GG Wildcard

JB4222

Losing a server we have lived on and defended since almost the beginning of new servers to ddosing scumbags. 

Defenders pull a titan? No problem just ddos.
Defenders have too many numbers? No problem just ddos.
Defenders wiping your fob? No problem just ddos.
Defenders have a huge push going? No problem just ddos.
Too tired? Too short on numbers? Just bored? No problem just ddos.

This game is a joke. I have played through all the cheating, bugs, glitches, exploits this game has had since legacy. I have never cheated once. I have been one of the biggest proponents of clean play in every tribe and alliance i have been a part of and helped lead. I am not afraid to be wiped and welcome the pvp, but this is just complete garbage. Losing 1.5 years worth of work to cheating scumbags in the matter of a few days is just ridiculous. 

This has been an ongoing issue and has only become worse. Yet we have seen no resolution from wildcard. The same people who cheat are always there and unpunished. Surely you know who these people are....

You just lost yet another long time customer. I'm sure you are proud of the toxic community your inaction has allowed to continue.

GG Wildcard.

7 hours ago, Xenithar said:

How do you know it was a DDOS attack? Do you have access to the Windows Event Viewer or Linux system logs on the Ark server?

Server don't just suddenly crash and rollback frequently without a reason. Its a dirty trick thats been constantly used by cowards in PvP official just to have it their way.

36 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Server don't just suddenly crash and rollback frequently without a reason. Its a dirty trick thats been constantly used by cowards in PvP official just to have it their way.

It's the same kind of people that when they realize women arent interested in them they would sooner turn to dropping pills into their drinks rather than working on their social skills.

Rolling back requires admin intervention. I have had plenty of crashes due to bugs over the years with my cluster and rollbacks don't magically happen. Rolling back requires a person with server access to delete/move/rename the current world file and then move/rename a backup world file in place of it. If they were just crashing randomly I may agree here, but rolling back requires a human at the helm. Perhaps the issues with 293.100 are the cause of some of the restarts and rollbacks?

36 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

Rolling back requires admin intervention. I have had plenty of crashes due to bugs over the years with my cluster and rollbacks don't magically happen. Rolling back requires a person with server access to delete/move/rename the current world file and then move/rename a backup world file in place of it. If they were just crashing randomly I may agree here, but rolling back requires a human at the helm. Perhaps the issues with 293.100 are the cause of some of the restarts and rollbacks?

On offical no administration  is needed to roll server back...

At this point, as a server admin, I'd say prove it. I want to know how a file can be renamed to an exact sequence of characters without a full-on takeover attack. All I am hearing is somebody say "a DDOS can rename files" which is false. To roll back The Island, for example, one would need to delete, move, or rename "TheIsland.ark" while the server is offline. They would then need to rename one of the backup files from something like "TheIsland_20190308_131500.ark" to exactly "TheIsland.ark". A DDOS cannot do that. A human renaming files can. Hell, maybe a batch script designed to roll back every time you start or stop the server, but why would anybody do that? Something doesn't add up here.

5 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

At this point, as a server admin, I'd say prove it. I want to know how a file can be renamed to an exact sequence of characters without a full-on takeover attack. All I am hearing is somebody say "a DDOS can rename files" which is false. To roll back The Island, for example, one would need to delete, move, or rename "TheIsland.ark" while the server is offline. They would then need to rename one of the backup files from something like "TheIsland_20190308_131500.ark" to exactly "TheIsland.ark". A DDOS cannot do that. A human renaming files can. Hell, maybe a batch script designed to roll back every time you start or stop the server, but why would anybody do that? Something doesn't add up here.

I think what they are describing is not a real rollback..... just a crash/restat so time goes back because the world wasnt save....

Anyway It has nothing to do with the original post, witch is complining about cheater not being punished

Automating a Rollback is pretty simple, the very same with restarts which requires less steps.

The key is triggers to initiate.

DDos attacks are as old as the hills and at one time most Networks started protecting themselves.

However now that we have down sizing, remoting and cloud blah blah blah, DDoS is once again very effective.

It really is amazing how vulnerable companies have made themselves in pursuit of saving money.  

Again i will state. I am not speaking about roll backs. I am speaking about ddos. The result of the ddos the majority of the time is the server going 255 ping and being completely locked up for whatever time the ddoser desires. It has nothing to do with rolling back the server or server files or anything of the sort. 

On 3/9/2019 at 3:23 AM, Korizan said:

Automating a Rollback is pretty simple, the very same with restarts which requires less steps.

The key is triggers to initiate.

DDos attacks are as old as the hills and at one time most Networks started protecting themselves.

However now that we have down sizing, remoting and cloud blah blah blah, DDoS is once again very effective.

It really is amazing how vulnerable companies have made themselves in pursuit of saving money.  

You need to remember that Wildcard has to pay for running a lot of nitrado server. They aren't rich, and sometimes they have to downsize. We aren't paying for the server we play on, they are, and its not surprising things like this can, and will, happen.

Archived