Thats what happen when a part of team goes work in another game

balistikas

this  patch  is  the proof  that   we are getting  forgotten many  devs   went work in atlas and now a patch with so much bugs so much freezes  takes ages to get  fixed  with out  getting  news or ETA 

community and fan base  here waiting waiting and  devs dont even make some post about  whats happening

working on  its  the  last thing i heard 14 h ago

43 minutes ago, balistikas said:

this  patch  is  the proof  that   we are getting  forgotten many  devs   went work in atlas and now a patch with so much bugs so much freezes  takes ages to get  fixed  with out  getting  news or ETA 

community and fan base  here waiting waiting and  devs dont even make some post about  whats happening

Are you just going to use Atlas as a scapegoat for every time something bad happens. It’s been several months and many good patches have come out, but keep bringing up a team that has since left and been replaced.

Also, what more do you want? The devs update us on the basis they have something to report. Would you prefer that they update us every hour just to say, “still working on it”?

2 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Are you just going to use Atlas as a scapegoat for every time something bad happens. It’s been several months and many good patches have come out, but keep bringing up a team that has since left and been replaced.

Also, what more do you want? The devs update us on the basis they have something to report. Would you prefer that they update us every hour just to say, “still working on it”?

Salty is right. People freaked out when Extinction first came out and had bundles of issues. While they all haven't been completely fixed, most have. Things take time to fix. Weather the storm and all will be fine soon enough.

what about  simple  holes like the one in suken forest thats  its  really  ez  to find  and never  have been fixed?

its not an excuse  its   wht we are facing .....

this update  was  tested  for 1 mouth and  now we  get    there is  still  snap  problems? kibble problems? lag problems?

in my  server im not even able to  get out  from my base     i try cryyo  dinos  for dont starve   lag hits and cancels   cryo....

1 hour ago, balistikas said:

dude its okay its only been 2 days at least they know about all the issues.

8 minutes ago, covenantgrunt said:

We, the PvP community had been waiting. 3+ months for Manas to be fixed and make PvP playable again with almost no response or care from devs on the matter. Many people I know quit the game over Manas, including friends who used to stream. You unofficial players now get to share our pain. Welcome to Ark.

My server runs fine ;) I was playing with all the features last night. I do like your pain. Sure, imprinted is borked right now.. so i just put breeding on hold until then. 

The amount of game breaking bugs ive experienced in my time here is huge. Sometimes you just got to not get so worked up about it. It is just a game after all.

2 hours ago, SeasSi said:

Salty is right. People freaked out when Extinction first came out and had bundles of issues. While they all haven't been completely fixed, most have. Things take time to fix. Weather the storm and all will be fine soon enough.

Sorry, you can't compare Extinction and Homestead : Extinction didn't have an open beta. For Homestead, devs released an open beta and specifically asked players to test and report issues. Guess what ? Major issues like missing S+ snap points and missing discovered Explorer notes were repeatedly reported WEEKS ago by beta testers. Still, they released Homestead with these major issues ! Why ??

1 hour ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

dude its okay its only been 2 days at least they know about all the issues.

These issues were reported weeks ago by beta testers.

43 minutes ago, Elgar said:

Sorry, you can't compare Extinction and Homestead : Extinction didn't have an open beta. For Homestead, devs released an open beta and specifically asked players to test and report issues. Guess what ? Major issues like missing S+ snap points and missing discovered Explorer notes were repeatedly reported WEEKS ago by beta testers. Still, they released Homestead with these major issues ! Why ??

These issues were reported weeks ago by beta testers.

I get that but the majority of the people mad about this just got this.

1 hour ago, covenantgrunt said:

We, the PvP community had been waiting. 3+ months for Manas to be fixed and make PvP playable again with almost no response or care from devs on the matter. Many people I know quit the game over Manas, including friends who used to stream. You unofficial players now get to share our pain. Welcome to Ark.

Stop you know you love manas ?

