S+ snap point fix is finally here and...

GaleTheWhale

I JUST rebuilt a building with the "new vanilla" parts.

Your patch reverted my objects, so I get to rebuild again.

What the actual...

unknown.png?width=1214&height=683

This was the new vanilla double door.

This was the new vanilla "large stone wall".

This is the building I get to rebuild. Again.

smh.

Edited to add: The "S+ Stone Ramps" in front were the new vanilla "stone stair"...

The triangular/angled stuff aside, is anyone else having issues just snapping in square foundations to existing S+ square buildings? The incorrect placement seems to be tied to the user's camera position and rotation (and affects both S+ and vanilla foundations): https://imgur.com/a/HUGPN8P

Note: I should point out: this is only one issue, and so far, I've seen it affect ceilings, foundations, and pillars. There's also issues with snap points being shown, but nothing actually getting placed when you attempt to, no matter how many times you retry placing it. That issue affects walls, foundations, ceilings, and ramps, and it seems only occur when you're attempting to snap to an existing S+ structure. The last issue I noticed is that structures like the S+ Tek Elevator show snap points but can't be placed on anything regardless of whether they're vanilla or S+.

1 hour ago, ApolloJackson said:

The triangular/angled stuff aside, is anyone else having issues just snapping in square foundations to existing S+ square buildings? The incorrect placement seems to be tied to the user's camera position and rotation (and affects both S+ and vanilla foundations): https://imgur.com/a/HUGPN8P

Note: I should point out: this is only one issue, and so far, I've seen it affect ceilings, foundations, and pillars. There's also issues with snap points being shown, but nothing actually getting placed when you attempt to, no matter how many times you retry placing it. That issue affects walls, foundations, ceilings, and ramps, and it seems only occur when you're attempting to snap to an existing S+ structure. The last issue I noticed is that structures like the S+ Tek Elevator show snap points but can't be placed on anything regardless of whether they're vanilla or S+.

Yep... seeing this too.  At a standstill on base construction.  I don't want to replace w/ new vanilla components since those snaps are not refined yet and I could end up having to rebuild structures.  "Almost working" is just not good enough.

I have noticed most things work, but I can no longer snap ceilings to the 4x Large Walls or those walls to ceilings.

I can snap another 1x wall to it, and then snap a ceiling to that. but that makes the building 1 wall higher.

Uhhh? You're not seeing the following behavior: https://imgur.com/a/fj6bZtB?

Archived