So without the Kibble tree....

KrackenOne

54 minutes ago, TayTay said:

The rework is a nice step in a direction; it reduces the amount of Dino Farms players need, and makes more space for dinos the players actually want.

No need for 10+ mega's for a therizno; ect.

This update is a glorified dino cap fix and with the cryopod's, this makes things better. It'll be nice knowing I can throw an egg down to hatch a baby without having to worry about a tribe owning 10+ of every kibble dino just so they can imprint and tame dinos they want.

This will have zero positive impact on tamecaps.  Think about it:  For the thirteen-billionth time, people aren't going to have -LESS- overall dinos!  You even said it yourself.  They will have more dinos of the kind they want.

It can EVEN be argued that this change will have a negative impact on the tamecap because with a simplified kibble/taming system, one set of kibble dinos opens up an entire army of new tames, making it easier to stock bases full of dinos of more varying types, and driving servers toward tamecap faster as new players are able to get perfect tames with less overall effort.  Don't get me wrong:  Taming is awesome, breeding is amazing, and the game is largely about the dinos so I am all for taming and breeding.  But please, let's call it what it is... 

And what it isn't, is a tamecap fix.

2 minutes ago, Meljardo said:

The only things you need the highest end kibble for are Megalania (which most people won't tame), Yutyrannus, and Thylacoleo. Everything else you can perfect tame with Exceptional kibble which you can make from rex, Quetz, or bronto eggs. Thyla and Yuty can just be tamed with mutton. You don't need hesperonis unless you absolutely positively NEED a perfect tame on one of those 3 dinos.

Unless your server is on unofficial (and therefore has boosted rates), Thylas will still need to be tamed with Kibble.  They are very very poopy even with 2x and cooked mutton (best non-kibble food):  A 150 on 1x is over 3.5 hours and only 19.9% effective (+14 bonus levels), and even 2x is almost 2 hours, and is only 49.9% effective (+37 bonus levels).

But, the Wyvern trenches are always there.  Stealing eggs isn't THAT tough, and Thylas don't take a huge amount of kibble...  Not like a Bronto or something.

2 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Unless your server is on unofficial (and therefore has boosted rates), Thylas will still need to be tamed with Kibble.  They are very very poopy even with 2x and cooked mutton (best non-kibble food):  A 150 on 1x is over 3.5 hours and only 19.9% effective (+14 bonus levels), and even 2x is almost 2 hours, and is only 49.9% effective (+37 bonus levels).

But, the Wyvern trenches are always there.  Stealing eggs isn't THAT tough, and Thylas don't take a huge amount of kibble...  Not like a Bronto or something.

Yea, that's why i said unless you need a perfect tame due to the Thyla coming out low. Maybe it is because i remember doing a 8 hour tame for a rex before kibble came out that 3 hours doesn't seem long for me lol. As for the Wyvern trenches the original poster was talking about on the Island and Center they don't have those options and needed to mass tame hesperonis. I was replying that they didnt really unless they wanted a perfect tame Yuty or Thyla lol.

31 minutes ago, Meljardo said:

The only things you need the highest end kibble for are Megalania (which most people won't tame), Yutyrannus, and Thylacoleo. Everything else you can perfect tame with Exceptional kibble which you can make from rex, Quetz, or bronto eggs. Thyla and Yuty can just be tamed with mutton. You don't need hesperonis unless you absolutely positively NEED a perfect tame on one of those 3 dinos.

I only perfect tame. It's my thing. I refuse to even try if I cannot do it right.

So when you start on The Island or The Center, what then? 50,000 hesperornises in hopes of a few eggs?

1 hour ago, crazybizow said:

Do me a favor, log on a new official 1x server as a solo player, hell grab a friend. Make this a personal challenge and give it a go. Let me know how easy you get airborne and how long it takes you.

Sorry, I have a wife, kids and a job. I like to play maybe 4 hours per day tops when everyone is in bed. And 4 hours is excessive imho to be "gaming" daily.