3 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I agree. Patience people.

Plus we want a good fix. Not something they threw together quickly and didn't test well, to appease the masses. 

I understand razzing them about not doing enough testing on the 'Homestead' patch, but if people are going to do that, don't turn around and demand they repeat the mistake and possibly break even more stuff on the 'fix'.

1 hour ago, covenantgrunt said:

How many changes/nerfs to Mana are required until the PVP players stop QQ?

v293.100 Homestead!

• When Managarmr freezes a dino with a rider, the rider will no longer be dismounted but rather frozen for 1 second
  • Duration of frozen for player characters is now a function of health and armor rating
  • Duration of frozen for player characters is significantly reduced overall
  • Reduced Managarmr ice breath damage ~25%

v292.100

• Increased time between freeze buffs
  • Ice breath freeze amount is now more significantly reduced by distance

• Ice Breath damage is now scaled by distance to the target
  • Reduced Ice Breath freeze amount
  • Increased time between Freeze Debuffs 

• Structures now block dive damage
  • Fixed issue with dive damage not being reduced by armor
  • Ice breath should no longer go through Managarmr when aiming backwards and aiming for the opposite side

- Increased Managarmr stamina usage for chained jumps

- Now requires half second pass before allowing another forward dash after jumping.
- Adjusted ice breath to not be usable directly behind you on the ground. 

- Fixed issue with damage calculation

8 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Given the fact that most of the data were derived and changed from ARK, I am not surprised people will still blame ATLAS for causing the devs to "abandon" ARK, and nothing will change that fact.

4 hours ago, Demerus said:

How many changes/nerfs to Mana are required until the PVP players stop QQ?

Probably never. Mana were "broken" to begin with, and I can't see any changes that will shut them up.

I'm surprised the pc players expect monthly effort put into a game that doesn't have monthly fees. most of you bought this game in beta several years ago and bought the dlcs when steam severely discounted the season pass.  You have gotten way more value from this game in the way of hours played than you could have spending that money on any other legal activity, but you still expect them to respond to every little whiny quip like you are actually paying for these official servers yourself or something.

For the people playing ports, you knew what you were getting into. There was ridiculous amounts of data available when your selected port dropped to let you know what sort of company you were going to be engaging with.  There was no real way a game ported from PC was going to somehow magically run better on your specialized hardware of choice so stop acting surprised all the time and maybe keep up with the pc patch notes so you know what's coming down the pipes for you in the future.

The original team was working on ark for a long time and this game was for alot of them a early project and they worked with it when unreal 4 engine was still relatively new.  At this stage fixing ark and modernizing it will require alot of work on their part  for relatively no money because they can't very well sink that many hours into rewriting many core things about their game and package it as a DLC.  Even if they did there is a good chance all of you would just suffer massive strokes if you lost even one of your dodos to an error because something was suddenly incompatable or who knows what.  So yes they went to work on a new game because that's generally more rewarding as a programmer than playing code janitor.

But there is a silver lining they hired new people who are probably pretty passionate about the game because their first order of business is to fix crap instead of trying to ram another pay dlc down your throat.  I'm just saying you can't pay once then decide you suddenly have a vote in what they do going forward because your only vote comes when they release DLC.  Once again though silver lining! they generally for some reason listen to you guys because they probably do want your money in the future, which means they aren't done yet so buckle down, give constructive criticism and stop predicting the death of ark.  If i had a nickle for every time i've heard people predict the death of ark and decide that they represent a huge part of the ark population, i could put them all in a sock and make a fairly decent sap.

18 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I'm surprised the pc players expect monthly effort put into a game that doesn't have monthly fees. most of you bought this game in beta several years ago and bought the dlcs when steam severely discounted the season pass.  You have gotten way more value from this game in the way of hours played than you could have spending that money on any other legal activity, but you still expect them to respond to every little whiny quip like you are actually paying for these official servers yourself or something.

