceratops saddle question

GameFreak

i just want to know if they reduced the armor on triceratops saddles at some point? the only reason i ask is because i just got an ascendent saddle and saddle blueprint with 60ish armor on both of them and the last time i remember getting an ascendent saddle for a triceratops it had 100 armor but that was a good while ago so i dont know if anything has changed.

• 3 months later...

All items in ARK have multiple variables when deciding how they look in a loot crate. For armor, it's both insulation stats (considered individually), armor, and durability. Weapons have damage and durability, etc.

There's also random chance. For instance, I've gotten apprentice blueprints for weapons anywhere from 105% to 175% damage, and sometimes it seems there's no real reason.

Saddles are kind of the same way... I expect the base armor is considered (of course) but it's possible there's something else. I've seen mastercraft saddles with higher armor than ascendant ones.

In addition, Trike Saddle base armor is 20.0 points, whereas many saddles are set to 25.0 as engram-grade. That's most likely why you're finding lower armor saddles.

5 hours ago, Sikameister said:

Where do you get these trike saddles. Im on ragnarok map. Cant seem to find any or info about it.

On Ragnarok, Trike Saddles can be found in green drops (level 15 to access). They most likely won't spawn in the desert area drops, as those follow scorched earth loot tables.

Happy hunting!

1 hour ago, CatM0de said:

Saddles are kind of the same way... I expect the base armor is considered (of course) but it's possible there's something else. I've seen mastercraft saddles with higher armor than ascendant ones.

There's also durability stat. It was visible before (2015-2016, I don't remember), but at one point the devs hid it. Saddle cost greatly depends on durability.

On 3/8/2019 at 5:47 AM, GameFreak said:

i just want to know if they reduced the armor on triceratops saddles at some point?

Not sure. I don't have many saddles, but from what I've seen, they should have the same armour as normal saddles.

ive gotten a large number with only 70 armor for ascendant so im guessing they were nerfed at some point.

as for where i got the, surface drops on ab. but i believe the best place to get good ones on the other maps are cave drops, on rag i think it was the lava golem cave for triceratops saddles but not too sure. but cave drops can have much better quality loot than the normal drops but certain caves have different loot pools.

Archived