I know some of you spend far too much time in this game but seriously, try it for yourself with the new kibble system. Vanilla, official servers solo. I'll wait ;)

Why is it you think kibble is needed for a Ptera or Argy? Load Rag, spawn at highlands. Run around till your just on the southern side of the volcano lava flow to the ocean. Slap a foundation down with a mortar n pestal, dont need a bed, spawn point is that close. Doesn't take long to get a couple narcs together and a normal bow will do. Ovis within a small walking distance as well as Pteras. Saddle can be farmed from bugs in the volcano lava flow. Then just take your bird wherever you want to go. Definitely do-able in your alotted timeframe. I play official vanilla both pvp and pve have done this multiple times now

I am on PS4. I noticed now that I like to kill every dinosaur I find like a hunter. With the previous kibble tree, you needed the dinosaurs for their eggs to make kibble so they were like a precious commodity. In the past, I would check the dinosaur out to see what part of the kibble tree it was in. Now I just look at the dinosaur, if I find them ugly, I just kill it and take its meat and hide and keratin. I kill the big snakes, the crocodiles because they are ugly. I shoot them with my scoped one bullet rifle. It's pretty good. I love hunting dinosaurs. Why tame them when you can just kill them? It's so much easier.

I just got a few basic small dinosaurs which I tamed before the update. I have not tamed a new dinosaur since the new update. I just kill every dinosaur I find especially on land. I got a quick flying bird for the sky and a fast Parasaur for land and a dolphin for sea.

Now I shoot first and find out later whether the dinosaur was of any use or not. 

I want to kill the big sharks next. Kill them with crossbow and harpoon. 

40 minutes ago, Gabriel388 said:

I am on PS4. I noticed now that I like to kill every dinosaur I find like a hunter. With the previous kibble tree, you needed the dinosaurs for their eggs to make kibble so they were like a precious commodity. In the past, I would check the dinosaur out to see what part of the kibble tree it was in. Now I just look at the dinosaur, if I find them ugly, I just kill it and take its meat and hide and keratin. I kill the big snakes, the crocodiles because they are ugly. I shoot them with my scoped one bullet rifle. It's pretty good. I love hunting dinosaurs. Why tame them when you can just kill them? It's so much easier.

I just got a few basic small dinosaurs which I tamed before the update. I have not tamed a new dinosaur since the new update. I just kill every dinosaur I find especially on land. I got a quick flying bird for the sky and a fast Parasaur for land and a dolphin for sea.

Now I shoot first and find out later whether the dinosaur was of any use or not. 

I want to kill the big sharks next. Kill them with crossbow and harpoon. 

You just described the five year old mentality and problem with this patch perfectly. You only need a few tames, then you just slaughter everything. However, the prior mentality of needing to not slaughter things is also far from correct. A normal player decides what he or she wants to tame, then goes out to get whatever is needed for that ultimate goal. I have never met a single person who just "tames everything" in hopes of being able to "tame everything". If this is how officials are played it is no wonder tame limits are hit. That's just stupid.

l''m confused now. According to community crunch info, compy eggs produce simple kibble, but you guys tell that it's basic like dodo. Yes, I know compys are harder to tame, but there will be no problem when you're in the "middle phase game". It worth it because you will save so much space to store them. But it's only my thoughts to find optimal dinos, still need practice.

5 hours ago, crazybizow said:

Personally I think the old system was not broken. This new tree is absolutely game breaking for new players.

Example. I recently re-started my ark adventure on an ORP server. I'm mostly solo pvp and getting offlined sucks...so I had to start from scratch again. 

Top priority in any mode is getting airborne. Via Pteranadon or Argy. No problem right? Tame a few dodos, grow some carrots and within a day or two you are airborne! Scope the server find a spot and begin to build. 

But let's take a look at this tree. What is an easy time worthy tame on official 1x...none really. Maybe a turtle? Even a measly level 20 you're looking at 45 minutes per turtle! What fun is this? 

After a PT priority's shift to a farming dino. Argy, doedic, anklyo and again...this new system is horrible. Well forget solo and kibble farms. Just to tame your basic dinos, you will have to spend hours upon hours taming Dino's you will never use. 

Why change something that wasn't broken to begin with. If anything needed to be changed, it's the taming time on official servers. The grind to get somewhat established with Dino's and resources only to get offlined is just rediculous. 

Yes, you are right. I'm in same boat, play orp on official server. I have dodo and dilo farms and tamed anky, doedicurus, ptera using that farms. Now this farms are useless for me and I got to tame another dinos to farm eggs to tame anky and doedicurus in future if I loose them.

10 hours ago, CrazyTactic said:

l''m confused now. According to community crunch info, compy eggs produce simple kibble, but you guys tell that it's basic like dodo. Yes, I know compys are harder to tame, but there will be no problem when you're in the "middle phase game". It worth it because you will save so much space to store them. But it's only my thoughts to find optimal dinos, still need practice.

You are correct https://ark.gamepedia.com/Simple_Kibble  I still think Raptors are easier to tame than compy's on all maps.  I prefer compy's though due to size, just not as easy.

Archived