For the people playing ports, you knew what you were getting into. There was ridiculous amounts of data available when your selected port dropped to let you know what sort of company you were going to be engaging with.  There was no real way a game ported from PC was going to somehow magically run better on your specialized hardware of choice so stop acting surprised all the time and maybe keep up with the pc patch notes so you know what's coming down the pipes for you in the future.

The original team was working on ark for a long time and this game was for alot of them a early project and they worked with it when unreal 4 engine was still relatively new.  At this stage fixing ark and modernizing it will require alot of work on their part  for relatively no money because they can't very well sink that many hours into rewriting many core things about their game and package it as a DLC.  Even if they did there is a good chance all of you would just suffer massive strokes if you lost even one of your dodos to an error because something was suddenly incompatable or who knows what.  So yes they went to work on a new game because that's generally more rewarding as a programmer than playing code janitor.

But there is a silver lining they hired new people who are probably pretty passionate about the game because their first order of business is to fix crap instead of trying to ram another pay dlc down your throat.  I'm just saying you can't pay once then decide you suddenly have a vote in what they do going forward because your only vote comes when they release DLC.  Once again though silver lining! they generally for some reason listen to you guys because they probably do want your money in the future, which means they aren't done yet so buckle down, give constructive criticism and stop predicting the death of ark.  If i had a nickle for every time i've heard people predict the death of ark and decide that they represent a huge part of the ark population, i could put them all in a sock and make a fairly decent sap.

Players dont expect monthly effort, they expect bugs corrected. Those players did not pay with broken dollars, so they shouldn't receive broken final product. It is a minimum in quality for any company that want to succeed.

Also, im personally pro monthly fees, but only in case this guarantees me less than 1h support response and much more broad support capabilities, like deleted character recovery with tekgrams etc.

10 hours ago, balistikas said:

14 hours ago ain t much lol

15 hours ago, arkark said:

Players dont expect monthly effort, they expect bugs corrected. Those players did not pay with broken dollars, so they shouldn't receive broken final product. It is a minimum in quality for any company that want to succeed.

Also, im personally pro monthly feeds, but only in case this guarantees me less than 1h support response and much more broad support capabilities, like deleted character recovery with tekgrams etc.

That's great and all but nobody told them to purchase a "broken" game.  You don't buy things and hope they get better.  You offer constructive criticism that helps a team better develop their product so that you will buy more in the future.  People do have a right to be frustrated because they are human, but so are the people who work on the games. I doubt any of them are these evil people who sit around in a dark room deciding how to make people cry or something.  If you have already given someone your money you have no more leverage, none at all other than refusing to give them future money. Therefore you should be kind when you do not have leverage.  The point of my post was to point this out and express my disdain for their whininess simply because i can and it made me feel good to do so.  I'm not trying to make friends or get your money so i don't have to be gentle.

Hey, at least they now sometimes communicate with the players.

I mostly played during the beta, and early release. Me and my friends got fed up with the grind and mind numbingly stupid tasks, so we stopped playing. We came back a few months ago, running our own modded server with S+ stuff and a whole lot of other mods that actually make the game playable for people with jobs and families, and much more fun as well.

My point is: I remember when Wildcard would not even communicate that they knew about an issue. There was still a Bug Forum back then, and things could be there for over a year, on the first 1-2 pages, and never get any response.

9 hours ago, jpcab said:

14 hours ago ain t much lol

Devs do have families, work hours, responsibilities, etc. Probably meetings to discuss the other things they are working on. 

Fixes don't just magically happen with the push of a button. There's testing and trial and error. Maybe they did set up snap points right but somewhere there's an error. Now they have to find that error. They knew about the snap point issue when releasing homestead, it's safe to assume they are still working out the issue as they try to find out what's causing it. Homestead was probably released even though it's got bugs because of some pressure from the community. People kept asking when it was coming and they probably felt that everyone wanted it right away, so once it was at least useable and mostly stable they pushed it out to you. 

Archived